Actons Hotel Kinsale
  • Room Service
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
1,021 results
All reviewsleisure centrelovely hotela harbour view roomeggs benedictno air conditioningcooked breakfastsuperior roombreakfast staffbar foodexcellent locationhotel barcold buffetbreakfast was includedcentral locationfamily roomthree nightsnice room
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I am an American visiting Ireland for the first time and the Actons Hotel made quite the impression. Sitting at the bar talking with Joey and Gerold was refreshing and comfortable. They were personable, friendly and helpful. They gave our group tips on restaurants and spots to visit and they always had a smile on there face. As a tourist it was extremely comforting to be served by such a great staff. I would recommend this hotel and especially this hotel bar to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: July 2013
Sarah D, General Manager at Actons Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Dear Gabby,

Thank you so much for your kind review of Actons and especially for your lovely comments about Joey and Geroid. They really are always smiling and jolly and are a pleasure to work with and I'm glad that you found them helpful to you. They are delighted to read your review and have asked me to convey their thanks.

Thank you for your recommendation of Actons and please keep spreading the word for us.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Excellent friendly staff, great pool, nice rooms etc. etc. All in all the best hotel I have stayed in when visiting the area. Kinsale is great and this hotel has it all. It was perfect for us as we got a fantastic weekend, weather-wise. The hotel is located in the heart of Kinsale and right beside the waterfront. No. 1 in Kinsale for a weekend stay. We did not eat in the hotel outside breakfast (which was top notch).

Room Tip: Get a room at the front - for views of the bay.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Micheal,

Thank you for your kind remarks following your recent stay at Actons. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Kinsale and your stay at Actons. Thank you for your feedback about the team here, we greatly appreciate it. So glad you had the good weather too, we can't always promise that but Actons is a fantastic location when the sun does shine.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stopped at Sidney's brasserie for dinner because it was a gorgeous summer evening in Kinsale and we wanted to enjoy the view of the harbour from their tables on the front lawn. What a fantastic location, and the menu had many varied options. The asian duck salad was a highlight, as was the steak and the apple pie desert. However, the service left a lot to be desired. Our extremely bored waitress forgot about us a number of times (ie didn't come back with answers to questions about the menu, and then only cleared half the plates before disappearing and never coming back to take desert orders). Given it is a bar they must have more than just red or white House wines, but it seemed she couldn't be bothered going back to get the wine list, so wouldn't give us any other options. Despite her surliness, we had a lovely evening there and I would recommend it for a relaxed night out, as long as you are not trying to impress anyone!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Alison,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review of Sidney's Bar & Brasserie following your recent visit. I'm delighted that you enjoyed the food on the new extended Brasserie menu and the outside dining facilities. There are not many locations that can match the view from our lawn on a sunny evening.

Actons strives to provide excellent service to our guests at all times. Please accept my sincere apologies that on your visit our service standards were not as they should have been. Please be assured that we have taken corrective action based on your feedback. All staff have received full training on the menu contents and we do indeed have a varied wine list with 10 featured house wines available by the glass.

Alison thank you again for your kind remarks on the new food items, we are glad that you enjoyed the food and location and we hope that you will return.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 13 July 2013

I stayed at the Actons for 1 night in a room with a view of the harbor. The room was lovely with nice big windows that opened up to let fresh air in. The amenities were nice: safe, iron, coffee maker etc. The breakfast was great. The cold options were self serve with about 8 choices for a hot meal to special order. The hotel’s one elevator was very small so aside from taking luggage up or down, we took the stairs, which were easily accessible. The one drawback I found was the parking lot. Yes, there is one with about 50 spaces, but it isn’t just for hotel guest. So when I arrived on a clear summer day there was no parking in the lot or on the streets anywhere close. I understand that, but the way the parking lot is designed, there was no place to pull the car up where it would be out of the way to unload our bags. We actually had to pull into a handicap spot, which is something we don’t like to do even for a few minutes. Also worth mentioning if you use a third party site and pay in full ahead of time is to make sure they don’t charge you again upon arrival. When I arrived I was told I owed such and such amount and I said, “Isn’t it already paid for?” The front desk clerk told me no and I gave her my credit card. I had traveled all over Ireland and couldn’t remember which hotels I paid for ahead of time and which ones I still owed. So I looked at all my paperwork and found the confirmation for Booking.com that said I paid in full. I told the front desk clerk and she said, “Oh, ok I’ll put a note in your reservations.” She didn’t even look at my paperwork. It seems there should be a better way to do business with a third party or I could have paid for the room twice. Or three times, if you count the front desk clerk telling me it would be such and such amount of euros when I checked out. At that point I said, “For what!” She said, “The accommodations.” I reminded her I already paid. “Oh ya, I see it here.” Huh, why didn’t you look there in the first place?

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the harbor are very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Leo,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Actons of Kinsale. Thank you for your kind remarks and I'm glad that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Kinsale can be difficult for parking on occasion and the recent while we usually have sufficient parking for residents there are unfortunately occasions when the car park fills, parking is for customers only but this includes diners and general hotel customers. I'm very interested in your comment about a designated drop off point for luggage and we will see if we can make some changes to the lay-out to facilitate this.

I'd like to apologise for the issue you experienced with our reception desk regarding your billing. I have spoken to the team in the regard. I hope this did not cause you undue upset.

Thank you once again for your review and I hope you will spread the word about Kinsale and Actons in beautiful California.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We have stayed at Actons twice, once before and once after the recent renovations. While we enjoyed our first visit, the renos really helped the ambiance. The location cannot be beat. It is located right on the harbor and the harbor-side windows present a wonderful and colorful (due to the boats) visage. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable. There is a bright lobby area with bar and restaurant just off the reg desk. Parking is ample and directly in front of hotel. Wheelchair access or ambulatory assisted access, if necessary, would be very easy. There is an elevator though it is small (two people with luggage). Staff was very personable and accommodating. The spa and indoor pool is located just outside the main entrance. We did not use those facilities and while we saw many who did, it did not look overcrowded. I am sure that there are many choices for good accommodations in lovely Kinsale, but this is a good one!

Room Tip: I would highly recommend any of the harbor view rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Bill,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Actons following your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments and observations. We're glad to know that you like the newly refurbished Actons, we are proud to have the best location in Kinsale and the recent spell of beautiful weather has added to the charm with lots of our guests enjoying al fresco dining.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Actons again.