“A Hotel That Feels Like a B&B”

Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Adare
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My family stayed here for 3 nights- and definitely could have stayed longer. Our suite was huge and had an attached twin room for my daughters.

The staff went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect. When the launderette was closed in Adare and we needed a few pair of jeans washed, they did them in the hotel laundry, complimentary. When my daughter mentioned to a staff member that she was sure faeries lived on property, we returned to find a note and faerie dust scatted across the twin room.

We took advantage of the Kids Club - the girls did the kids gym session while I pampered myself with a pedicure in the Revas Spa.

Breakfast was included in our stay and the buffet was terrific. I really loved that there were choices in eggs (not just scrambled) and everything was kept fresh.

We enjoyed dinner in Timmy Mac's Bistro on property one night. It was an unforgettable meal which included Black Pudding wrapped in Crispy Bacon and Chicken Breast stuffed with Black Pudding (I do like black pudding)...

Not a budget stay, but definitely recommended for families looking for a hotel to remember.

Room Tip: All rooms are large, but if money allows choose an Executive Suite.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
SWoodlands, Owner at Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Hello,

Thank you very much for posting such a heartfelt review of our hotel. We are delighted to learn that you and your daughters had an enjoyable and memorable stay at our hotel and that you would recommend our hotel to other families.

We are particularly delighted that the little things that our team do went beyond your expectations whether it was the fairies visiting or with our reception team members facilitating the laundering of your clothes.

Thanks also for your kind compliments on our breakfast experience. We have changed some aspects of this in recent times so we are glad to observe that it is being well received.

Thanks also for your positive review of Timmy Mac's Bistro. Our pudding is sourced from a local family named the Brouders and it is a firm favourite throughout our hotel.

We are equally delighted your girls enjoyed our free Woodies kids club and the kids gym. We hope you were equally relaxed in our Revas Spa.

Thanks again for your lovely review. We look forward to welcoming you and your family in the near future. Please let us know when you are planning your next visit and we will endeavour to provide you with a room upgrade with our compliments.

Thanking you again for your review and for your visit. It is appreciated.
Kind regards

Elaina Fitzgerald and family

Write a ReviewReviews (1,766)

Reviewed 24 July 2013

When at a pub in Galway we told someone we were staying in Adare and they remarked, "God's waiting room???" Enough said. We were definitely the youngest folks at the hotel, next to the staff. (We're in our late thirties...) If I was with my parents, I'd stay here. With my partner? No. We checked out early and headed to Galway.

Otherwise, the grounds are lovely. The staff was wonderful, just not our idea of a vacation spot. Rooms are a bit old- they're in the process of remodeling.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
SWoodlands, Owner at Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Hello,

Many thanks for your review. We appreciate that you commented very favourably on our wonderful staff and the grounds of the hotel. We also appreciate that you remarked our ongoing refurbishment of our bedroom areas.

We are disappointed that despite all these positives, you only rated our hotel with three stars even though clearly your issue is not with our hotel but the larger hinterland of Adare.

We are genuinely sorry that you do not appreciate what we consider to be our vibrant village of Adare. As natives, we feel spoiled with the abundance of shops and activities in our area as well as its great heart. As a village that enjoys many repeat visitors and particularly families, we hope that in time you may have a more favourable opinion of the village that we are proud to call our home.

Thanking you for your feedback. If in time, you consider staying in Adare again, please let us know and we will endeavour to provide you with a better experience of our village.

Elaina Fitzgerald Kane

Reviewed 22 July 2013

My wife and I stayed overnight in the WoodlandsHotel.
We dined in the Fieldings Restaurant. We enjoyed the food..............Venison and Salad for starters. For main courses we had Aengus Steak and Hake.
The dessert of Lime Cheesecake was nice, but we did not think it was prober cheesecake.
Coffee finished off a lovely meal.
We used the very long swimming pool and found it great.
I would recommend the Woodlands to anyone looking for comfort and good service.

