Just back from a wonderful stay at Adare Manor. We were on the Sceptre Tours Summer Luxury Package which included airfare, six nights in a three bedroom four bath luxury villa, automatic full size rental car with GPS (easy to program and very handy to have) as well as passes to various local attractions. The villa surpassed our expectations and was extremely large and comfortable for just the two of us. The kitchen is state of the art with electrolux appliances, granite counters, etc. and the bathrooms were spotless, large and never without a full supply of hot water. There were flat screen TVs in all the bedrooms as well as a large one in the living room. There was a lovely patio overlooking the 7th hole of the golf course on which to enjoy an evening glass of wine after a day of touring as well as a conservatory with the same view when the weather wasn't conducive to sitting outdoors. There was also a gas fireplace which added a cozy feeling to a cool, rainy night. The staff couldn't have been nicer. Upon arrival, they let you know that rides to the village for groceries, pubs and restaurants are always available by calling the front desk. After a short nap, we decided to test this out and asked for a ride to the grocery store to pick up supplies. Not only did this lovely young gal, Rosie, come to get us and wait while we shopped---she offered to take our groceries back to our villa and put them away so that we could further tour the village and visit a pub!!!! That was fantastic service!!! We found everyone there to be genuinely kind and friendly---not phony or surface friendly because they work at a five star hotel and have to be. The heritage tour given by Maura, the special events coordinator, was very interesting with a lot of great facts and history about the property and my husband loved the golf course even with the four seasons of weather experienced in one afternoon. What we really liked was the proximity of the property to the village---a 20 min. walk from the villas or a three minute car ride to the village itself or to the pedestrian gate where you can easily park and have access without worrying about finding a public parking spot. There are three great restaurants right outside the pedestrian gate---The Wild Geese; White Sage and Blue Door. We ate at the Wild Geese and Blue Door and found both to be excellent and very casual for dress. Four pubs call the village of Adare home and our favorite was The Collins Pub on the far end of the main street from the Manor. There are also many shops to be found along the Main St. of Adare along with a garden and cultural center. We thoroughly enjoyed having the option of leaving the property with things to do so close. We did tour Dromoland Castle as well (friends stayed here last year for their honeymoon and loved it) and it was lovely but a bit too isolated for our taste. In short, we loved our time at Adare Manor and would urge anyone considering one of the Sceptre Tours or Aer Lingus packages to do it---you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adare Manor is a neo-Gothic architectural masterpiece, once the family seat of the Earls of Dunraven. Today it is cherished as a warm and welcoming 5 star luxury resort, defined by its spectacular setting, authentic historic character, and the impeccable service of its world-class staff. Situated in the beautiful village of Adare and just 25 minutes from Shannon airport. The 104 guest rooms are air conditioned and lavishly appointed with original art, Georgian-style furnishings, luscious textiles and marble bathrooms. Guests may design a bespoke itinerary of activities in and around the sweeping 840 acre estate of formal gardens, peaceful forests and rolling parklands. Golf, falconry, archery, fishing, La Mer spa treatments and more are all conducted on site, with further adventures such as horseback riding and shooting available within a short drive. Fine dining and world-class libations across the resort’s many restaurants, lounges and bars offer something to tempt every palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Adare Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adare Manor Hotel And Golf Resort
- Adare Manor Hotel & Golf Adare
- Adare Manor Resort
- Adare Manor Ireland