“NO Disabled facilities at Dunraven Arms Hotel Adaire Co Limerick”

Dunraven Arms Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Adare
Reviewed 1 September 2012

ets of My husband and I stayed in Dunraven on the 3rd 4th and 5th August 2012. I have sent Reviews on the time that we spent there but they have been taken down. unfair as they were Honesy We told the Hotel when we made the booking directly over the phone that I have a walking Disability and we would require a room at a low or Ground level as i could not manage stairs! On Arrival the Porter led us up quite a dew flights of Stairs. He suggested that due to my inabulty to climb we should insist on another room. My Husband returned to reception and with Bad Grace we were given a room 8 I think it was which was at the top of two sets of Stairs. The four Poster Bed was too high to climb onto. It was SO hard and uncomfortable that it caused pain. I can honestly say that I did not sleep during my sojourn! The bath also was high with no safety handles. One tiny bar of soap was there for 2 Adults to use! After the cleaner had just been the toilet roll holder was empty and we had to ring Reception.!! Breakfast was very chaotic and very Average. Dinner in the dining Room was also unremarkable so we began to eat at other establishments.. The Wedding Reception was loveley and well catered. but our visit to Adaire will never be repeated. It is a pity that Disabled Guests are not forewarned of its lack of suitability when one is diabled. A lift may not be possible in an old Building but I would suggest at least a chairlift and Most of all a change of Beds. Nobody cares about 4 Posters when sleep or lack of it is at stake.. Yours M Beharry (marybeharry@gmail.com)

Room Tip: We were Never told that there was a Spa on the Premises however i soon found out that a Hairdresser...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,150)

Reviewed 31 August 2012

We stopped at the hotel for a friend’s wedding. The staff were very nice and friendly.
The room was ok and the four poster bed was good. Some little things annoyed me like no tea and coffee in the room. No bath robe. No tissues. I think for the price these little extras should have been there. The pool is small ish and I wouldn’t really have called it a Jacuzzi more a large step in the pool with a jet of water.
It was handy as the reception was at the hotel but from what others said the B&B in the area are very good and a lot cheaper.
Although the hotel was ok I don’t think it was very good value for money.

2  Thank Simon A
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We stayed 2 nights in a junior suite. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good, with lots of local food. Large parking available. Nice swimmingpool. It was very busy in the hotel, because of a wedding party, but service was ok.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

First of all, Adare is about the most perfect little quaint town in the entire world. Thatched roofs, every single building perfectly maintained. And the Dunraven is lovely. It is old and rambling and perhaps in some small ways is eccentric. For example to get to our room, we went upstairs (no lift), then wandered around hallways with more little ups and downs. But the room was lovely, the assistance with moving our bags, advice, and simple courtesy conversations was without fault. Dinner and breakfast both were top notch. And when we departed, there was no porter available, so the manager went to our room and hauled the heavy suitcase himself, and then chatted with us for quite a while, recommending a restaurant for the next leg of our visit. All in all, would highly recommend.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We spent our last night in Ireland here because of it's proximity to Shannon airport. I'm so glad we did. Dun raven Arms(auto correct would not let me spell correctly!)is a rambling old inn at the entrance to Adare from the south. A charming village that we didn't get to spend any quality time in. However, our junior suite was well-appointed and quite cozy. The only complaint is our room was as far as one could be from reception and this place is rambling! We had a stroll through town then went to bed early. We were able to order a room service continental breakfast for delivery about ten minutes after I called at 5:15. David brought it, I think he answered the phone when I called also. He was so nice and cute and breakfast was wonderful and the coffee hot. I need to mention we were greeted very graciously upon arrival also, and our bags delivered promptly. There is also a huge on site parking lot...very welcome when an American is driving in Ireland. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We stayed in the Dunraven in August 2012 . The hotel was busy but the service was excellent . The staff were very friendly and the overall atmosphere was relaxed and very comfortable . We stayed on a two night package and dinner was included . The meal was excellent and there was no set menu for the package deal , we dined from the A la carte . This was a pleasant surprise . Breakfast was in my opinion one of the best We have had . The selection available was a pure delight . I would recommend this hotel to anyone

Reviewed 26 August 2012

We recently had a wding in dare and decided to stayat the Dunraven Hotel and we were so delighted that we did. from the moment we checked in Staff's attention to etail and their sincere friendliness was very much in evidence. We even had a staff member who offered to take our bags upstairs. All this gave us teh feeling that we wee staying in a person's large regal house and thats the jewel of teh Dunraven Arms. situated in thre sleepy village of Adare the hotel gives you that homely atmosphere that you no longer get in the new celtic tiger hotels. The rooms were only magnifiicant, from the poster style beds with their fresh sheets and duvets to teh walk in dressing rooms or the comfy couch and Tv.
The bar is a great place for a light lunch (soups and sandwiches all fresh and home made.). the wedding dinner was by far the best i ve had in a long time. Each guest got a choice of how they liked their beef cooked. believe me they were cooked to perfection and as ordered.
A swim in the hotel's spa pool was a great way of freshening up after a night of food and dancing. The breakfast in the ode style restaurant was plentiful. (cloth napkins and table cloths no less on every table) But the piece de resistence was teh Shoulder of limerick harm which staff carved for the discerning guest.
In summary this hotel reflects the friendliness hospitality and excellent service that we see less often. The attention to detail and above all the cleanliness and location is an ideal spot for any couple exploring limerick and its environs. WE will be back!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adare
Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick
Limerick Strand Hotel
Limerick Strand Hotel
#3 of 20 in Limerick

Been to Dunraven Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!