“A short but very pleasant stay in Adare”

Dunraven Arms Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Adare
Reviewed 20 September 2011

On a short Golfing trip to Limerick my friends and I stayed for two nights in the Dunraven Arms, Adare. This visit was far to short and I will return to a lovely classic Hotel with superb Staff and welcoming hospitality. Breakfast and Dinner were of a very high standard and quality was second to none.
Did I see anything wrong - No, the short stay was perfect!

Room Tip: From my experience with my friends - 18 - all rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 September 2011

We spent one night in this grand old hotel. It really takes you back in time which felt great. Our room and bathroom was very nice, spacious and clean. Checking in was a breeze and the staff was all well trained. We ate at their high end restaurant which was very good and enjoyed the beef they carve at your table. The wait staff was courteous and understood their role. Breakfast buffet was just okay; nothing spectacular.
I did enjoy talking to the general manager and told him that his staff was well trained and knew how to take care of a customer. I would expect this at a Marriott, Hilton since the employee goes through a training program but with a place like this, I was just amazed. I would stay here again if I happenned to go through Adare at another time.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2011

If you use a non-euro credit card to pay your bill the staff may offer you, as a "quotation," the opportunity to pay in your home currency (for example UK pounds) rather than Euros. Beware! This "service" is unlikely to work in your favour - they aren't doing it for you - they're doing it to make more money for themselves. Also, if you reject the "quotation" make sure you recheck the currency before you input your PIN.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank BrianJA
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Junior suite with it's 4 posterbed , the hotel location and staff kindness made the stay unique

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Thoroughly enjoyed the size of the room, extreme comfort of the bed, facilities of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. Breakfast was nice but not ravable.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We stayed here for three nights in August with 2 young children & 1 teenager. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Our rooms had a beautiful garden view. The food was excellent & the staff courteous & efficient. There is plenty to do every day in this quaint little village and beyond. We will definitely make a return visit.

Room Tip: Always ask for connecting rooms if you need them when booking.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Myself and my wife stayed for 2 nights in a Junior Suite overlooking the gardens, we had a very enjoyable break, the Hotel is "shabby elegance" which is something we like, we are not into the more modern hotels with modern furniture, the Dunraven Arms have a lot of old antique furnishings, 4 poster beds etc. The leisure centre on the other hand could do with a face lift, I was disappointed to find no steam room and the sauna was broken so only had one visit there, the dinner was nice but a little bit mean, portion wise, my wife doesn't drink wine but I like a glass or 2 of red but the price in the restaurant was 13 to 18 euro a glass which I felt was a rip off, the breakfast was very nice and anything you asked for was supplied eg, I wanted pouched eggs which I received , also I enjoy porridge but there was none to be seen at the breakfast bar, so I asked the head waiter, this was delivered to my table in 3 minuted and was excellent porridge (boiled and not micro-waved) so over all I give it very good marks as the staff made up for any gripe we had, Adare is a beautiful village. Patrick and Margaret

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adare
Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel
#1 of 20 in Limerick
The Savoy Hotel
The Savoy Hotel
#4 of 20 in Limerick

Been to Dunraven Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!