Dunraven Arms Hotel
US$206
US$175
Travelocity
US$122
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,170 results
All reviewsjunior suitebeeffour poster bedhamdressing roomlovely hotelold worldhotel restaurantno tea coffee making facilitiesbeautiful villagelarge roombreakfast and dinnerold stylelarge weddingcomfortable roomstop classwedding reception
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2012

My wife and I spent 2 nights recently at the Dunraven Arms Hotel in Adare and it was a great experience from start to finish.
Our room was fantastic with a view of the beautiful gardens.
All the staff, from reception, bar and restaurant were both polite and professional in all matters.
Adare is a lovely town which is enjoyed by many overseas visitors and the Dunraven Arms is the ideal base for visiting the surrounding area.
We normally do not stay in Ireland for our holidays but based on our recent experiences we will consider staying at home in the future.
We will be back.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gerry M
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Have been aware of Dunraven for many years, but never stayed, familiar with Adare Manor, and Adare village. Hotel was pretty ok just. A real feeling of meaness throughout, breakfast in bed one slice of bacon, one sausages, mushrooms, and black and white pudding, toast and basket of 'in house bakery' but not enough butter for one slice of toast. Small average size pot of tea, so we had to ring down and wait for butter, boiling water and some more juice??? Don't know where you would find glasses as small for the orange juice, they were a little more than egg cups. Asked for cranberry juice and got grapefruit instead.. the junior suite just looked as though half the furniture had been taken out. No net/blinds on the window so you looked right into the gym at people literally looking straight in through the window. No bathrobes/slippers, toileteries really basic. Quite difficult to get a reply on the phone from reception and if there was the slightest query the answer was I will get the manager to contact you... the case in the morning I replied that I didn't really want to speak to him but would prefer just having the butter sent to the room?? A longish wait at reception also, invariably they were in the back, on the phone or dealing with other queries. Just a bit disappointing, and I would have expected an awful lot more of a four star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank brackenIreland
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed here for one night recently and would find difficulty in seeing it as a 4 star hotel. Our room was spacious and the breakfast was quite good with excellent service. However, there were a number of quibbles. There are no tea making facilities in the bedroom and our double bed was created by pushing two singles together. Service in the bar was slow and inefficient - an order for a black and a white coffee came as two black. We were also taken aback to hear a manager berate a staff member in front of us in the lobby area - very unprofessional.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dub24046
Reviewed 15 July 2012

The Dunraven is a fantastic hotel. I have stayed here twice in the past few months both times for weddings and I have to say I could not fault it. The service, the food, the rooms and the staff were all to such a high standard. At both weddings everyone commented on how attentive the staff were especially the lovely ladies who served the top table last Friday :) they were excellent. We found the food and service outstanding. Both times we stayed in lovely spacious rooms that were spotless. The town of Adare is lovely so this is a great base hotel. I feel I have to mention Gillian at reception she was so polite and helpful both times we stayed. I cannot praise her enough nothing was too much trouble for her and the Dunraven are lucky to have such a great member of staff on their front desk. So thanks to Gillian and all at the Dunraven for a great stay. I would highly recommend anyone visiting Limerick to stay here at this lovely hotel. Also if your interested in horse riding check out the Clonshire Equestrian centre nearby its a great place to go.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at Dunraven Arms Hotel for the first night of our honeymoon. We arrived in Ireland at 6:30am after travelling for nearly 24 hours. We were both exhausted and not looking forward to walking around the town without having a nap first. Our check in time was at 2pm but we thought we'd go ahead and ask about doing an early check in. The staff could not have been more helpful and accomodating. They said that we could absolutely check in early for no extra charge and set us up with breakfast while the staff arrived to get the room ready.

We had a delightful breakfast, in fact of the 5 hotels that we stayed in, Dunraven Arms had the best breakfast hands down. I even emailed the proprietor to find out how they prepared their scrambled eggs because they were so amazing. He was happy to oblige.

The rooms are beautiful and the beds are very comfortable. We could not have been more impressed. We would absolutely stay at this hotel again if we return to Adare.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple