“Great Meal”

The Black Pig Winebar
Ranked #3 of 72 Restaurants in Kinsale
Cuisines: Irish, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: McKennas' Guides Top 100 Restaurants in Ireland 2017; Georgina Campbell Best Wine Award Ireland 2014; Restaurant Association Awards Best Wine Experience Munster 2015 & Cork 2014. Set in an 18th century coach house with a cobble stoned back garden under the stars.Over 200 wines by the bottle, with over 100 by the glass and a wide selection of organic, biodynamic & natural wine. Serving the best in locally sourced artisan food.
Rockford, Illinois
“Great Meal”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Just finished a great meal and enjoyable evening at the Black Pig. Wonderful wine selection. Relaxing-ate at the bar and had a chance to speak with the owners. Food was tops! Wonderful beef cheeks ans salas and cheeses plate! Highly recommend.

• Visited November 2013

Dublin
“Warm Relaxed Atmosphere”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

All the positive reviews on Tripadvisor put me ill at ease a little: I thought it must be some kind of a tourist trap or something. Despite my fears, I booked a table and tried it out.

We arrived early but got a warm welcome and were shown to our very comfortable table. I was very rude to my dining companion, because I couldn't help leafing through the beautiful selection of culinary themed books on display.

I started off with a port and tonic. The sherry selection also went down very well. It's not often I'm genuinely excited by a wine list, but my visit to the Black Pig was one such occasion.

We ate risotto and beef cheek, both of which were good. The relaxed atmosphere and friendly service made this a very enjoyable experience.

San Diego, California
“A "Little Gem"”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I had read on Trip Advisor what a good restaurant this was when visiting Kinsale so we decided to try it. Unfortunately, we had been traveling all day so we didn't have a chance to make a reservation, so when we walked in, we were unable to eat there that night. The owner who greeted us was very nice and gave us a couple of other nearby restaurants that we could try. One of patrons who was eating there told us we should make a reservation for the next night because her meal of scallops and risotto was the best she had ever eaten, and she said I should come back and try it! With that rave review in mind, we made an early reservation for the next evening. I tried the scallops as was recommended, and it was indeed delicious. The owner, once again, came over and visited with us and was absolutely charming. She even gave us a couple of recommendations of places in Dublin where my husband could get a delicious steak. Unfortunately, my husband's meal was not as good as mine. He ordered ham, and the slices were extremely thin and his dinner did not include any other side dishes so his meal was not very satisfying. The atmosphere in this intimate wine bar is cozy and charming. If you like good wine and you are willing to have limited selections in a warm, friendly atmosphere, this is a great restaurant! Like most restaurants in a fishing village, make sure you order one of the seafood entrees!

Visited October 2013
Rockville, MD
“Nice wine bar”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Wee sat at the bar and enjoyed sparkling through port. We had some light snacks, the Marconi almonds and the antipasta platter. A light meal with wines. perfect. this is a small place, come early if you do not have a reservation.

San Francisco, California
“California Dreaming”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Was not expecting much from a Wine Bar in Kinsale but what a surprice. First, a great selection of wines by the glass from around the globe. Next, a very knowledgeable staff to discuss the choices and great sesnitivity as to when the bottle had been opened. They offer a new pour if the wine has oxidized at all. Finally the cold food plates offer many choices with the best iberian ham possible and with two daily hot dishes this wine bar meets all your needs.