“Want good pastries while in Kinsale, Ireland?”
Review of Janey Mac - CLOSED

Janey Mac
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: A small cafe in an old building on Main Street, baking fresh on site every morning. Specialising in scones and cakes with gluten free cake options every day. Finalist in "Goodall's" Best Scone in Ireland competition 2014
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The scones, the jams, the lemon drizzle cake, the peppermint tea were great. The owner is the baker and she has a very friendly personality. Went there two days in a row.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Situated in Main Street, Kinsale this sweet cute coffee shop is world famous for it's bakes, particularly it's scones.

Such a lovely spot for a stop off " far from the madding crowd"......the staff are welcoming & pleasant; the atmosphere is totally relaxing; the home baking is out of this world; browsing & staying around is encouraged by the large table of magazines & various other publications......

Yes, Kinsale at it's best, in Janey Macs.......

See ya there.....

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was in Kinsale for a few days with my husband, we stumbled upon Janey Macs on our first day. We ended up going back every morning for gorgeous coffee & a treat. I loved their lemon drizzle cake & my husband is still talking about the sausage rolls!

I loved the atmosphere in Janey Macs & will definitely be paying them a visit on my next trip to Kinsale.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Janey Mac Cafe is a really cute little cafe in Kinsale. It's shabby chic interior along with it's friendly staff is all very welcoming. It serves some of the yummiest cakes (some gluten free options which is Fab) and scones that you will taste anywhere. But the yummiest of all for me were the sausage and black pudding rolls and because they were so good I ordered more and brought a bag of them back to Dublin where they were equally enjoyed by friends and family. I would highly recommend this cafe to anybody visiting Kinsale as it's friendly chilled out atmosphere guarantees you a very enjoyable time even if it is only for a cup of coffee - you come out of there with a smile on your face. The bonus for me is that Janey Mac my favourite Kinsale Cafe is right beside my Favourite Kinsale Italian Restaurant Bruno's. So if you are looking for the cutest little cafe in Kinsale and looking to treat yourself then Janey Macs is where you need to go. Everybody needs a Janey Mac hour in their day.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

It is a great pleasure to visit Janey Mac's in Kinsale and that is precisely what it is each and every time a great pleasure.

The food is always delicious and full of flavor. The cakes even though I know a lot of them are gluten free there are definitely not calorie free but you can't have everything :)

Their coffee is the best in town and there is always a warm welcome awaiting you. Savour the experience and I dare you not to return again and again.