“What a Find!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We nearly passed Bruno's by; I'm so, so glad we turned round and came back - what a fantastic find in Kinsale. First of all, we arrived without a booking and were told we would have to wait 10-15 minutes for a table - no problem. They sat us in a back room, brought us water, olives, menus, and even brought the board of 'specials' in for us to look at. We were reassured several times that we hadn't been forgotten, and when we were shown to our table, the service was very quick and efficient.

The pizza was one of the best pizzas I have ever had - absolutely delicious. I had a salami and maple syrup pizza - sounds gross, but there was just a hint of sweetness from the maple syrup to offset the saltiness of the salami - perfection. The pizza oven has apparently been imported from Naples - hence the quality of the pizza itself. My husband had a seafood risotto which was top quality with an extremely generous quantity and variety of seafood.

So sad I didn't have room for dessert, as it would have been great to have stayed longer to enjoy the quirky décor and charming ambience. This is not a smart or posh place, but if you are looking for somewhere with a relaxed atmosphere with top-class food, then this is for you.

1  Thank LJaneUK

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere and food, try the specials you'll be impressed. Lovely summer evening in Kinsale. Thanks Bruno"s.
Aidan McCarthy

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Popped into Brunos by chance, friendly staff, nice decor, we had just the plain pizza,& was blown away by the quality & flavour. Desert fresh strawberries & icecream, followed by the nicest cup of coffee. A must if in kinsale.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife and I were looking for a different place originally (which had closed) and this pizza place looked interesting when we stuck our heads in. The ambience was good ... good vibe. The space is just very interesting and the hosts were affable. Food was good and was nice to get something different than pub fare. We'd go back.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Trying to escape the pub grub culture, we were told Bruno's had delicious pizza by our B&B owner and indeed found this to be true! The atmosphere is relaxed with a vintage/hip vibe in a quaint building that is bigger than it appears from the street. I enjoyed their pepperoni (chorizo) pizza and my hubby got their pear, walnut, and Gorgonzola combo. We both foolishly thought we'd have leftovers but couldn't stop ourselves and finished every delicious morsel. Along with a glass of wine with our meal, this was a great place to unwind after driving from Dublin (and learning how to keep left on the roads!)