“Best Food I Have Ever Tasted”
Review of Landmark Hotel

Landmark Hotel
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Went to the Landmark on Sunday last around 1.30 and the place was packed. We got a seat straight away and was served by a lovely waitress who took our orders immediately and gave the children some bread rolls whilst waiting. The food was delicious I had the Turkey and Ham and it came with some roasted veg and it was truly amazing. Could not believe the amount of people waiting to get a seat there was over 20 people waiting so keep up the good work chef and also the hotel was spotless and all members of staff were so friendly and welcoming will definetely be back!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank siobhan k

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Two small cups of coffee and a small bowl of fruit salad= €12.50 ..check the PRICES before ya order. Lesson learned, will NOT be stopping again. €6.50 for a fruit salad that was sitting in the fridge since at least breakfast the day before.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank clintgg
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My family lived in Cortober just over the bridge - sadly all gone now. But I visit Carrick three times a year and stay in the landmark each time. To me it is such a lovely place in which to stay. From the moment I check in, the kindness and warmth of the staff is exceptional. Their friendliness and good humour and willingness to give me their time means a lot to me. Time and time again they have gone out of their way in helping to make my stay so very enjoyable. The whole hotel is alive and buzzing - a really lovely atmosphere. As I am a single person and elderly the chat and gab and laughter all around me is lovely. I have a lovely dinner in the evening over looking the Shannon - beautiful food - with waiters who make time to explain the menu and come back time and time again to make sure all is well. The things I love about the Landmark are not just the lovely views, but to me it is the staff - each and every one of them make time to help and say hello no matter how busy they are especially Teresa. That is why I love coming back time and time again. Fred C.

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing the river Shannon - just sitting in your chair and looking out on the rive...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Fred C
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This is probably the best Hotel in Carrick-on-Shannon, but it does not have much competition. Therein lies the problem. It is complacent. Breakfast is excellent, staff are friendly, lovely location. But the rooms are dated and need some TLC. Also, I was on a business trip and needed Internet Access. The internet in the room was poor. There was a writing/work desk which had seen better days, but there was nowhere near the desk to pug in a laptop. Many hotels fall down when it comes to detali and simple practicalities like this. The corporate rate is expensive for what you get. I can get far far better value for better hotels for less than the Landark corporate rate. Is this just another sign of complacency and lack of competition. I'll go there again but it will be of necessity rather than of choice.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Stayed 1 night on Wednesday 5th February. Lovely hotel with great decor......funky pictures of ducks everywhere. Very friendly staff....lovely wee girl on reception, bar staff were very good as was Teresa who served us a lovely breakfast
We had a lovely meal in the bar( I had the burger which was very tasty)
Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Slightly hard to get to sleep with the noise of traffic
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
LandmarkHotelCarrick, Director of Sales at Landmark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Margaret

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a positive review of you recent stay with us at The Landmark Hotel.

We pride ourselves on providing excellent quality and service standards and we were delighted to learn that you enjoyed stay and that you found the staff to be attentive. Your compliments have been shared with the entire Landmark team. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed her on 25th Jan as part of a group of 18 to celebrate my brother's 40th birthday at a cost of €99 per person for 1 night. This covered 1 night B & B, 3 course evening meal, entry to night-club & complimentary cocktail in night-club.

The positives about this hotel are its lovely location, very helpful & friendly staff, beautifully presented breakfast and great party-organisers.

The negatives however, are more extensive -:
(a) the quality of the accommodation was very poor - the bedroom was quite small and overcrowded with heavy furniture, the bed sagged and squeaked; the carpets in the common areas were threadbare; the decor of ducks, ducks & more ducks in reception area was very off-putting and I generally felt that the place looked neglected.
(b) it was almost impossible to get served in the bar
(c) there was a terrible smell in the night-club and the toilets there were horrendus - what an insult to the paying public
(d) we had to leave the hotel to get into the night club, even though I'm sure there had to be an internal access and were told by the party organiser that we could bring our drinks with us but some were stopped when leaving the hotel and others were refused entry to the night-club with their drinks BUT THEN WHEN THEY CONFIRMED WE WERE RESIDENTS we were allowed bring our drinks in.
(e) the food was beautifully presented but was very bland.
(f) the hotel may have the facilites to have warranted a 4 star rating but the current quality is definitley not 4 star.

Please be aware that Carrick-on-Shannon is hen & stag central and this is obviously the market that this hotel caters to but I believe that if you are an independent traveller that this may not be your best option,

Room Tip: Room 114 was to front and side of hotel and was quite noisy as it was close to the road where entran...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AchillIslandMayo

Dear AchillIslandMayo,

Thank you most sincerely for taking the time to post such a comprehensive review of your recent stay at The Landmark Hotel. We truly appreciate all feedback both positive and constructive as it is only through customer feedback that we can improve our existing offering, so again many thanks for providing us with same.

Firstly, I would like to thank you for the kind words you had to say regarding the party you attended on night in questions, as you said when we spoke on the phone, the birthday boy really enjoyed the night and we are delighted by this fact, we take great pride is satisfying our guests.

We would like to apologise to you as we are aware that the décor of your room and the noise from the night club affected your stay with us a negative way. As previously discussed we would be happy to welcome back to the Hotel in the near future when we will ensure that your room is located away from the club entrance.

Again many thanks for your feedback and thank you also for taking my call, it was a pleasure to speak with you and please be assured that all of the issues you raised will be addressed by the appropriate manager.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stayed for one night, excellent quick check-in and out with Tricia, very friendly and answered all my many questions! Room small but very clean and lovely river view. Room very warm but easy to manage heating system and windows opened. Breakfast was wonderful also.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GerMar77

Dear GerMar77,

Thank you most sincerely for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at The Landmark Hotel. We are always happy to receive feedback and we were delighted to learn that you had such an enjoyable experience at The Landmark.

We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and feel that this is something that is reflected in our staff and your praises have been shared with the front desk. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Marketing Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrick-on-Shannon
Bush Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ballygawley
Abbey Hotel
Abbey Hotel
#1 of 3 in Roscommon

Been to Landmark Hotel? Share your experiences!