“Wonderful Hotel.”

Dunraven Arms Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Adare
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I have stayed in the Dunraven Arms several times and it never disappoints . I love the welcome, the fires lighting , the warmth and friendliness of the staff, the lovely old furniture, the snug little sitting-rooms, the very comfortable large bedrooms, especially those overlooking the garden, as well as the excellent food , and that very exceptional Pinio Grigio of course ! Hope to return very soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Dunraven Arms Hotel

Reviewed 8 April 2013

returned and hotel continues to have a high standardfood excellent and staff helpful and friendly even with a large wedding on the friday and saturdaywhich did not effect others . watch out for 12 .5%service charge as we had paid for 2 nights b and b and 1 dinnerthe service charge was added to the wine we ordered. still will return again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed in the hotel for a single night while on a business trip.

I have not enjoyed and felt so at home in a hotel for a long time. Everything from the welcome, the warm fire in the hotel to the exceptionally large comfortable rooms was much more than I had expected.

I cannot recommend this hotel too much.

Great job

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Stayed here last week with our 3 children in adjoining rooms. The rooms are very very spacious with each having a king and single, sofa, dresser, desk, easy chairs, dressing room and bathroom - we could have fitted another family in there! The staff are lovely and there are various quiet drawingrooms dotted around the hotel with lit fires and lots of comfy seating to sit and relax. The breakfast is wonderful, a huge buffet of high quality food - big choice of fresh fruit, yoghurts, cereals, homemade breads, pastries, muffins, cooked breakfast items. The children were offered anything they wanted from the kitchen including pancakes and pots of hot chocolate in addition to the breakfast. I would highly recommend it if you are in the area, there is lots to do and see and the hotel is one you will want to go back to again and again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We again spent a few nights at this wonderful establishment. I don't think that it needs any more good reviews but such is the quality that I feel obliged to comment once more. From the time we arrived it was just sheer joy. The reception we got was as if we were known there for years. The dinner on the night we arrived was simply superb with the food quality surpassing all our expectations. The dinner was great but the breakfast was as good as I've ever had. This in my opinion is a faultless hotel.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper,ask for a room away from the front as it is a main thoroughfare in front.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Certainly the jewel in the crown of this hotel is the food. Our package included 2 dinners, and on each occasion it was exquisite. Not so easy to maintain any kind of rappore with the non irish waiting staff, but they were both friendly and attentive at all times during dinner, though not so during breakfast, when we were never informed by the breakfast staff about eggs to order.

Our junior suite was spacious with an extremely comfortable 4 poster bed, however if was directly across from the gym, where people using the treadmill could see into our room.

One day when going to take a shower before going out, I discovered that there was no water. Only 30 minutes after I had reported this to the receptionist, who apparently was unaware of the situation, and following a 2nd call, did a manager come to the room with an explanation. I fully understand that these things happen in hotels, but the obvious lack of communication between staff just helped to make a bad situation worse.

Upon check-out I discovered that I had been overcharged, and again, another receptionist, in between answering continuous phone calls, was having difficulty in tracing the problem. She finally called for the manager who, though immediately rectified the problem, was not about to offer an explanation until I asked for one.

With the exception of the restaurant, we found the staff throughout the hotel unfriendly and seemed only prepared to greet us after we had greeted them first. This even applied to a manager who passed us on our way to check out with bags in hand, when a simple 'goodbye' would be the least we could have expected.

Overall quite a disappointing experience compared to the hotels of similar rating we have stayed at during our many visits to Ireland.

And finally, a note to management....If you prefer not to provide tea making facilities in the room, a simple note card stating that these facilities are available on request would help.

Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed 28 March 2013

The Dunraven Arms Hotel in Adare had an offer price for two nights b&b and one dinner for two people sharing.
The room was capacious, the staff superb,
The Hotel does have an unfortunate association with fox hunting.
Breakfast was the best I have ever had in an hotel, with a plentiful choice of cereals fruit, eggs meats cheeses with biscuits flapjacks and scones and toast.
The evening food was mainly over complicated, expensive, with local meat and fish.
There is virtually nothing simple or nice to eat if you are vegetarian or vegan (who wants mushroom risotto or goats cheese?).
They will cook you something like an omelette which is not on the menu, and if you ask for extra vegetables - like potato or broccoli/cabbage they will make a fancy red cabbage with cinnamon and sliced boiled potatoes with cheese.
For me a great location and great service but the evening food was too fancy for non meat and fish people or people who like simple food.
The deal with two nights b&b and one evening meal was useful, and we actually stayed for 4 nights so we got two inclusive evening meals. One of the evening meals was counted initially when I just had soup and a roll as I was not feeling well.
This mistake was later rectified by staff when we checked out and queried the bill.

Room Tip: double room was vast and spacious with a king size and single in the room with sofa and large tv and...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adare
Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel
#1 of 20 in Limerick
Limerick Strand Hotel
Limerick Strand Hotel
#3 of 20 in Limerick

Been to Dunraven Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!