“Reading while lunching”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: The Reading Cafe and Book Exchange
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This has become one of my new haunts for coffee and lunch when I go to Kinsale. The atmosphere is relaxing, as it is also a book shop where you can buy second had books or do a book swap which is terrific. It has lovely bright interior,so even on a dull day you can sit by the big bay window and watch the world go by. It is run by a young couple who are friendly and laid back. They do the best cafe mocha I have ever had. The freshly made sandwiches are so tasty, and they also do great toasted sandwiches and soups. Very good value. So if you are going Kinsale way it is worth a visit.

Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

I've been here a few times in the past when popping into kinsale. Their cakes are light and decadent. They have used books that you browse and buy at great used book prices. She also has a deal where you can swap books. I have yet to ask her about this so I would suggest speaking to the owner before arriving with a sack of used books! Would highly recommend this cafe for a small bite and cuppa.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Well worth a visit. Very friendly. Nice food. Very relaxing. Good value for money. Nice coffee. A lovely place for spot of lunch after a walk around Kinsale and its environs.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was in Kinsale with two friends when we spotted the Poets Corner Cafe. We were drawn by the nice exterior and when we went in, weren't disappointed! Nice decor and atmosphere. Great range of hot drinks, cakes and light meals. I ordered the spicy vegetable soup, which was delicious! My friends had carrot cake and chocolate cake and they were really tasty too. Excellent service. When I went to pay the guy at the counter asked how I found the soup and he seemed genuinely interested in giving customers and good experience. Quirky the way you can buy, read, or swap books! If I had longer in Kinsale I would have happily spent hours here! Well worth a visit. Very reasonable prices.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I tried their toasted special. I wanted an orange juice but settled for an over priced cranberry juice. It took almost an hour for it to appear on my plate. The sandwich itself sums up the cafe. It had the potential to be a classic, but the thick slices of quality bread disguised a lack lustre filling. The cafe certainly has a relaxing atmosphere, free wifi, and a large selection of books. The staff are friendly. It was half full when I stopped in and I'm sure they must have forgotten about my food. They probably should stick to hot drinks, maybe some smoothies, and if some one wants a sandwich they should offer something pre-made from any of the top class local suppliers. If your hank marvin then your as well off investing in a bag of chip from Dinos on the docks.