“Afternoon delight”
Review of Adare Manor

Adare Manor
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Adare
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Afternoon tea here is a real treat. The surroundings are luxurious and immaculate while the staff is wonderfully friendly and attentive. You will be presented with a mountain of food - I defy anyone to get through it all - but the remnants can be boxed up for later enjoyment. A lovely experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sarah M, Guest Relations Manager at Adare Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Sheila O,

Thank you Sheila for your "Afternoon Delight" review of our Afternoon Tea experience, we are so glad you liked it... its one of our most popular experiences here in the Manor, isn't the little box with "Ive had Afternoon Tea at Adare Manor" lovely upon leaving... lots of guests tell me they will be having their left over treats for days to come !!

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My Wife and I had dinner as part of our 43rd. Wedding Anniversary Celebration in Adare Manor and we were rewarded with a wonderful meal and served by wonderful staff. From the start we were welcomed by Tony in the Bar and then by Duty Manager ( Alan O'Connell ). These two men set the scene for a great experience. Our Meal consisted of a wonderful Fillet Steak and John Dory. We complemented the meal with a very nice Fleurie. A lovely little " touch " at the coffee stage was a plate of little sweets with Happy Anniversary, Adare Manor inscribed -in chocolate- on the plate. Donal and Rubel were the other Hosts who visited our table and we appreciated this, so much.Many thanks Adare Manor for the wonderful experience and I would like to wish Alan a long, happy and successful Hotel Career ( Alan is an Hotel Student in the Shannon Hotel and Catering Management College ).Míle Buiochas and we look forward to our next visit

3  Thank Aidan W
Sarah M, Guest Relations Manager at Adare Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear AodhandeF,

Firstly "Happy Anniversary"... we are delighted that you chose to dine with us on this special occasion. It is always very welcome to receive feedback that mentions members of our team, especially Tony, Alan, Ruebel and Donal... we are so proud of them and delighted that they made a great impression on you both...

Thank you for your complimentary comments regarding the food and dining experience, we hope to be seeing you every year now to celebrate your anniversary !!...

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Afternoon tea was a most enjoyable experience in very beautiful and relaxing surroundings.

Prior to our visit I thought the price tag was expensive but I now think it is great value when you consider the quality and quantity of the food and beverages, service and surroundings. Best of all the uneaten scones and cakes were boxed for us to enjoy later.

We were served our tea in the library. The bookshelves are relatively new at 150 years old.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank FredrickG

Dear FredrickG,

Thank you for your very kind review of Afternoon Tea at Adare Manor, we are delighted that your enjoyed it and hope to see you again in the future..

Reviewed 9 March 2014

The drive from the gate to the hotel is a picturesque regal entrance. Although it is poorly sign-posted and I ended up in the houses rather than the manor. I was there a few days before Christmas, there were two enormous tree dotted with elegant Christmas lights.
Entering the hotel is like being transported back to the landed gentry’s era. The hotel reception doesn't look like a normal hotel reception, the check-in desks are discreet, small and mahogany, they blend in with the dark wooded panelled background.
The bar is large and formidable with stone arches leading from one part to another, there are big open fires and for such huge high-ceilings, the bar and others areas are warm. They don’t welcome noisy children or boisterous parties, I overheard the staff asking a parent to keep the child quiet.
I stayed in the rooms in the newer section (which is about 4 minutes’ walk from the bar). The bedrooms are enormous, and naturally comfortable. The following morning when I opened the curtains, I got a lovely surprise to see that my bedroom overlooked a picturesque meandering canal running through perfectly manicured grounds. I was also surprised with the tea and pastries we had brought to our room, it only cost 5 euro for ample pastries, toast, a pot of coffee and pot of tea (all served in sparking silver pots with the regal insignia).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TidyMel

Dear TidyMel,

Thank you very much for your recent review, I'm sorry you found our signage difficult, we have added some more signs throughout the resort since your review and we do appreciate your feedback.
Thank you also for your lovely description of the Manor and for your generous reflections on the rooms and views.
The house is quite splendid and you are correct, we do not allow boisterous parties spoil the atmosphere for guests expecting an elegant and tranquil experience...

We do hope you will have opportunity to visit us again.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

From check-in to check-out I can not think of one bad thing to say. I visited Adare with my mother and my twelve year old son. We stayed in a three bedroom villa which was so spacious and well-appointed we never wanted for anything. We purchased groceries at the Centra in Adare and made breakfast each morning in the kitchen. The village has plenty of good choices for dining as well.
Albert at the villas was awesome! He gave us great tips on what to see and where to eat. Our only complaint is that we wish we could have stayed longer! The grounds and the manor house are breathtaking. A nice walk around the property is a great way to begin or end any day in Afare!
Beautiful resort, beautiful town and lovely people. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2014
5  Thank rue78
Sarah M, Guest Relations Manager at Adare Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear Rue78,

It's our greatest compliment and ultimate goal....to receive feedback that we have "exceeded your expectations", thank you not only for your compliments but for taking time to tell us, we really do appreciate it !