Room Tip: Bring your own towel with you when visiting the swimming poool
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
SWoodlands, Owner at Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Hello,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. Our guests' feedback is important to us. We are delighted to learn that you had a great stay with us in our hotel.

We are also very pleased that you experienced our new fine dining restaurant ‘Fieldings of Adare. Just to mention that we make all items from scratch in our pastry kitchen for dessert so we are surprised to learn that you did not consider it to be 'Proper'.

We also appreciate your comments on our award winning Leisure club which really is a superb facility.

Above all, we would like to thank you for recommending us. Please let us know when you are planning your next visit and we will endeavour to provide an upgraded bedroom with our compliments.

Thanking you for staying with us and for your most favourable review.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night on a stopover on our way to Killarney. The room was ready on arrival (early afternoon) and check in was smooth and hassle free. There is ample car parking in a private secluded area. There are two eating options, the Bistro or the more formal restaurant. The Bistro was busier but we ate in the restaurant, Looking at both menus I am of the opinion that the restaurant offered better value for money that the bistro. Self service breakfast was also excellent. Would recommend. I used the very well equipped gym a couple of times, everything you would need is there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
SWoodlands, Owner at Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Hello,

Many thanks for taking the time to post such a lovely review of our hotel. We value each of our guest's feedback.

We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us in our hotel. We are delighted that your check in was smooth. Private car parking is one of the many great facilities in our hotel and sometimes we forget, the great benefit of this facility.

We are equally delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience in Fieldings of Adare as well as your breakfast experience.

We are also delighted you enjoyed our award winning leisure club.

We would like to thank you for recommending our hotel. Please let us know if you are planning another visit and we will provide you with some treats with our compliments.

Thanks again. We appreciate your business and your recommendation!

Elaina and Fitzgerald family

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Really enjoyed my stay in this hotel.

There was a wedding on the evening I arrived. I was offered a choice of rooms as I was told that noise could be an issue, but I didn't mind the noise (the band sounded really good!)

Quite a nice homely feel to the hotel, there were people sitting outside the front enjoying a drink when I arrived. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The reception area is very inviting. The hotel is a little dated but it adds to its charm. The room for the wedding looked fabulous with really glamorous lighting.

There was no aircon which was disappointing but they did supply me with a fan for my room. The room was huge and it had a lovely couch facing the tv which I really appreciated as I had to work on my laptop. There was complimentary wi-fi which was great. The room was very clean and the bed was huge.

The breakfast was ok. I felt there wasn't much of a choice though. There was a small sideplate with a selection of cheeses and ham that looked like it was sitting there all week and there were no pastries at all. There were no fried eggs left and the scrambled eggs were sitting in a liquid that was a little off putting but they tasted good.

I didn't want to leave the hotel, there was a lovely atmosphere and nice little touches like pots of home made jam sold in the reception area.

Whilst I was visiting on business, I would definitely like to return on leisure.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Hello,

We would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post such a great review of our hotel. We are delighted that you considered our hotel to be charming and homely.

Just to say at the outset that we value each of our guest’s feedback very highly as this has been the bedrock of our 30 years of success.

We are delighted to learn that you experienced a warm welcome on your arrival to our hotel. We are pleased that you appreciated the spaciousness of our rooms and the efficiency of our wifi.

Just to mention that Timmy Mac's offers in excess of 50 items for breakfast service. However, if there is a specific item or items that you would like to see included on your next visit, please let me know and we will endeavour to prepare the same for you. Just to note that we try and cook fried eggs to order as much as possible so that explains why there may have been none ready when you were dining. We would have been more than happy to cook them freshly for you. The cheese and meat platter is prepared every morning for service but we appreciate that it may not be everyone's choice. I am surprised that there were no pastries available and I can only deduce that they may have proven to be exceptionally popular that morning which may have resulted in them not being available whilst we baked more. Please accept our apologies for the same.

We would like to thank you for staying in our hotel. We appreciate the review submitted and the learning opportunity afforded to us. Please let us know when you are planning your next visit whether on business or for leisure and we will endeavour to provide you with a room upgrade with our compliments.

