“A Very comfortable place to stay!!”

Dunraven Arms Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Adare
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights.Staff are wonderful, If you hesitate even for a second they ask how can they help. Food delicious, Location superb and made a great base to venture out. Hotel quaint with old world furniture with all the comfort you could wish for. Room was large and airy and the bed was probably the most comfortable I have ever slept in. In short a joy to visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,150)

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Stayed here again, I've been a consistent visitor over the years. Check in was slick & pain free & was in Room 51 which I have been in before & is large & well finished with a separate walk in wardrobe & bathroom area. One area of criticism is the rusty shower rail which sticks out a bit in an otherwise very nice bathroom.
We were late arriving & we had asked that the kitchens be kept open for us which they had. The menu was interesting although I would criticise the starters, 2 lots of offal as starters is not good, as I hate kidney & liver. And unfortunately the smoked salmon which would have been my first choice had all gone. The main which was lamb was very nice & there was no room for a dessert. Food costs are highish but to be honest food is never cheap in Ireland.
I slept very well aided by the wine & G & T. Breakfast was lovely as always with a great range of fruit & the cooked breakfast is always great. The bacon in particular being very tasty. Check out was painless & aside from the rain which is ever present in Ireland the stay was great.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My husband and I recently visited the Dunraven hotel on a passing trip to Killarney. We were taken back by the standard of food and the exceptional service. I have to mention a girl called Sarah. She is a credit to this hotel. It is nice to get a service with a smile which is not always the case in this industry. Hopefully we will be back soon!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

We had heard so many good things about the hotel that when we walked in and saw this ageing, a bit shabby maze of rooms and corridors we were disappointed to say the least.
Our one-night stay was pleasant, the room clean and the bed very comfortable, but we found that everything looks old and not in the charming kind of way.
We just couldn't see what visitors and prize-givers see in this place.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marla7
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We were recently invited to a birthday party at Dunraven Arms hotel. The food, wine and service at dinner were excellent. We stayed overnight in a very comfortable old world junior suite with a four poster bed. My goodness we almost felt like royalty! Well that is the overall feeling about this hotel. The guests are treated royally. The breakfast the following morning was also very good in such relaxed surroundings where birthday party guests mingled with the remnants of a wedding party. The hotel reflects the old world charm of the village of Adare giving one the opportunity to get away to an older quieter pace of a bygone era. If you haven't been there, it's well worth a visit even just for afternoon tea.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank John B
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Great hotel - don't hesitate to stay here. The hotel was bright and clean and friendly and just wonderful. Breakfast was incredible and the staff was very accommodating. Can't wait to return. Adare is a beautiful town and well worth a visit while in Ireland. Be sure to check out Clarina Equestrian Center if interested in taking a horseback riding trek to an abandoned castle during your stay. It was a highlight of our trip!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nanachelle
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stay here 2-3 times per year with work , and was reminded of how lovely it is when my Dad asked if he should stay , I then realised I had never reviewed the Dunraven. The staff are fabulously hospitable- nothing is too much trouble and the welcome is 5 star . Honestly - they go wild to spoil you rotten. The breakfasts are out of this world as is dinner (have never made it there for lunch), I adore the roaring log fires, huge rooms and old world - truly lovely , I can't recommend it more highly , and it fab value for the standard...

Room Tip: the old part of the hotel- rooms are HUGE !