Looking forward to seeing you back again soon....

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I had been wanting to stay at Adare Manor for quite some time and we were very fortunate to stay at the property last weekend. Before making our way to the hotel we stopped off in the village for a wander and a bite to eat in a charming pub with a roaring fire. When we made our way through the grounds we were in awe of the ancient ruins and amazing old trees which we were saddened to see some had been lost to the recent storms. The Manor is totally splendid externally, very imposing and the more you look the more historical details you can see - it really was a labour of love all those years ago. We were warmly greeted upon arrival by several team members, we were swiftly checked in and informed that we had been upgraded to a room in the Manor which was a real surprise. Kate kindly escorted us to our room and gave us a tour along the way - we needed another tour for the bedroom - it was huge and we kept saying wow.... wow at the splendid interiors with just stunning views of the river and French gardens. The slipper bath had the best view of all and we knew we were in for a really relaxing getaway fit for a King and Queen. We wandered around the grounds taking our complimentary umbrella and spotted sweet little seating areas and the pet cemetery belonging to the Dunraven families pets. We dined in the Oak Room Restaurant in the Colonnade that evening and enjoyed the gastronomical delights that exploded on the palate dish after dish. The highlight of the meal was the Chef's Amuse Bouche of Carpaccio of Venison which was stunning. After a wonderful meal it was time to retreat to the comfiest of beds zzzzzzz. Breakfast was exactly as we had envisaged and again it was served to perfection with the greatest of care shown to all of the guests at every turn. I was so hesitant to leave but all good things come to and end and thought of all the lucky guests that will pass though over the coming year. It is a special property and it's history and beauty must be seen to be appreciated. Special thanks to Jacques Conradie the Reservations Manager for her personal attention and superb customer service. Enjoy your stay!

4  Thank cooper69

Dear Cooper69,

Thank you so very much for your wonderfully written and complimentary review.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your upgraded room, I must admit, I love all of our rooms as each of them have something unique and special, but this is one of my personal favourites...normally I don't have it available as it so popular so it was lovely to have it for you to enjoy on this occasion.

Thank you also for your fantastic description of your experience in "The Oakroom", I must agree, the experience is outstanding, delighted you had the opportunity to experience the colonnade... our guests describe it as the most wonderfully romantic experience -especially in the evening candlelight...

I will pass along your comments and review to our Reservations Manager, Jacques, he is such a wonderful gentleman and will be thrilled to receive this review as we all are.

We hope to see you again soon and I would be grateful for the opportunity to introduce myself so make sure to ask for me when you are in Adare Manor next time....

Until then... take care...

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Visually, Adare Manor is stunning, like a miniature version of Downton Abbey. Beautiful grounds, a rushing river, stunning greens, and amazing architecture. But it's the staff that's the true treasure. Every single person we met went out of their way to make sure we had a wonderful stay, from the doorman to the front desk clerk to the bartender who concocted a special fizzy drink for my nine-year-old. They were kind and welcoming and attentive. A minor service glitch was resolved so speedily and well I was almost glad it had happened, because I was so impressed with the recovery.

If you can, make sure you book the falconry experience -- it was a truly once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. And if you ride, be sure to ask the front staff for recommendations regarding local stables -- the riding is gorgeous. The spa was absolutely lovely, serene and restful, and the massage totally relaxing. And make sure you take tour that's offered daily -- you'll learn lots of interesting bits about the manor and grounds.

If you are looking for a timeless, classic atmosphere with old-style warmth and service, this is the place.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank emal33
Sarah M, Guest Relations Manager at Adare Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Ema133,

Firstly thank you so very much for your excellent review of your experience here in our very own little "Downton Abbey"... I am little biased but honestly we are so very proud of the Manor, the glorious grounds and gardens but most especially thank you for your comments on our team, our staff are our treasure and I'm glad to see that even when things don't necessarily go right they recovered beautifully !

Falconry on the resort is a very special experience and I'm so glad you enjoyed it, I'm delighted that you also experienced Lavender Cottage, yes, it is the most serene beautiful building...

Thank you for mentioning the style of service we provide, we choose our staff for their natural warmth and kindness, we are delighted that you felt that throughout your stay with us.

I do hope you will have opportunity to visit us again sometime, when you do, make sure to ask for me, I would be delighted to have the chance to thank you in person.

Until then....

Sarah

Also consider these accommodations in or near Adare
Dromoland Castle Hotel
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick
Limerick Strand Hotel
Limerick Strand Hotel
#3 of 20 in Limerick

Been to Adare Manor? Share your experiences!