“Rude Owners”

St Marys Bed and Breakfast
Galway, Ireland
“Rude Owners”
Reviewed 10 October 2011

This B&B was fine on arrival, the rooms were nice enough. The tea bags in the room were disgusting! I couldnt even drink my cup of tea.
When I went up for breakast in the morning the lady who runs the B&B refused to let the 5 of us sit together even though there was lots of room to put up an extra chair. When I asked, she TOLD us to sit at 2 different tables "just do 3 and 2". There were 2 other guests siiting at the 3rd table so we had to sit across the room from each other. She then proceeded to tell us we would have to wait for breakfast as she wasnt ready for us yet. In total, we waited a good half hour. The breakfast was then inedible, strange for me as I usually enjoy a cooked breakfast.. the only thing I could manage to eat was toast and the pudding. The rashers and sausages were poor quality produce. The lady was serving the food in her socks which was rather off-putting!
When checking out, my sister.. who told them the day before that her boyfriend would not be staying was charged for him anyway. An extra 30 euro for someone who didnt need a bed, or breakfast! This was the last straw for me.
Definately will NOT be staying here again, the owners are blatently rude and unfriendly and Im possitive there must be other B&Bs in the area that would apprecitate customers instead of putting a dampener on their night away.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank L C

Nottingham, UK
Reviewed 24 August 2009

I had an enjoyable stay at St Mary's B&B which is situated just a couple of minutes walk from the centre of Carrick on Shannon. The room was comfortable (en suite) and the breakfast was very good. I can highly recommend this B&B which felt relaxed, is very well located and at about half the price of the local hotels. You can find more info. at www.stmarysbandb.com.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank Robin64
Travellers also viewed these Carrick-on-Shannon hotels
Bush Hotel
#6 of 22 in Carrick-on-Shannon
Leitrim Inn Lodge
Leitrim Inn Lodge
#15 of 22 in Carrick-on-Shannon

Been to St Marys Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about St Marys Bed and Breakfast

Property: St Marys Bed and Breakfast
Address: 12 Saint Mary's Close, Carrick-on-Shannon, Ireland
Region: Ireland > Western Ireland > Province of Connacht > County Leitrim > Carrick-on-Shannon
Ranked #16 of 22 B&Bs / Inns in Carrick-on-Shannon
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your St Marys Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.