“Nice quiet spot close to the centre of Kinsale”
Review of Blindgate House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kinsale
Blindgate House
Ranked #5 of 52 Kinsale B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stayed there with my two youngest kids. Was made welcome, breakfast was excellent and the kids were made welcome. Its close enough to the centre to walk to and far away enough to be quiet enough at night. There is ample parking and its a great spot from which to explore the local area

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Blindgate House is a special experience and Maeve an excellent host. It's got a gorgeous country house feel, very comfortable ensuite bedrooms with a delicious breakfast menu including juices, yoghurt, fresh fruits, cheeses, cold meats, Irish soda bread followed by gorgeous cooked choices... try the french toast with maple syrup and bacon... all beautifully presented. It's in a great location, just a short stroll to the heart of Kinsale. There is plenty of parking on site. The IFDA World Disabled Sailing Competition was taking place in Kinsale and an entire disabled sailing team were staying at Blindgate House...so there is superb disabled access here too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Fiona B
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I recently spent a weekend staying in this lovely B&B. It was my first trip to Ireland and I was very impressed. The standard of the B&B was great, very modern, clean yet charming rooms. I travelled with a friend of mine and we shared a big comfortable room (two big twin beds). The service by the owner and the other ladies working there was great; upon arrival a very warm welcome and help throughout our stay with tips and directions. Our room had wifi and breakfast was included. The breakfast was amazing, very fresh and the omelette and French toast to die for. I will definitively stay there again when I come back to Kinsale and will recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ulrika R
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I've just returned from a weekend here and found everything to be excellent. I was attending a friends wedding and had never been to this area.
The house is a five minute stroll from the heart of Kinsale. The room was spacious and impeccably clean, it also had really lovely crisp white bed linen and proper pillows in a comfy bed (not always easy to find in a B and B!)
I'm glad I hadn't read the recent terrible review written as I might not have tried, not sure what happened but I think they stayed at a different place. I found the owner Maive to be extremely helpful and accommodating. She went out of her way to find me a place to get my nails done (I hadn't booked and decided as last minute treat before a wedding) as well as booking cabs and restaurants for us.
The full Irish breakfast was incredibly good as was the omelette (Maive even shared her secret to the perfect omelette). Overall very very good and i would definitely recommend/ return.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Golden31
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Just returned from a weekend in Kinsale with some friends. We stayed at Blindgate House which was absolutely superb.
The guesthouse is very tastefully decorated and has a clean, modern feel to it while still feeling "warm and welcoming". The bedrooms were nice and spacious and the beds super comfortable. Location is great too - 5 min walk in to town.

We all LOVED the breakfast - by far the best omlette I've ever tasted, excellent Irish soda bread, lots of fresh fruit etc. The service was very efficient and prompt.

Not quite sure why the person who wrote a negative review did so. We found the owner to be quite the opposite. She was so kind too as to collect us from a hair appointment in the village as it was raining and we were on our way to a wedding.

We all agreed that we will definitely be returning here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The Hospitality was very poor by the owner. SHOCKING INFACT..Told the owner what time we would be arriving pm before and got numerous phonecalls still asking the same question following day. we arrived very close to expected arrival time. when we seen owner, she never greeted us by saying hi how are you all today, instead was very abrupt with us.found owner very cold and unfriendly. Weren't even greeted at breakfast and got POINTED to where we had to sit, not even good morning, how are you?!!!got plates taken away before some people had not even finished. VERY rude in general.owner seems on edge and even heard other guests arguing with her... Won't be staying here in future. which is a shame because it would have been nice to return to same location for the future!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
7  Thank Travel-2013-trips
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My family stayed here for four nights in July. Clean, modern, and comfortable. Owner/operator is as helpful as possible. It's on a steep hill but my 80 yr old mom did it at least twice a day for 4 days so it can't be that steep (or maybe mom should be in the next Olympics). WiFi in the room would be nice but I didn't go to Ireland to surf the Internet.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family