“Make you visit The Black Pig while n Kinsale”

The Black Pig Winebar
Ranked #3 of 73 Restaurants in Kinsale
Cuisines: Irish, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: McKennas' Guides Top 100 Restaurants in Ireland 2017; Georgina Campbell Best Wine Award Ireland 2014; Restaurant Association Awards Best Wine Experience Munster 2015 & Cork 2014. Set in an 18th century coach house with a cobble stoned back garden under the stars.Over 200 wines by the bottle, with over 100 by the glass and a wide selection of organic, biodynamic & natural wine. Serving the best in locally sourced artisan food.
Florida
“Make you visit The Black Pig while n Kinsale”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had a wonderful meal at the Black Pig! There was a nice variety of wine and we were pleased to find a glass at a reasonable price. The cheese plate was delicious and our Dingle crab/ricotta ravioli was incredible-a meal we won't forget. The back patio area is beautiful with lights, candles, flowers, etc. Inside was cozy and inviting. Would recommend reservations.

1 Thank HB_and_CE

“Best meal i have had this year!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We ate here early in the evening and sat at the bar to eat. I cant speak highly enough about this place but to say that it is hands down one of the best places to eat in the country.

The quality of the food and ingredients on offer together with the portions are incredibly fair when judged against the prices.

We had pate, oysters, mushrooms (really good and our favourite) and the one of the platters. I could not fault one part of anything we ate - all excellent.

We will be back the next time we are in cork!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Michael O
Manhattan Beach, California
“Small Plates Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

If you feel like a lighter meal in Kinsale, try the Black Pig. Located in an old house a bit up the hill...the menu is diverse and delicious! We had alot of fun sampling the different dishes offered. All were wonderful and were reordered a few times! Great place for a nice casual interesting dinner!

1 Thank KweenKayo
Dublin, Ireland
“Style over substance”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We visited here twice based on the irishtimes review I had read just before we visited. I love wine and have gone on a few vineyard holidays and whilst the staff were friendly I must say this place for me was definitely style over substance. We ordered 6 different types of wine during our visits and I could only say one of them was memorable. I'm not sure if this is because we ordered by the glass and the bottle had been open for a while or they were simply average wines you'd see served as table wine in other places. We were also a little disappointed with the number of wines that were 'out of stock' from the menu. I cant understand how the place only has one toilet as well. For a place this size, more are needed. This place is the place to be seen in Kinsale but if you prefer better wine in a less glamourous setting then I would suggest going to one of the many small bars/ restaurants near by.

4 Thank julieannepren
Tralee, Ireland
“Wonderful Discovery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I ate here last week and we would have to say that we were so glad that we had. The food was exceptional. We choose a number of platters as that seems to be their thing. I was particularly fond of the cheese platter. You can tell that they really choose their ingredients carefully and are passionate about what they do. They have an extensive wine list and although I am teetotal my husband did enjoy his choice of wine. It is in a beautiful setting near a cliff wall and their use of the outdoor space was lovely. We can't recommend this place highly enough.

• Visited June 2014