“A teriffic B&B in a neat town”
Review of The Olde Bakery

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kinsale
The Olde Bakery
Ranked #11 of 53 Kinsale B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The Olde Bakery is located about a five minute walk from the center of town. Our double room was at street level, just inside the front door. The room was small but roomy enough to open two suitcases. The bath was also small, but immaculately clean. The shower was a little challenging, but once we figured out how to use it, we got plenty of hot water. There was a shower curtain that didn't do much to prevent water from spraying onto the floor. Overall, this was a very good B&B with a friendly, homey feel.
Breakfast was a feast in the cluttered but charming kitchen of The Olde Bakery. Massive quantities and varieties of food: fruits, cheeses, meats, breads cereals, eggs, sausages, tomatoes, muffins, juices coffee, tea and more prepared and presented by our wonderful hosts Tom and Chrissie Quigley. We ate at a long table with other guests and had a view of a garden wall outside the large kitchen window.
This is a terrific place to stay and I recommend it without hesitation.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Kinsale was a highlight thanks to this wonderful little B&B! Chrissy is a hoot and Tom whips up some mean scrambled eggs. The room was beautiful and company superb. Would definitely recommend Kinsale and recommend The Olde Bakery!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed here I September, 2013. There is absolutely nothing bad to say about this place.

The location is perfect, being situated right in the middle of the city, and is easy walking distance from anything.

The room was very clean and comfortable. Our room was pretty large, especially by European standards. We had a comfortable bed. It was a king size bed, but like many in Europe, it is really 2 twin beds together, so two people sleep together, but in reality, you each have your own twin bed unless you want to lay on the seam. We ran into this at other B&Bs, so it isn't anything that is really out of the ordinary for Europe. There is a large sitting room that anyone is welcome to use, so if you want to stretch out, you can.

Breakfast was extraordinary. What a spread! If there was something you wanted for breakfast, it was probably there. It is served family style instead of at different tables. Family style is really the way we like it. You meet some fascinating people from other cultures, and you really broaden the cultural experience of your trip that way. We met some really interesting folks from Australia and Wales.

But the best part of the whole trip was Tom and Chrissey! What a great couple! Tom was as friendly as could be, and very very understanding about our Late arrival. It probably inconvenienced them, but he said it was no big deal. What can I say about Chrissey? She is perhaps the most delightful person that I have ever met. You just want to hug her. My wife and I adopted her as our honorary aunt.

By all means, stay here!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here at Easter this year, visiting for a family event and 4 of us stayed with Tom and Chrissy at the Olde Bakery.

I didn't really know what to expect but very soon after meeting Tom and Chrissy I knew I was going to be a laugh and we'd be we'll cared for. It was like staying with family from the off; anything we asked about was sorted and it was all done with a smile and a hug.

The rooms are adequate; I don't stay in many B&Bs; the decor isn't my thing but it was clean and warm and being in Kinsale, I spent most of my time in one of several pubs anyway.

The best thing for that Guinness hangover is a hearty breakfast and I'm drooling while I write this because it was absolutely awesome; I travel a lot for work and stay in lots of hotels and it was easily one of the best spreads I've seen. The fry up; spec (wait for it..) tacular!!

I can't recommend this place highly enough. You feel part of the fabric very quickly and the welcome is second to none. Regardless of my comments above there is nothing negative about the place at all; just details. I travel for the experience and meeting new people so the rest is not something I worry about when everything else is so good. The location is great too so what more could you ask for?

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 25 August 2013

On our trip through Ireland we had unfortunately only one night at "The Olde Bakery". So close to every attraction and the harbour, the touristic city but quiet and comfortable quiet inside. We had a warm welcome, pretty rooms and such a great breakfast with every delicious thing you may imagine. Fruits, cheeses, and, and .....The lovely small garden was done with so many ideas. Tom and Chrissy gave us every help we needed. It would be worth to stay longer. We hope to come back soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

We loved eating breakfast in the kitchen with the hosts and other guests. We were all gathered around the table talking and the fresh hot scones were the best yet. The room is a little small but so are most european rooms. It was confortable, clean, good WiFi access and plugs. The bathroom was OK. We were quoted €80 for the night, but only charged €75. Who does that? Nice talking with the owners, good people, great locstion and thank god for the parking space.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank LaVidaBuono
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Tom and Chrissy have a wonderful B&B in Kinsale. You feel as if you are home when you are there. Breakfast is cooked right in their kitchen as you sit around the kitchen table. They take the time to have conversations and get to know their guests. The location is perfection for walking and sightseeing in Kinsale. A must stay while anyone visits Kinsale.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends