“Wonderful Discovery”

The Black Pig Winebar
Ranked #3 of 73 Restaurants in Kinsale
Cuisines: Irish, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: McKennas' Guides Top 100 Restaurants in Ireland 2017; Georgina Campbell Best Wine Award Ireland 2014; Restaurant Association Awards Best Wine Experience Munster 2015 & Cork 2014. Set in an 18th century coach house with a cobble stoned back garden under the stars.Over 200 wines by the bottle, with over 100 by the glass and a wide selection of organic, biodynamic & natural wine. Serving the best in locally sourced artisan food.
Tralee, Ireland
“Wonderful Discovery”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I ate here last week and we would have to say that we were so glad that we had. The food was exceptional. We choose a number of platters as that seems to be their thing. I was particularly fond of the cheese platter. You can tell that they really choose their ingredients carefully and are passionate about what they do. They have an extensive wine list and although I am teetotal my husband did enjoy his choice of wine. It is in a beautiful setting near a cliff wall and their use of the outdoor space was lovely. We can't recommend this place highly enough.

Dublin, Ireland
“The Black Pig expericence!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great atmosphere and setting, really friendly staff and absolutely delicious wine and food. The chorizo risotto special was incredible! Would highly recommend going here. We went out of our way to go on a recommendation from someone and we were not disappointed.

Texas
“Irish hospitality, heavenly wines, and great food!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We appeared on a drizzly evening without a reservation and were met with a gracious welcome and sincere sympathy that no tables were available. Our West Texas family of 6 were drawn to the empty patio, where a table for six sheltered by a vast umbrella was beaconing us. The locals could not relate to our desire to settle into the wet conditions, but the desert life does strange things to people. For the next 3 hours we were catered to, as the owners themselves and a very gracious server named Jill continuously brought us sumptuous plate after plate of perfectly prepared starters & main courses that we oohed and aahed as we shared. The wine list was extensive....to say the very least! Oh, my! Around 40-50 wines available by the glass! Need I say more? If I could repeat one night in Ireland....this would be it!

Dubai, UAE
“Spanish Tapa's in a place the Armada couldn't reach”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

A good friend who visits from the UK recently on business knows his wine. As a "local" I had not been to this fab place, but had seen the reviews and heard about it, we had a couple of pre-pints and headed over. What a great place. If you could bottle the atmos and sell it you'd make a fortune.

Pro's

- Atmosphere - relaxed, great lighting, comfortable and like minded people
- wine list...we both travel widely and really appreciate a good selection. Our waiter listened and suggested some cheaper options than those we were looking at, they worked extremely well.
- the food was very good....you'd have to be in some top spanish Tapa's locations to beat the quality
- service, at last.... the staff look up all the time, friendly and responsive, knowledgeable and just plain nice

Con's

For the first time in a review I can't think of one, and I'm certainly not going to make one up

Will be back

• Visited February 2014
“High Quality Tapas”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went to the restaurant two times. If you enjoy tapas I think this is the best restaurant in Kinsale. They have a fantastic wine list and the menu items are very top quality. The service was outstanding as well. The salami plate was outstanding as was the beef carpaccio. They have a backyard courtyard if the weather is nice. Reservations are mandatory as this place is extremely popular with locals. If you like to taste lots of different food and share it with others you will have a great time here.

Visited May 2014