Trident Hotel Kinsale
Agoda.com
Valley View(Kinsale)
TripAdvisor
1,093 results
All reviewswharf tavernexecutive roomlovely hotelhuge windowsresidents barkippersoverlooking the watersea viewlovely viewthe pubroom was largethird floorfull irisha lovely staylovely roombeautiful townbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is a lovely hotel, but a little basic for what it cost, with no fridge or safe.
Amazing location overlooking a very picturesque harbour.
The staff were friendly & efficient. The hotel restaurant and bar was very nice.
The hotel was 3 minute walk from shops restaurants & bars.
This location is very close to cork airport, ideal for early flights, we also had free parking.

Room Tip: A harbour facing room is lovely
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear debnmac,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us in the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff friendly and efficient. We are fortunate with our location - overlooking Kinsale harbour, within walking distance of the restaurants, shops and galleries and still within 20 minutes drive of Cork International Airport.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Kinsale and the Trident in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a wedding and it is a beautiful hotel. The rooms are large and spotless with amazing views of the harbour through massive windows. The view from the rooms was so stunning that we has breakfast in the room to take advantage of it.
Bed was massive and very very comfortable. It was a very hot August weekend and the air conditioning was on upon our arrival meaning the room was nice and cool.
The hotel is very expensive at €150 a night but worth it as a treat or a special occasion. Getting glorious weather really added to the charm and luxury of the hotel, views and town itself.
Parking was a bit of a disaster for a 4star hotel with a wedding booked. The receptionist told me the car park was full of non residence as the weather was so fine so we had to park our car half a mile away from the hotel and I worried about being clamped or fined. My friend also had to park away from the hotel and her car was all scraped the next morning.
Also there was a male staff member leaning outside the reception desk who watched me struggle with my bags and my boyfriends bag that I was forced to bring as my boyfriend was off trying to find parking up the town. I was very surprised he didn't offer to help me just watched me struggle which made me more flustered.

• Stayed: August 2014
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Jeasicaraymond,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to the Trident Hotel.

I am sorry that you had difficulty with parking but as you say it was a beautiful August bank holiday weekend and probably the busiest time of the year in Kinsale, so parking was at a premium. Fortunately this is not always the problem. Because of the location of the town on the harbour, parking can be at a premium from time to time.

I am disappointed that a staff member did not offer you some assistance with your bags when you arrived as we do have a porter service - unless he was already attending to another guest.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your room and the views and the king sized bed. I am a little surprised that you felt that €150 for B&B for 2 people in an Executive room overlooking Kinsale harbour was expensive. Keep an eye on our website as we do have special offers and packages on a regular basis - but usually outside the main 'high season'.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and particularly your heading "Fabulous Hotel"!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Fantastic hotel in a very central location.
Rooms are very spacious with excellent facilities, and wonderfully comfy bed.
Staff were very friendly and welcoming.
We found the room was excellent value for money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear aoibheal,

Thank you for your excellent review of the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you had a very positive visit with us and that you found our location, comfort and service to your liking as well as good value!.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Many thanks.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Lovely Room - upgraded to executive on check in which was a nice touch. View was lovely and bathroom excellent. Lovely breakfast and ideal location for exploring Kinsale and Diving from nearby Oceanaddicts

1  Thank Beduffshirl

Dear beduffshirl,

Thank you for your review of your recent short break with us.

I am pleased that you had such a positive experience during your short time with us. Having Oceanaddicts moored so close to us is a great advantage and I'm sure you enjoyed your diving experience with Graham and Anne.

I hope that you will find your way back to us in the near future.

