“Delightful, Beautiful view..Wonderful homemade scones”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Harbour Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kinsale
Harbour Lodge
Boulder, Colorado
“Delightful, Beautiful view..Wonderful homemade scones”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2010

We hated leaving the Harbour Lodge in Kinsale. It was like staying at my grandmothers house. things were not new but everything was clean, the bed was extra comfortable and the staff was accommodating and friendly. I would recommend this place to anyone coming to Kinsale which is a sweet charming village.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

dublin 12
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2010

The Harbour Lodge is located a short 10 min walk from kinsale town. When we got there our room was upgraded since the Lodge was not full. The room was stunning with a balcony over the harbour & a view of all the boats.It was spotlessly clean but the tv only had 2 stations. There is a cozy pub next door with a bar garden and several restaurant options near-by.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2010

Our room had a wonderful view of Kinsale harbor. We enjoyed breakfast in the hotel conservatory, with a panoramic view of the harbour and all of its boats. We had a fime dinner at "The Spinnaker," a pub just adjacent to the hotel. Also "The Spaniard" is a great choice for dinner, just 5 minutes away.. .

limerick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2010

THis is in the Sciliy part of town which is fabulous, gorgeous views from the bedrooms. The rooms are basic but clean. We didnt spend much time in the rooms anyway much preferred being out about. Lovely 10-15 min walk into town, would not recommend for anyone that has difficulty walking though. Owner very friendly. Really enjoyed stay there and would have no problem recommending to anyone or staying again

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2010

This guest house is in a fabulous location just at the beginning of the lovely Scilly Walk, minutes walk to good pub and two great restaurants. Great views from rooms and lovely little balcony. Bedroom was very cosy, breakfast really good.

Only three bad points about the room,
1. There was a plastic sheet on the bed, even though there was a lovely feather duvet and pillow.
2. There were no tea/coffee making facilities in the room.
3. There was no switch for the bedside wall lamps,
also as others have said, walls are paper thin

I would recommend this guesthouse, but only if you got a good deal, I wouldn't pay anything over E100 per room.

Holywood, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2010

I booked this accomodationa at short notice, believing it to be a hotel. It was dissicult to find and quite a bit out from Kinsale. The male who greated my wife and I was pleasant, unlike the female on the desk who was very cold and unwelcoming. The room was about 20 years old in Decor and had paper thin walls. When we went into the conservatory, we received no attention what so ever so headed out into the town. We were woken early in the morning by the sound of water pipes. IKinsale is a lovely town and for around the same money could have stayed in a more modern central hotel. Chose to stay no longer than necessary and we Checked out without having breakfast. Was not asked if I enjoyed my stay and if everything was ok - I wonder why?

1 Thank sombochris
Buckinghamshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2009

I booked this hotel over the telephone, they advised they would send me a booking confirmation via email. I never received this, so was unsure if my booking had been processed, I tried phoning 2 or 3 times a day for a week - no answer. I wrote emails, no answer. I took this as I had no booking, but was worried as they had taken my credit card details to hold the room.

I was on holiday from the UK travelling from Belfast down the West Coast to Kinsale.

When I arrived in Kinsale I arrived at my new booked hotel, the gentleman at the front desk was very helpful, when I advised him of my troubles with The Habour Lodge, he offered to contact them. After speaking with Habour Lodge they confirmed I did have a booking, however their phone systems had been down the last week, when I questioned the lack contact by email too, he was not able to advise why that would be. He assured me that no payment would be taken from my credit card as it was their error.

The room booking was for Monday 19th Oct, payment was taken on the 13th Oct, no credit has been made to my credit card account. I have again tried calling and emailing a number of times since receiving my credit card statement, to avail !!!

I am at my wits end, I have tried everything, the lack of contact and customer sevice this hotel gives is totally unbelievable and totally unacceptable !!

BOOK THIS HOTEL AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends