“Wedding night ”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Adare
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Wedding night ”
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

I booked this location for myself and wife to stay, the surroundings looked very well and intrance looked lovely.
My wife and I proceeded to book in early due to having to get ready for a wedding. What seemed to be reception was a very busy receptionist answering the phone at the same time! Have to let us wait. We went to the wedding and came back late, looking forward to breakfast in bed. It arrived on time with no drama and I got a full irish breakfast. I tasted to black pudding I thought it was a little sour. And left it to one side. After breakfast we got ready to booked out and within 20 mins I had and upset stomach. Maybe it wasn't the black pudding, but my wife didn't eat any. That's about as much as I can say. For anyone wishing to go there I'd recommend tea and toast!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I've been a customer of the Woodlands for years and its many things that bring me back- the amazing food, the service and all around welcoming atmosphere. I meant to do this review months ago but as I'm booking for this year I thought I would relay my experience at Christmas time last year.

Every Christmas 22 of my cousins get together for a day at the races and go for a meal and a few drinks afterwards. Rather last minute (we booked on the way to the hotel), we arrived at Timmy macs bistro to be greeted by a big open fire and a lovely smiley waitress, who was really helpful when we tried to squeeze a few more people onto the table.

We had starters, mains, deserts and drinks, everything was absolutely top class. Members of the Fitzgerald family came to check if we were okay and were very attentive to everything we needed. We arrived a 4pm and we left the hotels bar at 2am the following morning. We had such a good time, we didn't want to leave.

Thanks to the Fitzgerald family for a lovely evening. We're looking forward to seeing you again on the 27th.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
limerick ireland
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Love the woodlands the spa is to die for food is fab fab fab home made jam and scones are heaven nom also staff are really nice and helpful it's such a homely place rooms are nice and clean. Really recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
clare
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The overall staff and food were lovely but room service was very poor we got differant stuff which we had wrote on door hanger,hot food was dry,cold and just terrible we got no milk either,cannot fault the hotel for anything else but room service was horrible and all wrong .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We (my husband and I and 3 children) stayed at the Woodlands for two nights over the Halloween break. The hotel is very family friendly and we had a very enjoyable stay. The staff at reception were very helpful and efficient during our stay. Our room was comfortable and large enough to accommodate a family. There was a Halloween party for the kids which was very well organised by enthusiastic and friendly staff. The kids really enjoyed it. There was also a kids club which was very good and the staff running it had lots of ideas for entertaining the kids. Breakfast was very good. In all the Woodlands was good value for money and a very good destination for a family break. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank M M
limerick
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Visited here on the October bank holiday weekend. What a lovely homely hotel. The staff were friendly and professional. Had breakfast in Timmy MC's bistro and by far one of the best buffet breakfasts I've experienced. The food was fresh and plentiful. A lovely weekend had by all. This hotel is well worth a visit if your visiting the area

• Stayed October 2013
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We recently celebrated a 60th birthday in the woodlands hotel. From the original booking, everything was perfect. We had a private room for ten adults and ten kids which was beautifully decorated and laid out.. The kids were thrilled as there was a slide and toys in the room for them to play with.The kids were looked after first and were then taken to the kids club for an hour which allowed us adults to really enjoy our meal. The food was superb, as was the service. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, nothing was a problem. We thoroughly enjoyed our celebration.

• Stayed November 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adare
Dunraven Arms Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bunratty
Dromoland Castle Hotel
Dromoland Castle Hotel
#1 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus

Been to Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel? Share your experiences!