“Perfect in every way”
Review of Adare Manor

Adare Manor
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Adare
Reviewed 8 January 2009

WE booked a 2 bedroom townhouse at this estate. They upgraded us to a 3 bedroom townhouse. It was huge! It was gorgeous. The staff is fabulous. The golf course is magnificent and the spa is top notch! Overall this is one of the best places I have stayed with my family. I would highly recommend it! It is just breathtaking!

Stayed: January 2009

Reviewed 23 December 2008

After finding an unbelievable deal for a week at Adare Manor through the Travel Zoo website, 5 members of my family and 4 friends all booked our stay for late July. The package included rt airfare from Chicago, 6 day rental car and a 4 bedroom, 4 bath villa on the grounds of Adare Manor for $999 per person. (We ended up with 2 villas and 2 cars for 9 people) From start to finish everything about the trip was flawless, no problems with the flight (Aer Lingus), the rental car (upgraded to a small van), the drive from Shannon Airport to Adare, or the check in and no hidden fees. Everyone at the Manor/Castle was friendly and helpful especially Anna-Louise who arranged all our activities including fishing lessons, golf, shooting lessons and dining reservations via email before our arrival.
The stunning Villas are situated within a short walk or drive from the Manor and are set amongst the golf course and forests in a peaceful secluded area. The Villas are very large, with my family of 5 in 1 villa we each had our own large bedroom and private bath. Everything was new and clean and top of the line from granite counter tops to comfortable beds, fresh linens, washer and dryer, dishwasher, cable tv, all the amenities of home. Within the small village of Adare is a grocery which we visited upon arrival and had breakfast and lunch each day in the Villa and enjoyed the excellent restaurants at the Manor or in town each evening. I highly recommend the excellent local restaurant Wild Geese, a short walk into town from the gates of the Manor.
The Manor is a beautiful castle with impeccable service and gorgeous grounds. My teenage son enjoyed the Manor pool daily and my mother and I enjoyed taking tea each afternoon in the beautiful Drawing Room. My husband and I enjoyed nightly music in the Manor's Tack Room Pub. My husband played golf and went shooting and said both experiences were world class.
On one afternoon we watched in amazement as 2 men and a young girl on horseback rode up to the front of the Manor with dozens of hounds as they welcomed visitors upon their arrival. The dogs, the riders and the staff mingled around the Manor as guests arrived offering them hot coffee and whiskey or Guinness.
Adare is centrally located to many sites within a 2 hour drive including Galway, Rock of Cashel and the Cliffs of Moher.
We had such a wonderful trip we are already planning on returning next summer for another visit and will stay again in the Villas. From the charming village to the comfortable home like setting to the beautiful castle it was the perfect trip.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
7  Thank S D
Reviewed 16 December 2008

I booked 2 nights on one of the hotels special offers and a 3rd night using Expedia. Expedia came back with a confirmed booking of 270euro.
When I checked out the night booked under Expedia was charged at 363euro.Not having any printed details with me I paid and followed up the next day with the hotel.
Was told the next day that the Expedia rate did not include 13.5% tax, thats ok I can understand that.
But 270euro+13.5%tax does not equal 363euro.
It does not matter how good the stay was when you get the brush off with "make up some numbers and hope he goes away"
routine.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2008

Nice castle in a beautiful village. Staff very friendly and helpful. Reception area was quite cold even with my coat on! However bedroom was very well appointed with the exception of tea making facilities. Note: cold in corridors however bedrooms absolutely roasting, could not sleep that well as a result. Bathroom very spacious with lovely toiletries. (there was quite a bad draft in the bathroom from the window - I suppose it was december!)
We ate in the restaurant which was quite nice, I had the fillet of beef and my partner had the venison which was superb. Plates for main courses were cold which resulted in my meal going cold after eating the first mouthful. For dessert I chose a pear tart with blue cheese icecream was quite tasty in a weird way!
Breakfast was lovely, although I wished they had a better selection of breads especially traditional brown bread.

All in all a nice break, however I would prefer ashford castle for their surroundings and spectacular interior. I felt adare was somewhat lacking in comparison.

Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank eime
Reviewed 5 December 2008

first of all....kudos to mary in the north american office for making all the details go smoothly. this is a beautiful castle, lots of roaring fires, great dining, beautiful rooms, etc. plusses....incredible service from the doorman, concierge, drawing room bar, oak room, and valet. heck...even the guy at the gate makes you feel special. the oak room was very cool about me being a picky eater....so that was nice too. we had one goofy experience....the hot water went cold in our room. to their credit, they diagnosed the problem, and fixed it (air in the lines....
it's an old building, remember) quickly....so....no worries. overall....
a wonderful place.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2008

We have visited Adare Manor twice and found it to be superb on both occasions. The property is lovely with historical elements, ruins to explore, an excellent golf facility and cozy warm accommodations. The manor staff makes the stay fantastic with their friendliness and helpfulness ( the doorman is absolutely a divine gentleman). We had planned to make our third trip to Adare Manor to celebrate husband's birthday this November, but disappointedly our plans were changed. We hope to make it in 2009. T McClain Spring, Texas

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tommiejean
Reviewed 13 November 2008

I stayed in the Manor House it just blew me away the moment i arrived,i arrived very late with my husband and was very tiried but the way i was treated by the night staff the moment i arrived was something special,they were so polite and courtious they couldnt do enough for us,they just made us fell very special,it was amazing considering the time it was and they must be tiried too.Brought to my room by the night porter he showed us our room it was just superb(porter spoke quiet good French and spoke some Irish for us too he was charming).We slept like king and Queen.The next two days were just everything we wanted from our holidays good food beautifull walks and my husband thought the golf course was one of the best he has ever played.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank melleLoire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adare
Dromoland Castle Hotel
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick
Limerick Strand Hotel
Limerick Strand Hotel
#3 of 20 in Limerick

Been to Adare Manor? Share your experiences!