Cryan's Quay Side Hotel
Carrick Plaza Suites by theKeyCollection(Carrick-on-Shannon)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$163
US$158
The Landmark Hotel(Carrick-on-Shannon)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewslovely hotelsteak sandwichexceptional qualitygreat view and locationbar mealsserved all daylunch dinnercomfortable bedcurryview of the riverhen party weekendpepper chickennight portergreat mealrecommend this hotelwould definitely stay here againwell worth a visit
Reviewed 23 August 2009

as the song goes Lovely Leitrim I love going back to this place, I always head to Carrick on Shannon and love staying at Cryans Hotel, Francis and her brother Liam with help from the mad butcher Joe are so friendly, and there is always loads of craic at the bar..it is typically old world Irish something that was lost along the way during the Celtic Tiger, makes you proud to be Irish when I visit and there is always a welcome for all visitors,.

Reviewed 28 April 2009

I have recently returned from a friends wedding at the Landmark and due to it being fully booked, we decided to stay over the road at Cryans. It turned out to be to our advantage as in my opinion, Cryans was a fabulous, friendly hotel. The refurbishment was superb as everything is to a very high standard - immediately welcoming and far beyond my own expectations. We were pleasantly surprised to find a flatscreen tv in our room, along with fabulous shower and jacuzzi bath - far superior to our friends rooms who were staying at the more expensive Landmark.
We ate breakfast and dinner in the hotel and I can honestly say that the dinner was superb ! Plenty of food and excellent service - lots of extra bread on the tables and as much extra veg and potatoes as you could eat !! Breakfast was to a similar standard with plenty of choice - service again was excellent.
We didn't venture out too far into the town (due to rain !) but I understand from friends that there were plenty of pubs to choose from. All in all, we had a lovely time and this was largely due to Cryans - excellent choice for a stay in Carrick-on-Shannon !

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2009

We stayed one night at the hotel. We are thinking of moving to Carrick on Shannon and to get a feel of the place we decided to stay a night there.

It's right next door to the Landmark but it was far more expensive so we went with Cryan's instead. (We got B+B for 99 euro in total for 2 people).

The room was good and bif with a flat screen tv. Wireless internet is important to me and I had a wireless router in my room - not sure if it was to be shared but either way it was handy. We had a lovely room at the front looking out over the river.

The place is hard to find online - like really hard - not on Golden pages etc but I think that's because it's not long open. I offfered to build them a website!

Girl at reception was friendly and it's a very easy walk (1 minute) to the town's main street. We didn't have dinner there - went to Vitto's instead - recommended (you will not go hungry - great portions!). We went for a few drinks at a local pub and when we got back (around midnight) the night porter could not be more helpful. A Jordanian guy who got us drinks told us a bit about Carrick on Shannon and we sat in front of the fire in the lobby for an hour chatting (he wasn't overbearing and left us alone too!).

Breakfast was good (typical full Irish) and so all up at this price I would have no hesitation in recommending Cryan's and would stay there again.

"You won't be crying at Cryans"

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2009

I stayed in Cryan's with six other friends. I had eaten in the famous restauraunt many times and was delighted to see the refurbishment but still continuing with the excellent service. Flatscreen TV in bedrooms, nice comfortable beds, excellent breakfast. The waitresses always asked if we were ok, bringing out extra potatoes/ chips etc without having requested them. I ate in the restauraunt three times over my 2 day trip and each time it was the same standard. Hotel is central for landmark if you have a wedding and the moon river boat is only accross the road. Would stay there again for sure!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2009

We were attending a wedding reception in the Landmark, which was booked out, so booked here instead. It is right across from the Landmark so was very handy - our 10 yr old and her 12 yr old cousin could get over and back to/from it themselves, as they only had to cross the private side-road. The room was well fitted out, and they had the extra bed we (2 adults, 2 kids) needed already set up. The shower was great - one of those big wide-headed ones you get in places like Australia. My sister was in another room, which happened to have a jacuzzi bath. We were not bothered by noise at all (I'm a light sleeper). Our room was down the side of the hotel, on the 1st floor, parallel with the main road and the Shannon. Breakfast was very pleasant, with a small selection of cereals, juices and cooked breakfast choices. Also had fresh scones, presumably from the great home bakery nearby that I assume is owned by the same family. Staff were very pleasant throughout.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank paffle29