“Great atmosphere”

The Black Pig Winebar
Ranked #3 of 75 Restaurants in Kinsale
Cuisines: Irish, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: McKennas' Guides Top 100 Restaurants in Ireland 2017; Georgina Campbell Best Wine Award Ireland 2014; Restaurant Association Awards Best Wine Experience Munster 2015 & Cork 2014. Set in an 18th century coach house with a cobble stoned back garden under the stars.Over 200 wines by the bottle, with over 100 by the glass and a wide selection of organic, biodynamic & natural wine. Serving the best in locally sourced artisan food.
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The evening beggins and it's time for a glass of wine and a bite, I heard this is the place to go to...
Not disappointed, my friend and me tried different wines by the glass (good recommandations from the staff, they even offered us to try a couple to help the decision) sitting at the bar chatting away with a lovely and friendly staff. The food around us was irresistible so we tried the beef carpaccio... delicious ! The patio at the back must be great in summer !
Would definitly go back next trip down to Kinsale !

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We had a dinner reservation for later and were looking for somewhere warm and comfortable to have a drink. The Black Pig filled both needs and some. A lovley open fire, many, many good wines and friendly knowledgeable staff. We even got free cheese to go with our wine. We wished we had longer in Kinsale as we would have loved to go back and have a meal there. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Sadly I've spent most of the summer away from Kinsale so I've missed most of a season of this little gem. A wine list which is thankfully free of the usual suspects and full of some interesting and good value choices.
The food is well done, full of local suppliers best produce and tasty. Although the trend these days is local, bringing is one of the finest iberico is a welcome import. For me at the end of a week or on a Sunday night (sadly not in November for Sundays) it's a cool place to chill with a cracking glass of wine and some tasty bites

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Just finished a great meal and enjoyable evening at the Black Pig. Wonderful wine selection. Relaxing-ate at the bar and had a chance to speak with the owners. Food was tops! Wonderful beef cheeks ans salas and cheeses plate! Highly recommend.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

All the positive reviews on Tripadvisor put me ill at ease a little: I thought it must be some kind of a tourist trap or something. Despite my fears, I booked a table and tried it out.

We arrived early but got a warm welcome and were shown to our very comfortable table. I was very rude to my dining companion, because I couldn't help leafing through the beautiful selection of culinary themed books on display.

I started off with a port and tonic. The sherry selection also went down very well. It's not often I'm genuinely excited by a wine list, but my visit to the Black Pig was one such occasion.

We ate risotto and beef cheek, both of which were good. The relaxed atmosphere and friendly service made this a very enjoyable experience.