“Relaxing Couple of Days”

Dunraven Arms Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Adare
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We returned to the Dunraven Arms for a 2 night stay. As always, everything was just perfect. This time I even checked out the Leisure Centre. I'm happy to report the fitness area is bright and airy compared to many other hotels. The pool is a good size too.
We dined in the hotel both nights; the first in the dining room. I can't recommend the roast beef enough, just delicious. Vegetables are served on the side and cooked to perfection. The second evening we dined in the bar as my husband wanted to watch a soccer match. They were happy to turn on the TV. He ordered from the bar menu and enjoyed his spicy burger. I was offered the dining room menu which I thought was a nice touch. Breakfast too is great - lots of fresh fruit and yogurt as well as the traditional hot breakfast food. Their baked goods are very tasty. As we have been to Adare a couple of times we decided to check out local the attractions. The Cliffs of Moher are less than 1.5hr drive from the hotel. We even brought a little picnic with us, prepared by the hotel. Wifi also in the hotel so I was able to connect via my iPhone. A great way to spend a couple of days.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Dunraven Arms Hotel

Reviewed 2 April 2012

We returned for a three day stay combined with Sightseeing, Shopping and Golf. Once again we had a lovely room and superb food on three evenings. Breakfast was perfect and most unusual a side of fresh Limerick Ham was on the menu - beautiful. Of course all the usual breads, cereals and hot dishes were available, fresh as always. Dinner remains as a highlight of the day particularly the specialty of the day - Roast Beef carved at you table, don't miss it. Staff are all well trained and most helpful and courteous. We will be returning at the first opportunity.

Room Tip: Just ask when you are booking - reservations are most helpful and will advise you.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Our favorite night's stay in Ireland!! Our room had wall to wall ceiling to floor windows overlooking the gardens. Our crisp, white duvets were about a foot thick. Great swimming pool (but beware...swim caps are compulsory) and the breakfast that was included was delish. GREAT location right in the thick of things. Great place to stay. bathroom was luxurious.

1  Thank swim1962
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stayed just one night in this hotel (last minute booking based on tripadvisor reviews) but it was the best sleep I got in Ireland. Since my other hotel was much more expensive (the Merrion), that's pretty impressive. The location can't be beat if you're traveling in this area as Adare is a cute little village with quite a bit of available shopping and sights to see in the area. I was able to book a junior suite for a great rate through booking.com on tripadvisor's check rates feature - 50 euro less than other sites. While the hotel may be dated in some areas, the room was huge and comfortable, the staff were friendly and solicitous, and the included breakfast had a large selection of both hot and cold foods. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in County Limerick. For me it was the end of a day on the Ring of Kerry before I headed back to Dublin.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed last weekend and had a really lovely stay. Food was excellent and room was huge with 4 poster bed and sitting area. The hotel has small private sitting rooms which would be perfect if you had a small group looking for somewhere private to gather. Staff are all handpicked and give an excellent service. Really lovely hotel and well worth a visit

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We celebrated our Dad's 80th birthday in the faboulous setting of the Dunraven Arms Hotel last Sunday .
The room setup, the great food ,the helpful and friendly staff made our day a great success and an occassion for us all to remember. This is definitely a venue for hosting those special occassions

Reviewed 21 March 2012

Ok I Need to be fair here, the staff were very friendly. ok that's said and it is clean!.....now..... I'm afraid this place brough up images of a nursing home, perhaps it is the random seating area's cornered off with the sort of walls and glass you see in nursing homes. Our rooom was of average standard - we were in a Junior Suite, but it needed a bit of TLC. There were grease marks from other guests heads on the four poster bed head rest, and when we arrived our pillows had no covers so we had to ring reception for some. Also for a price of 155 euro I was surprised to see that there was no tea making facilities. I really found it hard to justify what we spent......

Location is lovely, but all in all we did expect a lot more from this place, perhaps it was something special back in the day!

Room Tip: my mother stayed in a room that had newer furniture so ask for one that has been recently updated.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adare
Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel
#1 of 20 in Limerick
Limerick Strand Hotel
Limerick Strand Hotel
#3 of 20 in Limerick

Been to Dunraven Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!