“The best dining & entertainment in Kinsale”

Hamlets Bar Kinsale
Ranked #34 of 75 Restaurants in Kinsale
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A fresh, vibrant and exciting bar in the heart of Kinsale with great indoor and outdoor seating areas, superb food, finest wines, spirits, cocktails and a host of craft beers. Hamlets has stylish indoor areas and private party area ‘ the Keg Room’’ and unique fully heated outdoor areas such as our front deck, our newly refurbished secret garden with outdoor stove, Tikki Hut and our very own classic boat. Yes a boat! We took a 1930 classic wooden sailing boat and turned into an area you can sit around and have a gin on the boat! It's a fantastic venue for private parties, birthdays, after wedding BBQs, corporate nights or a drink with friends. Great food served daily from 12 midday, with an interesting menu and pizzas a specialty. Also exciting daily lunch specials, mouth watering desserts and sharing platters. Our chefs take pride in delivering the very best food with fantastic offerings to suit all taste buds. Hamlets is open 7 days a week and has live music and the best of DJ's throughout. We also have regular events including, craft beer festivals, cocktail parties and lots more!
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

My travel companions and I decided to eat dinner here on a recent visit. The food was absolutely amazing; best pepper sauce I have ever had and they were kind enough to share the recipe with us!
After dinner, we went outside to the covered veranda area and stopped to listen to truly the most amazing band we've ever heard; The Niall McCabe Band. Soulful
music, heavenly voice and talented musicians.

What we thought would be a simple dinner turned out to be one of the best nights we had during our 2 week travels through Ireland!

You must eat here and if you have enough time to spend in Kinsale, call ahead to see if the Niall's McCabe band is playing that night.

1  Thank Mjtravel73

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We had a great meal here and our waiter was very good. He patiently answered our questions about the menu and some sites we'd seen before coming in. They have a peppercorn sauce to die for!!! They also had great music on the terrace outside after our meal on Sunday which was fabulous. It did take us a while to get our ticket, but found that to be the case in almost every restaurant we visited while in Ireland.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Best bar/Pub/Club in Kinsale. Was Au-Pairing in Kinsale from September 2012 - June 2013 and was here alot. met a few of the staff, everyone is friendly and great craic, drinks are a decent price. food is great. and always a place to go weather its to party at night or enjoy a quite beer or tea during the day. Unfortunilty i am no longer in Kinsale as i am back in New Zealand, but i will go back there on my visit to Ireland next year. Hamlets was well known in Kinsale with the aupair community and alot of us enjoyed going there. i even had my birthday here :)

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Dropped in for a spot of dinner on the terrace. Sun was great but the rest was hugely disappointing. Firstly the table service is almost non-existent. We had to go to the bar to tell them we were sitting down and wanted to eat something. Also had to go to the bar to re-order drinks and also to tell them our starters were finished so we could have the mains. The food itself is way under-par. We ordered a 'Beetroot, Pear, Apple & Cashel Blue Cheese Salad'. I know it doesn't say so in the tilte but you'd expect a bit of lettuce in a salad wouldn't you, or at least a light dish? It was a heavy, gooey plate of the above ingredients with no lettuce. Not really what you'd expect when ordering a salad. My girlfriend couldn't eat more than one bite. It was way too heavy for her. I got a 'Pizza Bianco'. I thought it would be an interesting pizza because it said 'something different' on the menu. It was basically a homemade plain pizza base with cream cheese all over it and smoked salmon and bits of rocket. Probably the blandest, least adventurous pizza I have ever tasted, and way overpriced, it was the most expensive pizza on the menu. Apart from the food the clientele appeared rough and were extremely loud at the next table. As we were eating we had to sit through cursing and insults. I wouldn't recommend this place. Its a pity because the location is great, so much potential for this place. Kinsale centre really needs an outdoor terrace with good food, good service and nice atmosphere

Reviewed 15 June 2013

I was at a BBQ recently and was very impressed with the food and the staff.

the food was exceptional. The staff from the owner, the chefs, the bar manager were top of their game.

Would I go back? Hell Yes!

As I was leaving there was a brilliant band playing and a good crowd. I wish I could have stayed there the whole night.