“Excellent fare and wine selection in beautiful Kinsale”

Aperitif Wine & Tapas Bar
Ranked #39 of 75 Restaurants in Kinsale
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kinsale's stylish Wine & Tapas Bar located in the very heart of picturesque Kinsale which is situated only 20 minutes from Cork City. At the centre of the action Aperitif an ideal choice for a light bite, tapas and a glass of wine from the excellent range in our wine cellar.
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I recently spent a wonderful evening in the cosy wine bar Aperitif at the Blue Haven Hotel in Kinsale, where a wide selection of delicious tapas, combined with an excellent choice of fine wines, served by friendly staff in a relaxed ambience proved to be a winner! I couldn't recommend it highly enough - and it was fantastic value too!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

New Aperitif is amazing - lovely decor, great wine list and even a vintage wine list - staff very friendly and helpful

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Aperitif has recently moved house and we used to go there quite a lot in the old location which was always above excellent. We went there last Saturday night and oh dear, what a change, decor and ambiance great but staff running like headless chickens, we booked a table for 8.30 and still had not got out food by 10.15, apologies from the girl obviously running the place but the lack of customer service was so evident, we ordered the Bread Basket from the menu and got a plate of brown and white bread!!!!! Food was reasonably ok but the whole atmosphere has changed so much, so Aperitif you need to take stock, there are a few more tapas bars inn town that would beat your socks off, shame as the old location was superb and you always got the sense that you were most welcome there. Get the last staff to train the new!!!!! so dissappointed

2  Thank Anne P
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I ate here as part of a group of ten girls here on a hen weekend. The bar is cosy and welcoming, and we were seated at the back of the restaurant which was quite quiet.

The staff were friendly and quickly took our drinks order for two bottles of wine and some water, but 20 minutes later the water had appeared, but no wine. Then we ordered our food and we reminded them about the wine. Then the waitress brought us over two glasses of wine, not a bottle. Not quite enough for ten girls! I got the impression that the waitress wasn't sure what was going on.

By the time they had brought us what we wanted to drink, the food had arrived. Which was delicious. The king prawns and scallops were excellent, and the duck salad was surprisingly good. We also had the mini fish and chips and the calamari. All looked fab.

We left after the food as we didn't want to wait another 40 minutes for a drink; I suspect that had the wine been flowing, we would have stayed. Bit of a shame, but there are plenty of other places to get a drink!

3  Thank Katy F
Reviewed 4 June 2014

For me thy made my trip, Polly Katie and Maria were so friendly and welcoming I spent four of my 6 evenings there. The food was the best I have eaten in Kinsale and the Shiraz was truly the best I have tasted. The bar is beautifully decorated and has a warm and cosy atmosphere