On a lark - saw it as a Groupon. The picture and the details of the offering were to good to refuse. I am glad I took advantage of it. Located 35 min from Shannon Airport (direct flt. from Boston). We used it as a jumping off point to the destinations we wanted to see and experience. Ballybunion, Lahinch were less than 1hr 15min away. The Adare Golf Club is on site and has hosted the Irish Open as recently as 2007 (Padraig Harrington) and 2008. Galway, The Cliffs of Moher, the Burren and Bunratty Castle are all within striking distance. The Adare Manor is a 5 star privately owned hotel and is a spectacle to behold. I can not speak to the rooms in the Manor as we stayed in a villa, but i was told they were well appointed. The Villas would be great for any of the following: family retreat, guys week of golf, spa retreat for couples or the girls or a destination wedding. Somewhat stark in their appointments, I assume the layout of each of them is similar - 3 bedroom, 4 full bath, full kitchen, TV in every room, patio and wildlife in the AM (pheasant, rabbits the size of dogs, etc). We spent a lot of time traveling around the countryside and used this as our home base, but you could use this venue as your escape as well. Again, It contains accommodation, spa, golf, restaurant(s), falconry, archery, biking - the list goes on. Two things of note: The Tack room which is the Manor's Pub has live music every night except Monday (shout out to Colm - crazy sob - lol) and Adare Itself is a very picturesque small town with some offerings in its own right. ( supposedly Albert the Villas Concierge exists, but never had the pleasure) Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the lush heartlands of County Limerick, Adare Manor is one of Ireland's most evocative and spellbinding castle hotels. Steeped in exotic history and surrounded by medieval ruins, its 840-acre demesne is home to beautiful parklands, superb trout fishing on the river Maigue, and a renowned 18 hole championship golf course. Unique and individual accommodation, the best of contemporary Irish food in an incomparable setting, and the highest standards of modern hospitality are hallmarks of the Manor experience. Adare Manor is a 25 minute drive from Shannon International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Adare Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adare Manor Hotel And Golf Resort
- Adare Manor Hotel & Golf Adare
- Adare Manor Resort
- Adare Manor Ireland