We just returned from Ireland, having stayed six nights at Adare Manor in the Villas. They are absolutely beautiful and quite large, accomodating up to 7-8 people. ..3 bedrooms, each with private full bath and a fourth room in the main living area which uses the main bath on this level.
The kitchen is fully furnished for any type of cooking if you choose to spend your time in there while on vacation!! We opted to breakfast there each day before heading out to tour the area.
The thing to be aware of with booking these villas is that only one set of towels & linens are provided and an extra charge is required to get more. Only one small bar of soap is in each bathroom and no other amenities. One roll of bathroom tissue per bathroom and no kleenex, so head to the local grocery and stock up on needed amenities. The annoying thing about this is that no information is provided ahead of time about what is or is not included in the villas. One assumes that when booking a 5 star property that all bathroom amenities are included.This info would certainly be appreciated prior to arrival so as to plan accordingly. The staff at the desk were not overly helpful when we asked questions about this and also seemed slightly peeved whenever we called for any reason.Also, we had some of the same problems with the heating that others have experienced and our calls for service were ignored. The service seems quite fine for those staying in the manor house. My guess is that these villas are privately owned and the owners perhaps pay a fee to the hotel to rent them out, thus the lack of services. Travel agents and anyone involved with booking this property should make people aware of the different types of lodging and what is included.
The spa is ok, not wonderful. My husband had a so-so massage and I had a facial that was supposed to be 60 minutes and ended at 45.
These are our only complaints about an otherwise lovely property with the quaint little village of Adare in walking distance. There has been a big promotion on packages for the villas, airfare and car that are VERY reasonable, making an otherwise expensive 5 star property quite affordable.
While this was a beautiful setting and quite lovely, we would not return, as we found that staying in the same place for 6 nights limited the amount the sightseeing we could do. When we return to beautiful Ireland again we will opt for staying at B&Bs or Inns along the way, allowing ourselves to see so much more and not having to return to the same place every night.
We cannot wait for our next visit!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the lush heartlands of County Limerick, Adare Manor is one of Ireland's most evocative and spellbinding castle hotels. Steeped in exotic history and surrounded by medieval ruins, its 840-acre demesne is home to beautiful parklands, superb trout fishing on the river Maigue, and a renowned 18 hole championship golf course. Unique and individual accommodation, the best of contemporary Irish food in an incomparable setting, and the highest standards of modern hospitality are hallmarks of the Manor experience. Adare Manor is a 25 minute drive from Shannon International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Adare Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adare Manor Hotel And Golf Resort
- Adare Manor Hotel & Golf Adare
- Adare Manor Resort
- Adare Manor Ireland