“second time eating here”
Review of Aunty Lena's

Aunty Lena's
Ranked #9 of 21 Restaurants in Adare
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Cuisines: Irish, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Aunty Lena's Bar situated in Adare Village arguably the prettiest village in Ireland was established in 1806 and has famously served the needs of its patrons with great success. Our highly skilled kitchen team serve delicious traditional Irish food all day and in tandem with that our bar stocks an extensive selection of beers, wines and the finest Irish whiskeys to help wash the meal down with. Our customers are a mix of local people and visiting tourists who we are more than happy to cater for with our own brand of superior customer service. Our large LCD High Definition TVs provide our customers with the perfect place to view all of the major sporting events (especially Munster, Limerick & Adare matches) live, in full comfort and with an atmosphere that you have to experience to believe. We also have live traditional music sessions every Friday night where audience participation is a must and people travel far and wide to experience this 'Lenas' Craic! We have also hosted some of the new and established live bands from around the region as we believe strongly in providing the best possible entertainment for our patrons, if they're happy then so are we!
Reviewed 16 May 2014

this is favorite place for locals and the place is always busy good prices they give you a lot of food for the euro and the drink prices are good too

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Visited today with husband and child. Took 15 minutes in an almost empty pub before we ordered . Asked indifferent waitress for menu twice. My husband had to order at bar. We complained to both waitress and barmen . They were quite indifferent. Food unbelievably poor. "Chicken curry" did not even remotely resemble curry tasting mainly of tomato and chicken dry and tasteless. My husbands fish overcooked and hadnt been deboned which woud be norm for battered fish. My 7 year old upset as clearly staff not remotely bothered. Have never complained before about service and rarely about food. This was exceptionally poor both for service and food. Had been here before and service never great. Time to find a better hostelry when visiting Adare.

3  Thank Pauline O
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Myself and my husband stopped for lunch. The service was so poor that we eventually had to call the waitress over to take our order. Half an hour later we were still waiting for our food. My husband ordered soup as a starter which arrived with our main course. The food was average. I had the chicken curry or dry chicken in tomato sauce as it turned out to be. A very disappointing experience and we will certainly not be ruturning.

2  Thank Anonymousooooooo
Reviewed 11 May 2014

A lively typical Irish pub.....and great Guinness! I had a hamburger but forgot to ask how it was cooked. When it was brought out and realized it looked more well done than I usually like, the waiter politely told me that's how they cook all burgers....and I realized that's pretty much how they cook them throughout Ireland. My friend had some fish and chips and really liked them. Little noisy but lively place.

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We stopped off here for a lunch recently. It would not have been my first choice having stopped in Adare many times before. The decor inside is quite dark anf could be brightened up a bit. The food was average. I had the beef burger which I feel was over priced for what was delivered. A burger, a bun, two slices of tomatoes, a light sprinkle of shredded bacon and iceberg lettuce. Coleslaw in a small ramikin dish on the plate. Priced at 11.95euros. The Cetlic Tiger is NO more. In fact it is extinct and we have no dna to generate a clone for its return. Some of the comfortable price mark up should have been spent on the decor. A pity really coulf have offered so much more. Won't be back.