The Landmark Hotel
Carrick Plaza Suites by theKeyCollection(Carrick-on-Shannon)(Great Value!)
US$178
TripAdvisor
Ciuin House(Carrick-on-Shannon)
B-Side Hostel(Carrick-on-Shannon)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsboardwalk cafewedding venuethe riverlovely hotelwedding coordinatorduckfood was amazingreception areafunction roombreakfast roomtop classbreakfast was excellentfrom start to finishrelaxing stayresidents barhen nightfamily room
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Stayed 1 night on Wednesday 5th February. Lovely hotel with great decor......funky pictures of ducks everywhere. Very friendly staff....lovely wee girl on reception, bar staff were very good as was Teresa who served us a lovely breakfast
We had a lovely meal in the bar( I had the burger which was very tasty)
Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Slightly hard to get to sleep with the noise of traffic
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
LandmarkHotelCarrick, Director of Sales at The Landmark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Margaret

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a positive review of you recent stay with us at The Landmark Hotel.

We pride ourselves on providing excellent quality and service standards and we were delighted to learn that you enjoyed stay and that you found the staff to be attentive. Your compliments have been shared with the entire Landmark team. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed her on 25th Jan as part of a group of 18 to celebrate my brother's 40th birthday at a cost of €99 per person for 1 night. This covered 1 night B & B, 3 course evening meal, entry to night-club & complimentary cocktail in night-club.

The positives about this hotel are its lovely location, very helpful & friendly staff, beautifully presented breakfast and great party-organisers.

The negatives however, are more extensive -:
(a) the quality of the accommodation was very poor - the bedroom was quite small and overcrowded with heavy furniture, the bed sagged and squeaked; the carpets in the common areas were threadbare; the decor of ducks, ducks & more ducks in reception area was very off-putting and I generally felt that the place looked neglected.
(b) it was almost impossible to get served in the bar
(c) there was a terrible smell in the night-club and the toilets there were horrendus - what an insult to the paying public
(d) we had to leave the hotel to get into the night club, even though I'm sure there had to be an internal access and were told by the party organiser that we could bring our drinks with us but some were stopped when leaving the hotel and others were refused entry to the night-club with their drinks BUT THEN WHEN THEY CONFIRMED WE WERE RESIDENTS we were allowed bring our drinks in.
(e) the food was beautifully presented but was very bland.
(f) the hotel may have the facilites to have warranted a 4 star rating but the current quality is definitley not 4 star.

Please be aware that Carrick-on-Shannon is hen & stag central and this is obviously the market that this hotel caters to but I believe that if you are an independent traveller that this may not be your best option,

Room Tip: Room 114 was to front and side of hotel and was quite noisy as it was close to the road where entrance to night-club is
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AchillIslandMayo

Dear AchillIslandMayo,

Thank you most sincerely for taking the time to post such a comprehensive review of your recent stay at The Landmark Hotel. We truly appreciate all feedback both positive and constructive as it is only through customer feedback that we can improve our existing offering, so again many thanks for providing us with same.

Firstly, I would like to thank you for the kind words you had to say regarding the party you attended on night in questions, as you said when we spoke on the phone, the birthday boy really enjoyed the night and we are delighted by this fact, we take great pride is satisfying our guests.

We would like to apologise to you as we are aware that the décor of your room and the noise from the night club affected your stay with us a negative way. As previously discussed we would be happy to welcome back to the Hotel in the near future when we will ensure that your room is located away from the club entrance.

Again many thanks for your feedback and thank you also for taking my call, it was a pleasure to speak with you and please be assured that all of the issues you raised will be addressed by the appropriate manager.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stayed for one night, excellent quick check-in and out with Tricia, very friendly and answered all my many questions! Room small but very clean and lovely river view. Room very warm but easy to manage heating system and windows opened. Breakfast was wonderful also.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GerMar77

Dear GerMar77,

Thank you most sincerely for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at The Landmark Hotel. We are always happy to receive feedback and we were delighted to learn that you had such an enjoyable experience at The Landmark.

We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and feel that this is something that is reflected in our staff and your praises have been shared with the front desk. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Great location to see Leitrim. We had a room over looking the Shannon River. Enjoyed several delicious meals in the restaurant. The breakfast room is one of the prettiest we have seen. The
tourist office is near by and the bus from Dublin stops out front.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Smithfamily-12,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide The Landmark Hotel with a review. We are indeed very centrally located and the hotel makes an excellent base camp from which to explore Carrick-on-Shannon and the surrounding areas. We were very pleased to learn that you also enjoyed the food in our award winning Boardwalk Café. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed for one night on the 3rd of January, and it was just amazing! I made a request on booking with the receptionist after a long Christmas at work (I think her name was Trish) and straight away she told me she would take care of me, I didn't expect what I got I felt like a VIP! Gorgeous hotel, outstanding room, very impressive bar, lovely breakfast, the other two receptionists I dealt with on check in (blonde) and check out (brunette) were so pleasant as well, I'm so sorry I can't remember their names. I'm a hotel receptionist myself and I really think the whole thing was first class, I've recommended it to 3 of our own guests travelling up that way already! Would definitely stay again, but I think I'd have to do it for more than 1 night next time I think!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Laura,

Thank you most sincerely for your kind words and very positive review. We at The Landmark Hotel pride ourselves on providing top quality service to all guest and please be assured your praises have been pass onto our front desk team of Trish, Fiona and Rachel.

We are all so happy that you enjoyed your stay and thank you very much for recommending The Landmark Hotel to your hotel guests as a great place to stay. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kind Regards