“Brilliant Hotel”

Dunraven Arms Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Adare
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We went for the first time in 2010, and were so blown away by the friendliness of everyone, let alone the brilliant pricing, and delicious food that we have since been back twice more in one year. We as a family usually like to try new things, but this is the best place for a romantic break, to a family holiday. Could not recommend it more.

Room Tip: All brilliant
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank TobyMH

Reviewed 22 February 2012

We were married on 1st December 2011, I'm sorry I have not had a chance
to write before. From the very first day we went out to the hotel after
getting engaged to make enquiries to the day we checked out after our
wedding we received the highest level of service, were made to feel so
special, and no request was too big to deal with.
With living over here in the UK and planning a wedding in Ireland it was
at times quite nerve racking, but the one thing we never had worries
about was our hotel and reception.
All of the small touches in the run up to the day and on the day itself
mean so so much, I could write for pages listing everything out, but I
have never come across hospitality to rival it.
All of our guests were made to feel so welcome. Most of our Irish guests
were already well aware of The Dunraven's fantastic reputation, but our UK guests
in particular were blown away by it all.
I cannot find the words to express our gratitude for how the hotel looked
after us on our special day

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Suzyb81
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This is a brilliant hotel located in a beautiful village. We stayed here for one night as we were attending a family wedding. We were informed upon arrival that we had been upgraded from a deluxe room to a junior suite on the first floor overlooking the gardens which were magnificent. The room had a four poster super king bed with a open fire place and beautiful furniture. I asked for the heating to be turned on in the room when we arrived and it was done immediately. Unfortunately I ended up being sick and spent the entire wedding in bed. The staff could not have done enough for me. There were 280 people attending the wedding and even though the staff were very busy with them, they still found time to organise an extra heater (as I could not get the heat into me) and a hot water bottle and anything else that I needed. We hope to return in April for another stay and I will be recommending it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank maisie33_12
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Be very careful booking with your laser card. We were charged on the day we booked a room which is fine, but the the after we checked out the amount was taken out again without our permission. We are so upset and disgusted with the lack of action being done about it from the Manager.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank RobinLimerick
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I cannot fault this magnificent hotel at all. Every aspect of my stay was flawless from start to finish. Check in is 3om, but upon my request, there was no problem in accommodating my request for the room to be available earlier. Adare is a beautiful village, the bus from Limerick takes approx 20 mins, and drops off on Main Street, so is less than a 5 min walk from the hotel. Rooms are very spacious, timber floors in the bathroom are nice (first hotel in Ireland to do so), a separate dressing room/wardrobe area, complimentary water is a nice touch, the beds are very comfortable and there are great views from the window of the pretty gardens. Breakfast was included in our room price, so this was served 7 -10am in the lovely breakfast room at the front of the hotel. It was delicious with a great choice of hot/cold food. Staff in the hotel were very attentive and very friendly. The hotel is right in the centre of the village, location is perfect. Adare Manor is a 5 minute walk away which is well worth the visit to see the Manor and for a walk in the beautiful grounds. I could not be more satisfied with my visit to Adare. It is a magical place and the Dunraven Arms helped make my visit truly memorable.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SabrinaMF
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Stayed for two nights. Got a junior suite on the ground floor. Nice bar and a restaurant serving good local dishes. The room was clean with beautiful furniture, comfortable beds and a 37" (or possibly 40") LCD TV including Sky News and BBC2 from the UK. Multiple rooms with fireplaces available for free for social events. Great breakfast included in room rate. Altogether a very good stay in a nice and welcoming environment.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2012

A wonderful hotel run by the most pleasant and helpful staff that I have ever encountered. Excellent food, both at breakfast and dinner. Beautiflly appointed rooms, with modern spacious bathrooms. Can not fault it in any way.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nolnoc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adare
Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel
#1 of 20 in Limerick
The Savoy Hotel
The Savoy Hotel
#4 of 20 in Limerick

Been to Dunraven Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!