“Lamb chops-YUM!”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014

What a lovely setting and nicely decorated restaurant. The proprietors could not have been nicer about accommodating our large (13) group - reservation made. I started with the stuffed mushrooms which were excellent - filled with seasoned chopped mushrooms and very little breadcrumbs, perfect! I had he lamb chops, well-seasoned and good quality meat. Tasted the mussels, great. We shared desserts, my favorite was the meringue, crunchy but not dried it. All in all a lovely evening and worth a stop if you are staying in Kinsale.

There are newer reviews for Man Friday

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Had one of the best meals ever here Thai monkfish for main, It was unreal. Was about a year ago, all I can remembered is I loved everything I tried on the menu. Really fresh and tasty food.

1  Thank Phil D
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Its not hard but not every restaurant can do it. Just take really good fresh food cook it just a enough and don't drown it in sauce. Man Friday's in Kinsale Ireland can do just that. Great staff, great food and great brown bread.

Thank you all I will be back.

C

1  Thank Dublinboy911
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We recently dined as a group of 6 to celebrate a birthday. We have been before and have always been extremely happy with the food and service. This occasion was no different.
We availed of the Early Bird special, which included 3 courses for 28 euros/pp.
The menu options were broad and suited us, we were all very happy with our meals.
The restaurant was very busy as it was a Saturday evening, there was not 1 free seat in the house.
We had brought a birthday cake (you need to bring the receipt from where you bought it for food safety reasons and cannot bring a home cooked cake to serve), and 4 waitresses arrived at the table after the meal singing happy birthday. It was a great effect, and lots of fun. There was no charge for serving the cake.
The views from the restaurant are fabulous. Its got a cosy feel, and the staff are professionals.
I'd highly recommend this restaurant and am already looking forward to my next visit.

1  Thank fionab555
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Having eaten both lunch and dinner here recently I would recommend this restaurant as a family place to eat. There is something for everyone and the price is good too.

1  Thank MartD74