“Birthday Party”
Review of Bush Hotel

Bush Hotel
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We chose the Bush Hotel for my fathers 60th Birthday party last weekend. We had a party of 21 and the staff at the hotel were great. The food was lovely and the service was fantastic. A good night was had by all. I would recommend the hotel for family get togethers and parties

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ciara M

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I stayed for a weekend in October. The service and location was great, it was right in the middle of the town. I went down to see a few old friends from school and they told me to stay here.
The room was really spacious and warm. I had a great sleep and there was no noise that disrupted my sleep either.
The breakfast was brilliant there was loads of variety. The service on the hotel during my stay was great too everyone there went out of there way to make my stay really good.
There was also loads to see in the town of carrick-on-Shannon. When I get a chance again and some I am definitely going to stay there again.
Really enjoyed
Thanks to all the staff at The Bush Hotel

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank DavidSmall94
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel last weekend and I was shocked at how bad the room was. I & 2 others shared a triple room (no. 51). There was damp on the walls and roof, the bases for the beds were dirty and broken which led to a terrible nights sleep. The bathroom was disgracefully dirty with a shower which had you dancing around trying to catch the few drops which fell out of it. There was a doorway in the room which sparked curiosity. When we opened it there was a stairs which led to a plasterboard wall. I dread to think what was behind it!!
Ours was not the only room which was substandard. Other members of our party also had major complaints.
Words cannot describe how this hotel can get away with the standard of room we were given. This hotel needs to take a serious look at itself. I for one will never stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
5  Thank Jason C
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

But...it falls down on a few things...first off, booking was easy, checking in was easy...but d lift didn't work, the bar doesn't open this time of year!!!! Poor menu choice...tv only had 2 stations..breakfast was poor..Oj was awful, cooked breakfast overdone...I think I'll try somewhere else next time

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Carraiglodge
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I was in Carrick for my brothers stag party. The hotel is nice, clean and modern enough. Decent bar and the Wifi was alright depending on what room you had. Its a "Stag and Hen friendly" hotel so they are well use to people falling in the door drunk in the wee hours. Only stayed the one night but it suited our needs perfectly.
Breakfast was decent too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gavin S
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed two nights. Room, staff were just what we were hoping for as simple Irish Americans there to find ancestors. Room was clean and well appointed. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We were loaned a telephone book for the day to help my wife find names and locales for her late grandmother's family, and given much advice regarding the surrounding countryside.
Breakfast was served by polite waitstaff and was ample. My wife preferred porridge while I overdid it with "traditional" breakfasts.

Our only complaint was that a group of very loud, boisterous young men and women became our neighbors on our second night. The men yelled, the women cried, and they banged on the doors and walls for a while. Then they settled down, only to start up again in the very early morning.
Yes, we we're upset, but in fairness to the staff we didn't complain when we checked out. Our fault. We were in a hurry to drive to Cobh and see/learn more about our family.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

i am just back from a hen wend in the bush hotel, from the minute we walked in we were looked after by collette and all the staff, rooms were spotless, breakfast was great , and its in a perfect location, staff were extremely friendly, and helpfull, and we even got rounds of fabulous sandwhiches in the middle of our drinking session, i cannot praise the hotel enough & would definately reccommend it for a hen night, well done to the management & staff on a fantastic job:-)

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank shy3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrick-on-Shannon
Carrick Plaza Suites
Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club
Viewmount House
Viewmount House
#1 of 2 in Longford

Been to Bush Hotel? Share your experiences!