“Beside the banks of the majestic River Shannon!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carrick-on-Shannon
Cryan's Quay Side Hotel
“Beside the banks of the majestic River Shannon!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This family run hotel is both cosy and modern, good value for money too. A warm welcome greeted us upon arrival. Rooms are tastefully decorated and have all amenities, tea/coffee maker, superb toiletries etc. Beds are very comfortable! Breakfast was very good. A great stop off point to explore the village of Carrick-on-Shannon and boat on the Shannon. Some great boutique shops also on Quay front "the Boarwalk" shops....

Room Tip: If it's weekend ask for back rooms to avoid noise, although it was not too bad!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Roscommon, Ireland
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here recently as we were attending a wedding in The Landmark Hotel.
Rooms very comefortable.
Breakfast following morning, good choice of cereals, tesco every day value yoghurts served. Surely for the price we paid it should have been yoplait?! My breakfast plate arrived food looked lovely until I saw a very badly chipped plate. No chef should send that out to a customer.
Stayed around all day, carvery lunch very tasty. Until later whilst ordering a drink at the bar I saw the lady who was serving carvery pick up a dirty cloth with gloves on, proceeded to wash cloth out dry her hands with gloves on and handle the food again!
Shocked to say the least.
All in all, invest in new plates, gloves don't cost the earth!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I recently visited with my husband, baby daughter and in-laws. As the in-laws were paying we chose food off the early bird menu. I would normally choose off the Á la carte even if it is early (with a 17 month old we only ever go out early anymore) so i am willing to give Cryan's the benefit of the doubt that our poor quality food was down to the fact we were paying slightly less. However the food we did receive was less than a joke. My Peppered chicken breast was burnt brown and not wanting to complain i asked for more sauce only to find that the sauce also tasted burnt and had hardly any pepper in it. I Hardly touched mine and the staff noticed at the end of the meal and were good enough to not charge. However my husband ordered the curry and found it less than satisfactory. His comment was "It's slightly better than that curry with tin of fruit salad in it I got the hospital!!" My advice is that if your ordering anything here make it the roast beef (that the in-law's enjoyed) or anything that isn't supposed to have flavor. Or do what we are going to do and don't risk having a disappointing night by not going there ever again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Kim M
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Room 109 - the room was quiet, clean and well apportioned (almost directly above the bar/reception). The bed was comfortable and I slept well.

There is a small car park around the rear of the hotel with direct access into building. Internet access was provided but other than just checking emails, I didn't test drive it too much.

Food service stopped at 9pm, and although the menu was fairly short, what I had was freshly prepared, well presented and most tasty (fish and chips!)

Hot breakfast was cooked to order and delivered piping hot, there was a buffet of cereals and fruits - absolutely no complaints, but next time I will ask for extra bacon!

Checkout was smooth and efficient with a cheery smile.

Will definately have this place on my shortlist next time in Carrick-onShannon

Room Tip: You may wish to be on the 2nd floor if there is a function taking place
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Salford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I have stayed at Cryans on numerous occasions with my family the rooms staff and food is fantastic these people fall over themselves to help you I wouldn't,t stay any were else in that part of Ireland only Cryans. Thanks Paul quinn

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Lewes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We went here for a Sunday lunchtime meal and I have to say it was a great fulsome meal. It was the usual roast chicken, lamb & beef with all the trimmings followed by a banoffee pie. My only gripe was it was a bit of a free for all when it came to getting a table .... there wasn't any system. It was literally wait for someone to finish and grab the seat. You could always go the restaurant but that would mean you would have to book and this was a bit of a last minute thing. People have previously described this as a bustling hotel and I wouldn't disagree based on our Sunday lunchtime visit.

Room Tip: Book a table in the restaurant if you have time
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MarkButty
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed here overnight for wedding locally. Rooms were spotless, breakfast was good, staff was friendly, location perfect. I would prefer it than big hotel. Would go back if i was up that direction again.

• Stayed October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrick-on-Shannon
Carrick Plaza Suites
#1 of 1 in Drumshanbo
Aisleigh Guest House
Aisleigh Guest House
#4 of 21 in Carrick-on-Shannon

Been to Cryan's Quay Side Hotel? Share your experiences!