Many thanks.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was one of our hotels on an 8-day trip to Ireland with eleven family members. The trip was marvelously arranged through Maloney and Kelly Travel. All of the accommodations were much more luxurious than we would usually choose, but given the group price each was a very worthwhile splurge. We travelled in a 12 person coach with our private driver and guide Donal Scannell (donal@chauffeuredtoursireland.com), who was a wonderful guide and a lovely and charming person. It was truly a trip of a lifetime.
The hotel is situated in a very spectacular spot along the harbor near the edge of town. It's an easy walk from the center of the small, very cute, very shop- and restaurant-filled town along the harbor sidewalk. The access to the hotel is through a driveway that looks like it's going toward the harbor. The drive opens into a large, free parking area. The hotel entry is bright, well cared for and modern with lots of attractive decoration and wood. The section of the hotel going back from the entry toward the driveway and harbor contains a very cute, pub-like bar-restaurant, and, one floor above the pub is the large bright, cheery breakfast room. The bar and restaurant on site was slightly pricey but had great deserts. There is one small elevator, but the wide, carpeted stairways are a pleasant alternative. This was a good thing because for much of our 2 night stay the elevator was not working.
The rooms were a mix of lovely and questionable. There was a great marble tiled bathroom with an excellent walk-in shower and separate tub. The sink had a nice large vanity surface for ditty bags and toiletries. However, products were generic and there was no lotion. There was also no shaver plug or hair dryer. The room was pleasantly large with good lighting. However, the walls seemed a bit bare with limited decoration and only one small painting of a chair. There was an old-fashioned TV, which we never tried. At first, the WiFi, which was free, seemed reliable and fast. It was quick and easy to get access by password the first night. But, on day 2 we were absolutely unable to get WiFi in our room (#201) although down the hall the signal was fine. When I told the staff about the problem, I must say I got a friendly and helpful response and they made an all out effort to reset routers all to no avail. The WiFi was also very weak in the lobby unless you were sitting very close to the window facing the harbor. The bedroom had pretty, flat white painted walls and new carpet. Just like the lobby there was lots of wood and glass in the rooms. The harbor views were totally quiet, day and night, and lovely. All rooms face the harbor side so the noise from the road, which curves up and around the "back" of the hotel is completely eliminated. The room furniture was modern, clean, mostly wood and pleasant. There was a lovely crisp, clean king bed with a cozy comforter and an extra blanket if needed. The large room window opened to the harbor. The AC worked wonderfully, and since it was just bait stuffy outside, we shut the window and used the AC and it kept the room cool and comfortable. The included breakfast was in the 1st floor in a large, bright and clean room. This is a truly spectacular breakfast with custom made warm food with all the usual ingredients of eggs and meat any way you want, plus cold and hot cereals, lovely breads, cheeses, meats, smoked salmon and a wide array of fruits and pastries. The coffee and tea were excellent and the servers friendly and efficient. This hotel had another very nice amenity, which was free access to a nearby health club with excellent facilities and clean modern locker rooms. The little town had an incredible number and variety of fabulous eating places, and a lovely selection of shops in the narrow streets of the old town area. The town and surrounding area have many local BandB's and less fancy hotels if the splurge for the Trident does not fit your trip budget.

Room Tip: All rooms face to some extent toward the water, but those closer to the entry face more directly toward the harbor. All rooms look over the small parking area (see picture).
1  Thank DaveW43323

Dear Dave,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you had such a positive experience during your visit to Kinsale and the Trident Hotel and that you had more 'ups' than 'downs'!

As regards the 'downs' - I am sorry that you missed the hair drier in the drawer of the desk as we prefer to use a more powerful dryer in the bedroom than a weaker one, that we are permitted, in the bathroom. We are just completing the installation of a much faster and stronger eFiber broadband in the hotel (which has just become available in Kinsale). This should alleviate any difficulties with a weak signal for the WiFi. I was not aware of any difficulties with the lift - I'm sorry if you encountered some.

As regards the'ups', I am pleased that you mentioned so many positives during your stay and obviously having an excellent driver and guide in Donal and a reputable travel company with Maloney & Kelly to oversee all the arrangements, this must have made your visit very easy.

I appreciate the the time you have taken to post such a detailed review as this helps us to continue to improve our service on an ongoing basis.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to Kinsale and the Trident Hotel again in the near future.

Thank you.