“Excellent Wedding Venue” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Red Deer, Canada
“Excellent Wedding Venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

My husband and I had had our wedding reception at Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel. We simply could not have been happier with how the day went.

As a wedding venue the Woodlands is second to none. From the first day with met with Elaina we knew that we had made the right choice. No task was too big and none too small and Elaina was always available if we had any questions or needed anything from her. Her customer service is out of this world and I cannot recommend her enough.

We have been to the hotel on many occasions before and after the wedding and we have always had a wonderful reception and the service is consistently of such a high quality.

The guests at our wedding were amazed by, not only the efficient service, but the friendliness of all the staff and the unbelievable quality of the food. We cannot praise the food enough and everyone got more than they could manage.

We hope to celebrate many more occasions with Elaina and all of the staff at the Woodlands for years to come, and as a wedding venue, your just cannot beat it.

Thank you to everyone involved in making our wedding such a memorable occasion, not only for us but also for all of our friends and family.

Best wishes to everyone at Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel for a fantastic 2014.

Karen and Gabriel

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SWoodlands, Manager at Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Karen and Gabriel,

Thank you both so much for the fabulous review of our hotel and your wedding reception. We were delighted to be a part of your special day and it makes all our efforts worthwhile knowing you had such a fabulous day.

We specialize in hosting weddings and we really enjoy being part of the most important day of a couple's lives. We really try to make it as stress free as possible for the couple and we are delighted to hear that your experience reflects our efforts.

It was our absolute pleasure to host your special day and I was only delighted to help in organizing one of the most memorable days of both your lives.

Thanks also for your kind praise of the food served as well as the efficiency of our team. It is genuinely much appreciated by all of us as the staff are a valuable asset in our hotel. We try very hard to give more than 100% to all of our guests so it is very rewarding when this is noticed. It is also lovely to hear that your guests were happy and enjoyed the food and had such a wonderful day celebrating with you both.

We hope to see you for many more occasions here in the hotel and look forward to spending more memorable days with you and your families.

Best wishes to you both and see you soon.

Elaina Fitzgerald Kane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Saint-Julien-en-Genevois, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

We went to Fitzgerald Woodlands House Hotel just after new year's eve this year.
The location is quite convenient, right besides Adare. We found it strange that it was classified as a Manor House Hotel though as the building is really recent and does not really look like a country house. But this detail is minor.
The hotel itself is really nice, reception was beautifully decorated with a huge Christmas tree. There are lounge areas with fireplaces and big comfortable sofas. The staff was welcoming and helpful, and the health facilities were clean and accessible til quite late which is a plus.
The room was quite big compared to other hotel rooms we've been to, and really clean. The bed was comfortable.The furniture and decoration were simple, but grand, and we had everything we needed in terms of kettle and toilletries.
The thing we found really disappointing was the restaurant. It looked a lot like a dinner, and as they serve breakfast in the same room you could see the food counters at the back of the room when you were eating, and this added to the fact that the table cloths were canteen table cloths did not help making the atmosphere enjoyable. The food was average, and the menu was not that original. All in all it did not meet the expectations we had for a restaurant in a four-star hotel.
The bar is nice and warm thanks to its fireplace, but there was a gig on Friday and we could hear the music from the hotel reception were we were having our pint. That's how noisy it was, and we would not have minded so much had the band been good. But they were awful...
I would say this hotel is fine if you are planning a short trip in Limerick, but avoid the restaurant. There are many places in Adare that you can go to for food.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jbombon
SWoodlands, General Manager at Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your recent stay with us.

Whilst we were delighted with most parts of the same, we were disappointed with some aspects and your overall rating of our hotel.

Focusing on the positives, thank you for acknowledging the friendliness and hospitality of our staff and the spaciousness and comfort of your bedroom and our lobby areas. Thank you also for acknowledging the huge effort that we put in with our Christmas decorations. It is appreciated. We also appreciate your good comments regarding our health and leisure club.

I would like to take this opportunity to highlight that we do not sell our hotel as being a manor house hotel but rather an Irish Country Hotel which espouses family hospitality and sources locally where possible. We are sorry that this was your perception in advance of your visit and we hope that even though you state it was minor, we would not like for us to be presented in a way that does not represent what we are. We are currently working towards the attainment of our fourth star- many aspects of this programme have been achieved and there are a few more to go so again your perception in advance of your visit may have impacted on your opinion of what we do.

I was also surprised to learn your comments about Timmy Mac's Bistro. We use oil cloths for breakfast and beautiful vintage patterned linen tablecloths for lunch and dinner. I would like to think that the fantastic menu and dishes in Timmy Mac's should be acknowledged. The kitchen that you speak of is the open plan kitchen which many guests appreciate as they can observe the TLC used in the final preparation of their food. Also, it is important to note that Fieldings of Adare, our more formal restaurant, is an alternative choice of dining and was available during your stay with us. Perhaps you might have the opportunity to dine in Fieldings of Adare on your next visit.

Thanking you for your feedback. Our guests feedback has been the bedrock of our success over the last 30 years.
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

I recently booked the Woodlands for the United Diocesan Youth Council of Limerick, Killaloe & Ardfert’s Annual Christmas Dinner Dance. This is our third year, that the Woodlands has hosted our UDYC’s Annual Christmas Dinner Dance. The hospitably and food once again was exceptional. I was told by some of our guests, that the “Turkey and Ham was best they ever had.”
Planning was easy as previous years. I really felt that Sinead and Veronica were passionate about doing everything they could to make our event a success. Nothing was too much trouble. On the night, Elaina & Wayne and their teams were excellent. The food was speculator as always and plenty of seconds. I really appreciate the personal service. Even the birthday desert! The accommodation was superb. Very comfortable beds.

