“Great place for breakfast!”
Review of The White House

and 1 more site!
The White House
Ranked #18 of 53 Kinsale B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Very good spot for breakfast after arriving early at Cork airport - only 25mins away.
We fined it gets us in the mood for an Irish holiday!
Been there one evening also, when there was good music, and the staff were delightful when I inadvertently spilled my Guinness!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The White House

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Our stay at was a joyful and delightful experience. At check-in Michael made us feel right at home. Hotel was located in center of town. Easy walk to all the wonders Kinsale has to offer. Bar and restauant were among the best we experienced in all of Ireland. I loved listening to music at bedtime. I wished I could have stayed awake longer to enjoy it. Staff shared useful information about the local area and were exceedingly well informed. Bedding was crisp and clean. Room was sparkling. Breakfast was delicious and served in an elegant manner. We loved White House so much we decided to stay another day. I give White House 5 plus stars.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

I spent one night in Kinsale this week. I left Dublin by car in the morning feeling OK, and arrived
in Kinsale with a terribly painful ear infection at 3:00 pm. I stumbled into the White House reception area and asked if I had any hope of seeing a doctor that day. The words were barely out of my mouth before this lovely woman was on the phone getting me "sorted out" with a doctor's appointment at 4:30 pm. The doctor at the medical center down the street took care of me, and the family that runs the hotel followed up with me a few times. Words cannot adequately describe my gratitude for their kindness and attentiveness.

I would give the hotel a 5 just for this experience alone. However, here are a few other points:

Location: The White House in the middle of the center of Kinsale, and is situated on an adorable block. As other posts have said, it can be a bit noisy at night, but the noise didn't bother me. We had a room in the front with a nice view of the street, so there was a reason for the noise.

Restaurant: The White House is also a restaurant, which served some of the freshest and tastiest fish that I have ever had. The breakfast included in the price of the hotel was outstanding.

Service: As noted above, I can't possibly say enough good things about the service.

Rooms: The rooms were large, clean, and modern. The bed was large and comfy.

I would stay at the White House on any return trip to Kinsale.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our visit to the beautiful harbor town of Kinsale was made even more perfect by our stay at The White House. Located right in the heart of town, The White House gave us easy access to the shops, restaurants, walking trails and nightlife. Our room (number 7) was up two flights of steps but certainly worth the climb! The room was spacious, clean and modern. We had a window seat overlooking the street, flatscreen TV, tea/coffee service and a very comfortable bed. Free wifi access made it easy to stay "in touch". There was quite a bit of street noise since we had the window open, but our second night we asked for a fan , kept the window closed and slept well. Breakfast was served each morning in the restaurant downstairs and included cereals, yogurts, fruit and juice from a buffet as well as your choice of hot breakfast entrees. The owner, Michael, was so very friendly and helpful, calllng a restaurant to reserve a table for us, giving us excellent suggestions for how to make the best use of our short time in Kinsale and giving us perfect directions for our drive to Killarney, with a trip through the Ring of Beara , across the Healy Pass. If you are ever lucky enough to visit Kinsale, make your visit even more special by staying at The White House!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

This place has a great location - perched right above several pubs with extremely loud music and even noisier crowds. While the pubs may close at midnight, the crowd, loud and raucous, made it impossible to get to sleep until 1:30 AM . The staff understands, but can do little but shrug their shoulders. We stayed one night, had planned on two, but left for a peaceful sleep.
The room is clean, the location is good, the breakfast fine.
If you came to KInsale to party hearty-give this place a try. Otherwise find a quiet B&B.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed here for one night. The staff are very very friendly (as you'd expect in Ireland). Location, location, location! The White House is in the center of the town and you have easy access to everything Kinsale has to offer. - Staff are very friendly and helpful - They really live up to the Irish reputation for hospitality. Room was very nice, are clean - Restaurant is good. Bar was great and barman friendly and helpful, also service us for breakfast which was great...I can understand people saying it can be a bit noise, but that's why I choose it as it's at the centre of town with everything around it. Great pub, restaurant and B&B would recommend... Thanks

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed here for one night on the advice of a friend.
The staff are very very friendly (as you'd expect in Ireland). This is not really a hotel - more like an Inn or B&B.
The positives:
- Location, location, location! The White House is in the center of the town and you have easy access to everything Kinsale has to offer.
- Staff are very friendly and helpful - They really live up to the Irish reputation for hospitality. (With the exception of the Polish waitress in the restaurant - here's a hint: lighten up).
- Rooms are clean
- Restaurant is good...the mussels were awesome..the cod special was meh.
The 'not so good' things:
- Parking is an issue - the parking available nearby is always full.
- The rooms are basic, the bed is basic, it's all pretty basic. When you are paying through the nose you'd like to have just a little bit more comfort.
- The bolted fire escape door upstairs was just a little disconcerting.