“Rooms with Views!”

Actons Hotel Kinsale
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kinsale
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We asked around in Killiney and people said we should stay at the Actons in Kinsale because your rooms had amazing views. The hotel had just been refurbished, the carpets throughout new and uniquely Irish! The service throughout the hotel was warm and friendly. The bar had informed barmen and women. We were still learning about different Irish Whisky. The coffee in the bar excellent. The laundry for my 82 year old Dads shirt, quick, back in a day. We just strolled out the hotel to the finest Restaurants without having to drive. Being woken in the morning by seagulls a unique experience if your windows were left open.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a view!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KillineyBay
Sarah D, General Manager at Actons Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear Killineybay,

Thank you so very much for your very kind feedback from your visit to Actons of Kinsale. We are delighted that you and your father enjoyed your stay with us and we are especially glad to hear that our team were friendly and that our bar staff were informative to you on our great range of Irish whiskeys, I hope you had the opportunity to sample a few during your stay!

I'm delighted to hear that you received recommendations from Killiney about us, I spent four very happy years living and working in beautiful Killiney. With the great views you enjoy over Dublin Bay it's great to hear your comments on the views and sounds of Kinsale. Indeed, I may use your comment about the sound of the seagulls in our marketing materials, very poetic.

We're incredibly lucky to have such a wonderful location, both the great harbour views and the proximity to the many attraction of Kinsale town a short stroll away.Thank you once again for your kind comments which I have passed onto the team here. We hope to welcome you back to Actons of Kinsale again in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

stayed here with my husband and two kids 16 and 12 yr old. the room was huge, double and 2 singles but loads of space, breakfast excellent wonderful choice, ate in bar one night and food was delicious, could be a bit more plentiful but tasted lovely, short stroll into kinsale, will definitely stay again if in area

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank siobhDublin

Dear Siobhdublin,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review of your family's stay in Actons of Kinsale. I'm delighted that you and your family had a good stay with us and particularly that you enjoyed our extensive breakfast range and bar food. Actons has long been a family favourite and I'm glad to say that the new Actons seems to be as popular as ever with families. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you all back to Actons in the future.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed here on a weekend package which included an evening meal. Unfortunately the meal itself was the worst part of an otherwise very pleasant stay.
The hotel has been refurbished to a high standard and the bedrooms and public areas are bright and modern. The service was warm and friendly. Breakfast was excellent with a very large choice of hot and cold food.
However the evening meal was a disappointment. My salad came without any dressing and when I asked for some dressing I was given rape seed oil which was ok but I later saw oil and vineagar cruets being given to someone else. my pasta came without parmesan but worst of all my wife suffered from stomach cramps for the rest of the night due to something she had eaten possibly chicken.Not what one would expect from a member of the kinsale 'Good Food 'circle.
This unfortunte series of events took some of the gloss away from an otherwise very enjoyable stay in Actons and in Kinsale.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back can be noisy but rooms at the front cost extra.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kildareman

Dear KIldareman,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you encountered with your evening meal during your recent stay at Actons of Kinsale. We have since carried out re-training with the service staff to ensure the issue you had regarding salad dressing and parmesan cheese will not recur. The chef is now sending a side portion of fresh grated parmesan as a standard with all pasta dishes.

We are terribly sorry to learn that your wife was unwell and experienced stomach cramps during your stay with us. Please be assured that our kitchens operate to the highest possible standards. All our ingredients are sourced from reputable and licenced suppliers and we employ only fully qualified chefs in our kitchens. The health and safety of our guests is always of primary importance to us and your comments have been treated very seriously by the team here.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank you for your kind comments about the overall refurbishment of the hotel and the comfort of your stay with us. I am also pleased that you were impressed with our breakfast offering and I hope that you may choose to visit Kinsale again in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed here a few weeks ago with my husband and another couple. I must say I was more than impressed. The whole hotel is fresh and new , the bedrooms are lovely and spacious. The staff are very kind and helpful. The breakfasts were top notch. The lounge was very quiet, not much atmosphere, but then it was very early in the year. Overall, I would highly recommend Actons to anyone traveling to Kinsale. it is a real gem and I guarantee you wont be disappointed. Kinsale itself is also a beautiful spot, and the restaurants are all great..

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the harbour
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank catherine66056

Dear Catherine,

What a lovely review and thank you so much for taking the time to write it. I'm delighted to learn that you enjoyed your trip to beautiful Kinsale and most importantly that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have passed on your comments to our team here and they were warmly received.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Recently opened. Nice hotel. Well located. Everything is very adequate. rooms are very clean and well dcorated. Leisure centre is very nice. Breakfast is decent but nothing special. We were happy with everything but nothing outstanding to report.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to review Actons of Kinsale following your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and have passed your comments onto the team here.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Booked a weekend break to celebrate my birthday recently with the other half, and had a nice trip. Hotel is well equipped and lovely leisure centre with very affordable spa. Only thing I would remark on though was I had a discounted voucher bought on special online and felt was treated diferently because of it. We had to ask for a different room as we were given a tiny room out back (and hotel was by no means full) and we got charged for a bottle of wine which was supposed to be included in the deal and there was no comeback. Otherwise, a lovely hotel and Kinsale and the surrounding area is beautiful!

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Claire,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Actons following your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you encountered problems with our billing procedures, yes indeed the wine should have been included on the special offer you stayed on and I am sorry that our administration of this offer let us down on this occasion. We have reviewed our billing procedures over the past few weeks and I'm glad to report that we have sorted out this computer glitch.

Please be assured that we aim to treat all our customers as special and valued customers and I'm sorry to hear that you felt you were treated differently due to staying on a special offer with us.

Thank you also for your positive remarks about the hotel and the staff here, we wish you belated happy birthday wishes and we hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again in the future. Our leisure centre is closed for refurbishment at present and will re-open shortly with an even better treatment offer, perhaps we might tempt you back.

Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

We have just spent 2 nights at the acton and we loved it... We had a harbour view room which was clean modern and spacious ... As was the bed.( spacious that is) A rainfall shower in the bathroom ( no bath). Every member of staff we encountered was friendly and helpful some could be found behind the bar ... Behind reception and serving breakfast generally fitting in all over the hotel. Breakfast was great and plentiful and drinks in the bar were relaxing and again served by friendly staff . Wholeheartedly recommend a stay at the Acton .... Don't delay book today!!!
Love wine? Don't miss out on a visit to the black pig wine bar and cafe behind the acton as with a fab pizzeria the stolen pizza

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Hope153,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback and for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have passed your glowing comments about our friendly staff on to the team here.

Thank you also for the recommendation on the local restaurant, we are very lucky with our location here, beautiful harbour views and a pleasant stroll to some great restaurants and places of interest in Kinsale.

Once again, thank you for the positive review it brightens our day to know that the work we put into delivering friendly and efficient service to our guests doesn't go un-noticed.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Actons in the future.

Breda Keane Shortt

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinsale
Blue Haven Hotel
#3 of 5 in Kinsale
Centre
The River Lee
The River Lee
#2 of 23 in Cork
Perryville House
#6 of 53 in Kinsale

Been to Actons Hotel Kinsale? Share your experiences!