“Lovely Hotel with great staff”

Dunraven Arms Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Adare
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed here for a friends wedding. Food was excellent and the staff were fantastic. The rooms are very nice especially in the old part of the hotel.

Parking can be a problem if there is a big event on.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Cannot say enough good things about this place. The staff are responsive and helpful. The facility has everything you might need. The rooms are large and the beds amazing. We were Fox Hunting so we arrived with a very muddy kit. They did the laundry, cleaning and even dried and polished our boots the same day. The bar and restaurant have amazing meals. There is a full fitness center including massages. They have the warmest rooms in the republic and quickly make the room up while you are away. I have stayed in 5 star establishments that did not compare.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JTK K
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed here recently with family for my second time. This hotel is a great for a nice relaxing break. The rooms and beds are large and luxurious. Had the best nights sleep ever in this hotel. Breakfast fantastic freshly carved ham recommended. Overall big thumbs up and we will be back. Good value for the a top end hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank trickih
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This was not our first visit to the Dunraven Arms and I'm delighted to report that it consistently delivers on quality and service. Once again, the staff were friendly and welcoming. There is a certain old school charm when it comes to the Dunraven Arms. They do things right.
We enjoyed a relaxing dinner in the Maigue Restaurant. Their famous roast beef is hard to beat. Breakfast was lovely too - lots of choice. I love their raisin flapjacks. For a midweek stay, there was a lovely atmosphere in the hotel. Our bedroom, #70 overlooking the garden was very clean and spacious. Promised myself that next time I visit it will be for 2 nights!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights.Staff are wonderful, If you hesitate even for a second they ask how can they help. Food delicious, Location superb and made a great base to venture out. Hotel quaint with old world furniture with all the comfort you could wish for. Room was large and airy and the bed was probably the most comfortable I have ever slept in. In short a joy to visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Stayed here again, I've been a consistent visitor over the years. Check in was slick & pain free & was in Room 51 which I have been in before & is large & well finished with a separate walk in wardrobe & bathroom area. One area of criticism is the rusty shower rail which sticks out a bit in an otherwise very nice bathroom.
We were late arriving & we had asked that the kitchens be kept open for us which they had. The menu was interesting although I would criticise the starters, 2 lots of offal as starters is not good, as I hate kidney & liver. And unfortunately the smoked salmon which would have been my first choice had all gone. The main which was lamb was very nice & there was no room for a dessert. Food costs are highish but to be honest food is never cheap in Ireland.
I slept very well aided by the wine & G & T. Breakfast was lovely as always with a great range of fruit & the cooked breakfast is always great. The bacon in particular being very tasty. Check out was painless & aside from the rain which is ever present in Ireland the stay was great.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My husband and I recently visited the Dunraven hotel on a passing trip to Killarney. We were taken back by the standard of food and the exceptional service. I have to mention a girl called Sarah. She is a credit to this hotel. It is nice to get a service with a smile which is not always the case in this industry. Hopefully we will be back soon!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adare
Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel
#1 of 20 in Limerick
The Savoy Hotel
The Savoy Hotel
#4 of 20 in Limerick

Been to Dunraven Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!