Dunraven Arms Hotel
US$106
Adare Camping and Caravan Park(Adare)(Great Value!)
US$24
US$170
US$117
US$113
1,175 results
All reviewsjunior suitebeeffour poster bedhamdressing roomlovely hotelold worldhotel restaurantno tea coffee making facilitiesbeautiful villagelarge roombreakfast and dinnerold stylelarge weddingcomfortable roomstop classwedding reception
Reviewed 18 September 2013

What a little gem this hotel is......from check in to check out a joy.........I take my hat off to the staff in the main restaurant, great to see a team enjoying their work it makes all the difference.
There was a local wedding the night we stayed there but the hotel had plenty of staff on to make everyone feel at home.
The bedrooms were simple with wonderful 4 poster beds, bright and quiet, no road traffic noise.
If I had a wish for the area it would be to make Adare village traffic free.
We will be back its great value for money and deserves support from us Irish.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Deirdre325
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The plus points of the hotel are the breakfast, the village of Adare itself (very pretty) the free and fast WIFI. The downside is that the rooms and common parts of the hotel are in need of redecoration. The reception area is also not fitting for a hotel of this calibre. It is small, cramped and chaotic.

I was travelling with family to a wedding closeby and was staying for 4 nights. I was allocated room 58 on check in. The room (very basic and with just a view of the roof) turned out to have issues with the heating, an iron that didn't work and more importantly a shower that didn't work either. I reported this to reception who said that they would look into it. I had to remind them the following day as I was going out. On my return they confirmed that the issues couldn't be fixed and by way of compensation I was to be moved to a Junior Suite. The room (105) although an improvement, was not luxurious. The sofa in the room was stained as was the carpet in places. The bathroom had limited toiletries, very basic towels and needed redecoration. I would have been very disappointed had I paid full price for this room. I have stayed in so much better for the same price.

The staff are friendly and helpful and the location is great, but the hotel has the potential to be so much better and for the price should be.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank KentLin
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Loved my stay at Dunraven Arms, which just oozes atmosphere, comfort, and old school luxury. Took my parents here to pamper them for a weekend and we were not disappointed. Obviously, the charming setting doesn't hurt, but trust me there is more. The suites are lovely, the many private yet public sittingrooms with fireplaces, the pool and fitness centre and the restaurant all make this place well worth a visit. There was a wedding on during my stay but this die not bother the other guests at all. Dinner was lovely, particularly the sweet teenage local girls waiting on the tables were very friendly and made us smile. Breakfast was fantastic, overall a very enjoyable stay and excellent value for money. Thank you for an unforgettable weekend with my parents!

Room Tip: Get a suite as this is well worth the money!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My husband and I decided to stay here on route to our weekend getaway in Kilarney. In heinsight we would have been better off had we continued on and not made a stop in this hotel. From the beginning we were greeted by a lovely girl at reception who told us she would check with a manager if there was room for us to stay that night. We were waiting 15 minitues before any manager came to calrify if there was any room available, the receptionist was very apologetic for the delay but the manager simply asked "is it for one night, yes?" my husband explain that we were just stopping in for the night on our way to Kilarney, and the manager replied "that's fine" and then directed the receptionist harshly to show us to the room, at this stage not only were we uncomfortable but so was the receptionist being harshly instructed to show us the available room. At this point we should have known not to stay but the room was nice and we were exhausted, There are NO tea and coffee making facilities in the room and the bathroom like was broken. Not what one would expect from a 4 star hotel. Breakfast in the morning was lovely and again the staff were hospitable, especially a lovely man with a northern Ireland accent, he went out of his way to assist my husband with his dietry requirements. However, upon checkout (the same receptionist was working again) she again was very polite however, the same manager was again at the reception desk and he was speaking to the receptionist while we were telling her about our stay and where we would travel that day. He was rude and very unprofessional and we felt as though we had been an inconvenience. Not something we have ever experienced in a 4 star hotel, especially from a young manager. The overall experience was one of negativity, and poor management led us to feel unwanted in the hotel. We will not return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Marie C
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Where do I start.the reception is a joke.very misleading to say the least.and then I'm told they don't take cash.only staying 1 night and don't process credit card.finally agreed after consulting with her manager.proceed to the bar were they have no beer mats.(there free from the breweries)I will be back again but only for the comfort of the room (105) but the overall service leaves a lot to be desired.

• Stayed: September 2013