Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel
US$99
US$105
Adare Camping and Caravan Park(Adare)(Great Value!)
US$23
US$94
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
1,861 results
All reviewsrevas spatimmy macskids clubfitzgerald familythermal suitewedding receptionleisure centretop classwould highly recommend this hotelfamily breakexcellent hotelfunction roomfrom start to finishstaff were so friendlywedding guestsfood was amazingwedding venue
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I went here recently with a family group of 8 with ages ranging from 6 to 78 and all of us without exception were delighted with the fresh, flavoursome food which we received. The staff were friendly and the atmosphere homely and welcoming. I can't wait to return for my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
SWoodlands, Manager at Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Many thanks for posting such a very kind review of our Timmy Macs Bistro. Our guests feedback has been the bedrock of our success over the last 30 years.

We are so pleased to hear that you and your guests were delighted with the food that you received during your visit. We focus on giving all of our guests the most enjoyable experience from beginning to end and for all ages. Fresh Irish Food, locally grown and scoured is key to what the Bistro is about.

The staff are a valuable asset in our hotel and we are delighted that you experienced our friendly and welcoming staff during your stay.

Thank you once again for your kind words. We hope to see you again very soon.

Kind Regards,
Elaina Fitzgerald

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I was wedding planner for my friends' wedding at this hotel, so was in meetings with the event manager over a few months, and I would highly recommend having a wedding here - Elaina was professional, friendly, helpful and went the extra mile for my friends getting married on more than one occasion, vastly reducing my stress levels! Also very good flexibility in terms of the wedding packages on offer. All of the staff I dealt with were very friendly, helpful, flexible and willing to meet our frequent and often last-minute requests, doing whatever they could to give the Bride & Groom whatever they wanted. I was very impressed by this.
This hotel also has a strong family ethos at its core (the senior staff are all Fitzgerald family members) and has a very relaxed/accommodating approach to kids and have facilities such as leisure centre with pool and even organised kids play sessions! Breakfast was served in a homely, comfortable “country kitchen” themed room with a lovely large (lit) open fire and had a good selection of both continental and traditional Irish cooked options. The dinner served at the wedding was delicious and portions were generous, our main meal also came with a great variety of side options.
I took advantage of the full service spa the morning after the wedding, and my experience there was one of the best I've ever had. Having just overseen a wedding at 8-months pregnant, I was exhausted and the maternity massage I had was exactly what I needed. My therapist was great, and despite the fact that I got there late, my treatment time wasn't cut short. Furthermore, I didn't feel rushed out afterward (which you can sometimes feel at a day spa); instead I was brought to a peaceful tented off area with comfy daybeds, fruit skewers and the most delicious fruit smoothie I have ever tasted. Plush robes, heated slippers at the end of the treatment, and even complimentary use of cleansers and toners are part of the extra touches that made it feel special.
Make no mistake, this is not an ultra modern hotel - you will have an old CRT TV in your room and there are no lifts. This country hotel has an "old-world" feel with bags of charm, picturesque setting, good attention to detail and excellent service from staff, which is also very important to me as a guest, and I found the whole experience very refreshing. If you can live with plasma TVs and lifts, this place is highly recommended.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are a good walk away up stairs and with no lifts - not great if you're carrying bags (though staff are very happy to do this for you). I was 8-months pregnant so would have liked a nearer room to the function room the wedding was in, but although they were happy to move me, it meant downgrading my room so I left it. Just good to know. As said above, expect older style TVs etc.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We just stayed here recently for a winter wedding. The setting is picturesque. The drive way up had beautiful flames and the general feel upon arrival was warm and welcoming. There is plenty of parking. The reception is unusual in that is more of a desk then a counter but I guess this is a less formal, friendlier option. our room was upstairs, it was large, spacious and comfortable.

Some things I didn't like were; the fact that there is no lift and the stairs up to the room is very steep and has a very loose banister. The staff were more then willing to carry luggage up but I thought it was a little unsafe given how steep it is. The breakfast room felt a bit like a bar more so than place for eating breakfast. Breakfast was very slow as people had to wait for what seemed like the slowest toaster ever- might be worth investing in a better model and also a suggestion would be that people not choosing the Irish breakfast could get their options at a different section as opposed to having to wait to get fruit etc.

It is very spacious with an option to sit out in a smaller room, which we did. The staff are very friendly and helpful, this stems across all staff from cleaning staff to bar staff to waiting staff and really adds to the overall impression of the hotel.

The function room was lovely, very well laid out, bar staff were efficient as were waiting staff. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here for a weekend break, as I don't feel it's the kind of hotel you would want to stay in for the weekend but as a base from which to travel or a country escape on your travels, it is a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a downstairs room as it is easier to get to. If you are elderly or have trouble walking then definitely choose downstairs.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We had our Christmas party night at the woodlands. The package we got was excellent. From the moment we arrived we were made welcome and the service we received was great. For these of us that stayed the night the rooms were clean and top class and the breakfast the following morning was great. I can not recommend this place enough great staff and location and the service is top class

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We attended a wedding here but were not overly impressed with it, the hotel it looks like needs a makeover there is no reception desk just a table and chair which looked strange. The food was nice but the meat was not piping hot like I would have liked it and there was no seconds like there was at other weddngs I attended. We didnt stay over night so I cant comment on the rooms etc but there was good cap parking and lovely nice drive into the hotel off the main road.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
SWoodlands, Manager at Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Firstly I would like the thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We are surprised to learn of your comments. Our lobby area was completely refurbished this year and we are inundated with fantastic comments about our festive trees and decorations. This week, we painted our main Fitzgerald Suite so our wedding facilities are gleaming. In fact only last week, a member of a local band told us that our hotel lobby is the most impressive in the region and it is easy to see why we are so popular as a venue given how we continuously invest in our hotel and specifically our wedding facilities. Therefore, your comments are completely like a bolt out of the blue.

We always offer seconds. This is always done by our family and our senior managers. We can only assume that you were not at the table when these were offered.

It is important to note that your feedback is also not consistent with that of the bride and groom whose wedding you attended and the other guests at the wedding but needless to say that we will take it on board.

Wishing you a good Christmas.

Elaina Fitzgerald,