“Comfortable space, good fish”

Pat Collins Bar & restaurant
Ranked #7 of 22 Restaurants in Adare
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2014

At the suggestion of several locals that the fish and chips at Pat Collins was the best in town my local Adare friend and I went there for an evening meal. The space is relatively small and feels almsot intimate. The seating might be a bit awkward for some as the seats were heavy and the tables seemed a bit low,
As planned before we went we ordered their fish and chips. The portion was not overly large, (I could readily have had another piece), but it was crisp and the fish cooked to what seemed its optimum point. The meal included a small serving of mushy peas, not my favorite Irish/British dish and what came was what I expected (and they were only lukewarm). But, the peas were not the point. The chips were prepared well and the meal as a whole was more than adequate.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The place was packed with locals but the owner aways found a table for us. The Irish stew was the best I had in Ireland. What really made it for us was the musicians who came to play traditional Irish music at the next table while we enjoyed our dinner. When they played a song the crowd knew, everyone joined in and sang along.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent bar food. Have visited at night and during the day. Have tried most things on the menu at this stage. Chicken Caesar Salad is fab. Worth a visit. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This pub is a traditional irish pub and decor reflects this. I order the chicken wings for a starter which after my partner had tasted them I had to share them with him, they were fab fab fab, we then got a toasted special ans steak sandwich both of which were very very tasty, would recommend a visit

1  Thank Jenniferamy24
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Perfect pub in Adare right on strip. Nice staff and good Guinness. Burgers fresh hot and fish n chips delicious

1  Thank TXGoose23