“Albert saved my vacation”
Review of Adare Manor

Adare Manor
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Adare
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Three of my friends and I recently vacationed at the Adare Manor Villas. The villa was very nice, spacious and comfortable, as well as being immaculately clean. This was an excellent home base for touring the southwest of Ireland. I would definitely consider staying there again and have recommended it to friends.

That said Albert, our concierge, was outstanding and crucial to our vacation having a pleasant outcome. What a lovely, dear man! He is truly the Villas’ greatest asset. We were touring the Ring of Kerry on Sunday and I stupidly left my wallet in Hickey’s traditional music shop in Sneem. I did not realize this until we stopped at the grocery store outside of Adare. I was not sure if I had lost it or been pick-pocketed. We returned to the villas and I began a series of phone calls trying to trace the wallet and notify the local Garda. I could not find the name of the music shop on the internet or through information. I cancelled my cards and tried to figure out if I had enough Euros to get through the rest of the trip without borrowing from my friends. I was very upset with myself and concerned about identity theft. The next morning I called about another issue and Albert stopped by. I ended up telling him about the wallet. He wrote down what little info I knew and was very reassuring about finding it. And find it he did – I think it was less than an hour until he located it, notified me and made arrangements for it to be sent overnight to our next stop. It turned out I had left it on the counter in the music shop and the owner, Noreen Hickey, had locked it away for safe-keeping. Thank you, Albert, you are a true gentleman.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Betty D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,405)

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

4 of us bought a Groupon to visit Ireland from January 3rd-9th. We decided to add on an extra package which included 4 irish breakfasts at the carriage house at the adare manor plus tours of waterford, the Guinness store house and the cliffs of moher. Well when we arrived at the Adare Manor, we were astonished. We actually were booked in what was apparently a 2 floor villa and we each had a bathroom to ourselves! It was absolutely amazing. Also the traditional irish breakfasts were delicious, definitely worth buying that extra package. Its walking distance to the town and a short bus ride to Limmerick. Also, if you have a car its very accessible to the highways to visit other towns (we went to Kilkenny, Cork, Waterford, Kilarney and ended up in Dublin). The villas also offer a fire place, awesome book shelves with many informational books of Ireland a full kitchen with dishwasher and a cute sitting/sun room. If I were to ever visit Ireland again, I would absolutely stay at the Adare Manor.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Meg C
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I had always wanted to stay in a castle when I visited Ireland and although the name of this place says "manor house", it's every bit as impressive as a castle. The house is beautiful inside and out and the extensive grounds are well maintained. The staff were all very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LShue211
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is our second stay at the Adare Manor Villas, and I would come back again. You have a full town home complete with kitchen and laundry, privacy, and the most beautiful atmosphere anyone could hope for on a trip to Ireland. The estate is lovely and it is next to Adare, which is the most quaint village one can experience. A stay here is conducive to relaxation, peace, and quality of life. If I could live here, I would in a snap!

Room Tip: Ask for a villa that backs to the golf course
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Flolo86
Reviewed 23 June 2014

What a wonderful place to stay. The Adare Manor is like a castle with modern five star amenities. The food and service were impeccable. The staff are outstanding. Nothing is too much to ask for. Nothing is too small. We were tired, hot and sweaty from traveling all day and we both took showers before dinner. While at dinner, the staff turned down our bed and completely cleaned and restocked the bath with fresh towels and soap, etc. The room was roomy and we had plenty of extra pillows.We can't wait to stay at Adare Manor again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MJS658
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Spent one night in Adare on a 7-day tour of Ireland and it was magical. Such a quaint and beautiful city and the Adare Manor was gorgeous and stunning yet still comfortable. Recommended for families, couples, friends, and really anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jillian C
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

There is a reason it is a 5 star lodging. Brilliant in all regards. From the moment of the drive in to the last moment pulling out, it surpassed my expectations. It is beautiful. The accommodations were grand. The staff.... amazing. The food was devine.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Justin M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adare
Dromoland Castle Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bunratty
Limerick Strand Hotel
Limerick Strand Hotel
#3 of 20 in Limerick

Been to Adare Manor? Share your experiences!