I have to rate this hotel "above average" because it really is "above average". Its a Victorian Castle in the middle of enormous grounds.
Having read others reviews, I would say most are fair with good and the bad points.
It sticks in the Irish throat the over Americanisation, its really the American owners idea of an Irish castle hotel.So it may well appeal to Americans.
My room was one of the better corner suites. I stayed there out of season and got a deal with a cheap upgrade. The room was large, but "impersonal" and the decor was not well thought out. The room was reached along miles of soulless corridors, with drab lighting.
The restaurant for both breakfast and dinner was fine. You need one of the tables in the outer part with daylight and views. I thought the inner tables were drab. The cooked breakfast was particularly good.
The bar is positively baronial, but with bad lighting at night. You can get a very good afternoon tea here, but I doubt you could manage dinner as well.
The staff were very helpful. The receptionist gave me a "tour" when I arrived. The staff were mainly non-Irish. The only Irishman I came across was the doorman, a very pleasant , cheerly and helpful man. It was rather strange to be given the history of the manor by European staff who had no real idea what it was all about.
Over commercialised, a bit drab in places, American, yes all of those apply. However it was an experience that I enjoyed to stay at Adare Manor, and I would stay again (OK as long as there was an out of season offer!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the lush heartlands of County Limerick, Adare Manor is one of Ireland's most evocative and spellbinding castle hotels. Steeped in exotic history and surrounded by medieval ruins, its 840-acre demesne is home to beautiful parklands, superb trout fishing on the river Maigue, and a renowned 18 hole championship golf course. Unique and individual accommodation, the best of contemporary Irish food in an incomparable setting, and the highest standards of modern hospitality are hallmarks of the Manor experience. Adare Manor is a 25 minute drive from Shannon International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Adare Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adare Manor Hotel And Golf Resort
- Adare Manor Hotel & Golf Adare
- Adare Manor Resort
- Adare Manor Ireland