Thanking you again

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I hadn't been to Woodlands House for a number of years, I'd had a good impression of it from my last visit but sometimes when you go back to a place for a second time it can be different.
I needn't have worried! Woodlands still has the same exceptional family welcome that I remembered from the last time. From the moment you step inside the door you feel welcome.
They have done some facelifts to the hotel since I have been there and I have to say I really liked what they have done. The lobby is a gorgeous open space.

My room was huge with lots of windows and plenty of light coming into the room. The beds were amazingly comforable, I'm told down to the mattress toppers that they have there. Must be true as I slept great!

And so on to the Spa!!! Wow! They didnt have this the last time I was there and I was super impressed. Its huge! We had the Rasul Mud treatment and then the thermal suite experience afterwards. The girls in the spa were very welcoming and attentive. It was such a lovely experience to be outdoors in the hot tub in the sun in Ireland! We then spent a bit of time in the relaxation areas afterwards with a lovely fruit smoothie and some fruit skewers. If you're in the hotel I would recomment you make some time to visit the spa. They also have a hairdressers there too.

For dining there are two options in the hotel - Timmy Macs and Fieldings of Adare. open all day Timmy Macs is a more casual experience but with great food. My friend and I had lunch there and there was a great selection - and these guys do big portions of everything! Its also super child friendly too. We ate in Fieldings in the evening and had a lovely meal there - my friend and I both had the salmon and crab starter and for mains I had the Hake and she had chicken. As it was a scorcher of an evening we asked if we could take our dessert out the front and sit outside and so we did and sat there till the sun went in.,

All in all, a totally relaxing experience and even though I was only away for a night it felt like more than that. I would definitely recommend Woodlands House to anyone looking to stay in Adare. Its also a great base for touring and is not far from Shannon Airport. I can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Liz

Many thanks for taking to time to submit such a comprehensive and favourable review of our hotel. We really appreciate you taking the time to visit our hotel and for the feedback received.

Your review is particularly pleasing as you hadn't visited in a while so you noticed so many of the changes and refurbishments that we made to our hotel. We are glad that you perceived that the same family friendly ethos remains at the heart of our hotel.

Thanks also for your very kind comments on the standard of our bedrooms. We were delighted to note also that you enjoyed your sleep experience.

We were also pleased to learn that you enjoyed your dining experiences in both of our restaurants Timmy Mac's Bistro and Fieldings, our newer fine dining Restuarant.

Thanks also for your feedback regarding revas spa. We also appreciate that it is a seven day oasis of relaxation.

Liz, we very much appreciate your feedback. As our local tourism and road network has developed, we have made a considerable investment into our hotel from a physical and staffing perspective. It is rewarding that this is noticed and has lead to an enhanced stay in our region.

Please don't let it be so long before you visit again. We are looking forward to your next visit already.

Elaina Fitzgerald Kane and family

Reviewed 18 July 2013

From the second I walked into this hotel I was greeted by a lovely worker who even wished my grandmother a happy birthday as we were celebrating her 80th birthday. The staff were nothing but courteous to our needs even if we wanted something that wasn't on the menu. The appearance of the hotel is fabulous and spotlessly clean!
The staff who served us in the ball room were second to none, 110% customer care! They were so nice and even had time for our silly little jokes, My grandparents are regularly at this hotel and they went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. I look forward to another weekend break there :) Highly highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Hello,

Many thanks for taking the time to submit such a favourable review. We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your grandmother's 80th birthday celebration and more importantly that she enjoyed this wonderful occasion.

We really appreciate your comments on our staff. We try very hard to give more than 100% to all of our guests so it is very rewarding when this is noticed. We also appreciate your comments on the cleanliness of our hotel.

Please let us know when you are planning your next weekend in Adare and we will endeavour to provide a treat with our compliments.

Elaina Fitzgerald Kane and family

Also consider these accommodations in or near Adare
Dunraven Arms Hotel
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick
Bunratty Castle Hotel
Bunratty Castle Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bunratty

Been to Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel? Share your experiences!