“Just amazing, really friendly staff and great servise.”

Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Adare
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Just amazing, really friendly staff and great servise.”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Wow I just love the woodlands hotel, I live close to the establishment and go there for a delicious dinner every once in a while. I am always pleased with the excellent service and friendly staff, the building is lovely and very beautiful inside and out! I have only stayed there once, but if asked I would straight away pack my bags and go again. I was told that the wedding suite was lovely too! All in all the woodlands is an amazing restaurant/hotel and if I could I would rate it five stars!

• Stayed October 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We had a family weekend in this hotel, there were 14 of us in total. We were warmly welcomed to the hotel, the rooms are ok but the lighting is extremely poor - no central room light. Mixed reviews for food, we ate in the bistro on the first night and had dinner in the dining room on Saturday night. Some of the food we felt was over priced and did not deliver on expectations e.g. Trio of Canteloupe and Pineapple with Vodka Jelly - it was predominantly pineapple with very little else. My husband found the steaks poor (on both nights) finding that they were not up to standard. The scallops were somewhat rubbery but the rest of the meal was enjoyable. The owners are very visible and enquiring of all guests how they were enjoying their stay. I must compliment their fantastic spa, it is one of the most luxurious we have ever been in versus 5* hotels. The staff were wonderful and I would highly recommend a luxurious treatment. However, I would say to look at your bill before you leave, we were double charged for wine, despite we had all of the receipts to show what we had purchased they demanded we pay for it. The hotel was extremely busy for the weekend wiith weddings/communions/parties. It is a real family hotel, for a 3* hotel it was good value but as a couple we would not return.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
ireland
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We had our wedding here in june. Im not a local girl but fromthe first time i stepped foot in this hotel it was like being welcomed back home! The staff are totally amazing and so friendly and eager to go above and beyond , nothing is too much trouble for anyone here. Our entire wedding planning experience from day one was totally stress free and i know a large part of that is a direct result of the team here. I stayed here the night before the wedding with all my family and got hair and make up in revas spa. I know they deal with 100s of brides all year but it really felt like all the staff were caught up in my excitement and that meant so so much. My family were thrilled with the entire set up, the rooms the best wedding meal in ireland i might add, the patience and kindness displayed by all staffespecially with young children. I love this place for dinner at timmy macs, cant wait to try new restaurant & the spa is world class! My only regret is its only 15 mins away from our new home so we will probably never get to stay the night again! If you want someplace thats worth the time and effort and expense of leaving your own home and want amazing service and a real welcome then head here. If you want something cold and impersonal go somewhere else, this is home!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank blondepc
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2012

The experience we had at our wedding party at the Woodlands Hotel on 24th June 2012, was outstanding. The attention to every last detail and even some last minute changes were all done so easily and smoothly I felt no stress whatsoever. Elaina and David helped us so much along the way, they are like wedding planners and hotel managers rolled into one. The food on our Buffet was phenomenal, so much selection and the quantity was unbelievable and then the roast pig on the spit and Bbq later just about finished everyone off! We found every single member of staff very pleasant, helpful and all seemed happy to be there - despite being at work! The bridal suite was beautiful and we were spoiled with baskets of fruit, chocolate strawberries, a champagne breakfast delivered to our door, and with it being a Monday the next day, we were not rushed out of our room and so had a leisurely time at the spa and health club - it was the perfect day. I could not speak more highly of the team at The Woodlands, we were made to feel like celebrities for a day - thank you so much.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Eva M
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 29 June 2012

My wife and I and our two young sons (one aged 2 and the other just 3 months) have just returned from a three night stay (booked through supervalu breaks) at this Hotel and we were very pleasantly surprised by our stay.
First of all on arrival we were two hours early but that was no problem to Jackie who was a very friendly and capable receptionist (you would get the impression with Jackie that nothing would be a problem for her). We were given a non smoking room with two beds (one large double) and a cot plus a DVD player with childrens dvd's were immediately dispatched to the room despite that fact that i had forgotten to request them in advance!
The room was very spacious and the beds were incredibly comfortable. Breakfast is varied, with healthy options (not for me on a break!) and a delicious fresh hot buffet! All the food was of a high quality and the breakfast room is a pleasure to dine in. The food (from bar food to restaurant) is very good and we ate here most days.
The leisure centre has a very user friendly swimming pool which we used daily and it was spotlessly clean. That theme of clenliness was evident throughout the Hotel. the staff couldnt have been more helpful. the only surprise is that this hotel is only a three star but that wont be for long im sure.
We will be back.
Oh, and forgot to mention that Adare is beautiful too!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Frank H
Offaly
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a weekend and i have to say it was a great stay, the staff were very
friendly and welcoming. We had breakfast and dinner there and the food was excellent. The
room was lovely and very comfortable. Unfortunately we didnt get chance to try out the spa but
we will next time because we will definitely be back. Great hotel and great staff. Thanks for
a lovely weekend.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Antoinette D
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 20 June 2012 via mobile

Met up at 18.30 with about 40 others to try the new menu tasting.
On arrival we were greeted by Jason , mary & the bistro manageress, red , White wine or juice was offered.
We sampled 6 starters, gluten free options & vegetarian options incl.
We rated them out of 10, all scored higher than 8.
Mains were next , again a great choice of meat , fish & veg options, all scored highly I must say.
Onto desserts next ,again great choices but my fave have to be the seasonal berries on lemon curd with sweetened vanilla cream.
Well done to the woodlands team
Can't wait for this menu to be available in the bistro!!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank dgosul
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adare
Dunraven Arms Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bunratty
Limerick Strand Hotel
Limerick Strand Hotel
#3 of 20 in Limerick

Been to Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel? Share your experiences!