“Excellent Meal”
Review of The White House

The White House
Ranked #8 of 75 Restaurants in Kinsale
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2014

After picking out the White House from many other places in Kinsale we enjoyed a lovely meal. Huge bowl of Mussels for me and Lamb Stew for the OH. Side of home cut chips rounded it off. Oh and excellent local beer too

1  Thank Beduffshirl
There are newer reviews for The White House

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We tried another Hotel when we were in Kinsale,but I have to say,The white house was by far the best.Service was terrific.plus the fact it was very reasonable

1  Thank Doreen L
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We went into this place which was recommended to us by the B&B where we stayed.

My wife had Beef Stir Fry and I had "traditional fish and chips".

The beef stir-fry was a gloopy mass of stringy beef which was just awful. The stir-fry sauce (sludge) was like lumpy gravy and pickled with salt.

The fish-n-chips were not great. The chips (French fries) were soggy and oily and the potatoes were had not been peeled, soggy chips with the potato skins on ugh!

Not a nice place - Give it a miss.

1  Thank Ger and Clare M
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was a very cute restaurant in the heart of town. Can't miss it! We had eaten just a few hours prior so we didn't want anything that heavy or filling. The seafood chowder was to die for!!! So creamy with chunks of fish, clams, shrimp...I could go on. So good. But do yourself a favor and order a Murphy's with ice cream. That is the best beer float I've ever tasted! It also made the wait staff come out and see what sin we committing to their beer! Hahaha. It was great.

1  Thank crazywish
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped in without a reservation and were seated quickly at about 7pm on a Tuesday. I had cod special and my wife had the Guinness beef stew. Both were ample portions and very well prepared. Veggie sides and dessert also very good. Server was pleasant and helpful. Prices were moderate, about €80 for two of us, with starters, drinks and desserts. We would go back again.

The only downside was the "local music". The group was disorganized and not very well prepared, and there were regular interruptions from one over served bar patron.

But that may have just been a bad night to go. We would definitely return for dinner.