The Fitzgerald Woodlands House Hotel is a must for their great hospitably, personal service, beautiful hotel and of course speculator food. The Fitzgerald Family and their team make it always a pleasure to visit and we look forward to being back at the Woodlands for our Dinner Dance next year.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SWoodlands, Manager at Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to complete your review. We are delighted that you had such a wonderful stay with us and we appreciate your very kind feedback.

It was our pleasure to look after you all and host your UDYC’s Annual Christmas Dinner Dance once again. We appreciate your loyalty in returning back to the hotel.

Thank you for your kind praise of the food served as well as the efficiency and friendliness of our team. It is genuinely much appreciated by all of us as the staff are a valuable asset in our hotel. Our team tries very hard to give more than 100% to all of our guests so it is very rewarding when this is noticed. We pride ourselves here on our high attention to detail and our delighted that we went the extra mile in ensuring that you had an enjoyable time at the hotel. We are very pleased to hear a wonderful comment like that about our Turkey and Ham dish.

We are also delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay in our extra comfy bed.
Your kind words are greatly appreciated here at the hotel and we value all of your positive comments very much. Guest feedback has been the bedrock of our success over the last 30 years.

We look forward to see you all again for your next dinner dance. Thanking you again.

Elaina Fitzgerald
Limerick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I went here recently with a family group of 8 with ages ranging from 6 to 78 and all of us without exception were delighted with the fresh, flavoursome food which we received. The staff were friendly and the atmosphere homely and welcoming. I can't wait to return for my next visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for posting such a very kind review of our Timmy Macs Bistro. Our guests feedback has been the bedrock of our success over the last 30 years.

We are so pleased to hear that you and your guests were delighted with the food that you received during your visit. We focus on giving all of our guests the most enjoyable experience from beginning to end and for all ages. Fresh Irish Food, locally grown and scoured is key to what the Bistro is about.

The staff are a valuable asset in our hotel and we are delighted that you experienced our friendly and welcoming staff during your stay.

Thank you once again for your kind words. We hope to see you again very soon.

Elaina Fitzgerald
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

I was wedding planner for my friends' wedding at this hotel, so was in meetings with the event manager over a few months, and I would highly recommend having a wedding here - Elaina was professional, friendly, helpful and went the extra mile for my friends getting married on more than one occasion, vastly reducing my stress levels! Also very good flexibility in terms of the wedding packages on offer. All of the staff I dealt with were very friendly, helpful, flexible and willing to meet our frequent and often last-minute requests, doing whatever they could to give the Bride & Groom whatever they wanted. I was very impressed by this.
This hotel also has a strong family ethos at its core (the senior staff are all Fitzgerald family members) and has a very relaxed/accommodating approach to kids and have facilities such as leisure centre with pool and even organised kids play sessions! Breakfast was served in a homely, comfortable “country kitchen” themed room with a lovely large (lit) open fire and had a good selection of both continental and traditional Irish cooked options. The dinner served at the wedding was delicious and portions were generous, our main meal also came with a great variety of side options.
I took advantage of the full service spa the morning after the wedding, and my experience there was one of the best I've ever had. Having just overseen a wedding at 8-months pregnant, I was exhausted and the maternity massage I had was exactly what I needed. My therapist was great, and despite the fact that I got there late, my treatment time wasn't cut short. Furthermore, I didn't feel rushed out afterward (which you can sometimes feel at a day spa); instead I was brought to a peaceful tented off area with comfy daybeds, fruit skewers and the most delicious fruit smoothie I have ever tasted. Plush robes, heated slippers at the end of the treatment, and even complimentary use of cleansers and toners are part of the extra touches that made it feel special.
Make no mistake, this is not an ultra modern hotel - you will have an old CRT TV in your room and there are no lifts. This country hotel has an "old-world" feel with bags of charm, picturesque setting, good attention to detail and excellent service from staff, which is also very important to me as a guest, and I found the whole experience very refreshing. If you can live with plasma TVs and lifts, this place is highly recommended.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are a good walk away up stairs and with no lifts - not great if you're carrying...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

We just stayed here recently for a winter wedding. The setting is picturesque. The drive way up had beautiful flames and the general feel upon arrival was warm and welcoming. There is plenty of parking. The reception is unusual in that is more of a desk then a counter but I guess this is a less formal, friendlier option. our room was upstairs, it was large, spacious and comfortable.

Some things I didn't like were; the fact that there is no lift and the stairs up to the room is very steep and has a very loose banister. The staff were more then willing to carry luggage up but I thought it was a little unsafe given how steep it is. The breakfast room felt a bit like a bar more so than place for eating breakfast. Breakfast was very slow as people had to wait for what seemed like the slowest toaster ever- might be worth investing in a better model and also a suggestion would be that people not choosing the Irish breakfast could get their options at a different section as opposed to having to wait to get fruit etc.

It is very spacious with an option to sit out in a smaller room, which we did. The staff are very friendly and helpful, this stems across all staff from cleaning staff to bar staff to waiting staff and really adds to the overall impression of the hotel.

The function room was lovely, very well laid out, bar staff were efficient as were waiting staff. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here for a weekend break, as I don't feel it's the kind of hotel you would want to stay in for the weekend but as a base from which to travel or a country escape on your travels, it is a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a downstairs room as it is easier to get to. If you are elderly or have trouble walking then...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
limerick ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

We had our Christmas party night at the woodlands. The package we got was excellent. From the moment we arrived we were made welcome and the service we received was great. For these of us that stayed the night the rooms were clean and top class and the breakfast the following morning was great. I can not recommend this place enough great staff and location and the service is top class

• Stayed December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adare
Dunraven Arms Hotel
Limerick Strand Hotel
Limerick Strand Hotel
#4 of 20 in Limerick
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,318 reviews

Been to Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel? Share your experiences!