“Gorgeous escape”

Dunraven Arms Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Adare
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stay here 2-3 times per year with work , and was reminded of how lovely it is when my Dad asked if he should stay , I then realised I had never reviewed the Dunraven. The staff are fabulously hospitable- nothing is too much trouble and the welcome is 5 star . Honestly - they go wild to spoil you rotten. The breakfasts are out of this world as is dinner (have never made it there for lunch), I adore the roaring log fires, huge rooms and old world - truly lovely , I can't recommend it more highly , and it fab value for the standard...

Room Tip: the old part of the hotel- rooms are HUGE !
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MaggieGlee

Reviewed 2 January 2014

If you are staying in Adare, the Dunraven Arms Hotel is an outstanding choice. The service is wonderful, the rooms are elegant and the food is scrumptious. The location on the main street provides easy access to every amenity in the town.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank aStoirin
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My fiancé & I have been here since Nov and having travelled all around the world for many years for my work and stayed in many hotels we have to say that this family run hotel has surpassed all our expectations! The Christmas programme was fantastic and we are looking forward to the New Years Eve party!!
A very big thank you to the Murphy family and all the staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert I
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Stayed over a after a wedding here and was impressed with every detail . The wedding food was fabulous. The room was spotless and comfy. The staff were pleasant. An enjoyable stay. I'll certainly consider it for a weekend break.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 11 December 2013

My wife and I attended a wedding on 7 Dec and stayed on an excellent value 2BB + 1 dinner package. What a wonderful experience!On check in at 8pm, the place bustling, on 6 Dec one of the hotel owners welcomed us and checked us in , bags brought to our room. That old fashioned charm and friendliness , warm feeling and wonderful cosy atmosphere was evident from the very beginning and we felt special throughout our stay.

Staff are clearly exceptionally well trained-EVERYONE, without exception greeted us wherever we went . Service in the restaurant, at the wedding reception , room service and cleaning staff was simply superb. The hotel is well -staffed, no feeling of any corners being cut, and this investment results in a superb experience for guests.

Food -dinner on Friday night, breakfasts both mornings,and the wedding -pre meal drinks / canapes and the wedding meal itself were absolutely delicious, piping hot (mains) , and everyone (about 160 people ) were all served at the same time-a magnificent achievement . Breakfast buffet is top quality and extensive (hot and cold), pure juices , and anything not at the buffet (eg porridge) were cooked to order.

The rooms are luxurious , spacious and very well appointed with good toiletries,ironing board , trouser press, exceptionally comfortable bed. No in -room tea/coffee making facility , but not a criticism as service is superb.Did not use the spa/ pool-but looked very inviting!

Adare village is quaint and atmospheric , and this modern but old established hotel plays its valuable part in creating/ maintaining this feeling and image

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2013

A last minute decision tured out to be a fantastic family break. We had heard many good things about the Dunraven Arms Hotel but we couldn't have imagined that it would be so good. The staff could not have been more helpful and my two little girls were treated like little princesses. It is an old world hotel which maintains its history but delivers exception value for money. Breakfast was amazing, dinner exceptional and definitely a place we will visit again and again. I would highly recommend this for any family.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank aclc2826
Reviewed 6 December 2013

What looks to be a Georgian building has a modern hotel behind it. My room has to have the most comfortable bed I have slept in for a long time. The service could not be faulted. The dinner was first rate. The only downside was that my room looked a little tired. Some paintwork needed patching and the wooden bathroom floor had suffered from some water spilling over from the bath tub. Not the best of the best but very very good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GastronomeUK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adare
Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel
#1 of 20 in Limerick
Dromoland Castle Hotel
Dromoland Castle Hotel
#1 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus

Been to Dunraven Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!