“Excellent Service”

Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Adare
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 April 2009

I brought my wife here for 1 night over Easter, the rooms are a bit dated now to be honest but the bar, spa and restaurant are all excellent. From the check in staff, bar staff and the restuarant staff the service was excellent. They couldnt have been more helpful. Dinner in the restaurant was excellent too.
Got breakfast in bed which was fairly average so probably should have gotten out of bed and went down to restaurant.
All in all it was good vaule for money and seemed very family friendly judging by all of the children enjoying themselves on easter egg hunt and in general about the place.
My wife got treatments in the spa and said it was very good as well

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
woodlandsadare, Owner at Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2009

Many thanks for your very kind comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your break with us.

I have passed your comments regarding room service breakfast to our team so that they can make the necessary changes to ensure a more enjoyable inroom breakfast experience for all of our guests. As always, it is fair to say that there is an extensive breakfast buffet available which always offers a far more significant range of breakfast options to our guests than is available as part of our in room breakfast. However, certainly, there is learning for us from your comments.

Thanking you again for your kind comments & looking forward to your next stay.

Elaina and the team in Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel

There are newer reviews for Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel

Reviewed 19 April 2009

We recently got married in the Woodlands Hotel in Adare and our experience from start to finish was outstanding. We initally met with Elaina last year when we were looking for wedding venues and she was so helpful we knew instantly that we wanted to have our wedding there. All our dealings with the Woodlands in preparation of our big day were handled very efficiently and it is easy to see why they are the most popular choice for weddings in West Limerick. Particular praise to Elaina and Brid, they were more than helpful with any queries that we had.
The day itself was spectacular, we had over 200 guests celebrating our day with us and the function room was fantastic. We had a separate kids table decorated especially for them with ballons, games etc and also a play area and they had their own separate menu (which had a lot more choice than the adults menu). This was a huge success. The meal and service was outstanding and all our guests commented on how great it was and several said it was the best wedding that they had been at there.
The management and staff of the woodlands made us feel so special and I don't think we could have been looked after better anywhere else.
A lot of my friends travelled from Dublin and stayed two nights. They got fantastic internet rates which included entry to the hydrosuite at the spa and a bottle of bubbly and chocolate strawberries when they arrived and a voucher for the outstanding restaurant Timmy Macs. A lot of them intend returning and a few have organised vouchers for their parents.
Revas Spa at the hotel is absolutely fab and provide a great service to brides. I got all my treatments there including facials, reflexology, pedicures, manicures in preparation for the big day and the spa is fantastic. A hair stylist and beautican came to my house the morning of the wedding and looked after myself and the bridesmaids and they did a great job. Revas Spa is a great addition to the hotel and to West Limerick. I have been to spas in five star hotels and Revas Spa is on a par if not superior to any of them.
Last but not least I have to mention the leisure centre. As part of the package of having our wedding at the Woodlands we got free membership to the leisure centre. The gym and pool are fantastic. All the staff are so friendly and helpful there. I availed of the Personal Trainer Lukasz for a number of training sessions to get fit and toned for the day and he was brillant, so good in fact that i am continuing on with my personal training sessions.
I know this review is long but I availed of all the facilities the Woodlands Hotel had to offer and found them all incredible and would recommond this Hotel for any family event or occasion. It has something to suit everyone. Again a big thank you to the Staff and Management of the Hotel for making our wedding day perfect.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank HelsLimerick
Reviewed 16 April 2009

We stayed in the Woodlands hotel for a wedding in Nov last.
It was a very average experience in every sense of the word. We booked directly with the hotel. We were given at room at a much higher rate than what we could have we booked on the web but when this was questioned we were told it was because we were part of the wedding party and there was a special rate for wedding guests. WHY SHOULD WEDDING GUESTS HAVE TO PAY MORE?
We questioned this again upon checking in and were given an upgrade - would not like to seen the other room. This room was so old fashioned - like your granny's house! old and grotty bathroom, worn and missing grout - definitely late 80's feel to it. At €125 euro a night it was poor. The TV switch was missing so you needed to use a pen to switch it on .... need I go on.

The wedding meal itself was very rushed by the hotel - as soon as the coffee was served the wait staff stared blowing out the candles on the tables and cleared everything off. The bride hadn’t even finished her coffee. Very strange. They even cleared away glasses of wine from our table. we were seated up on the side and the waitress literally knocked me off my fold up seat each time she served our table.
I know what it is like working as a waitress as I have done the job myself however why not give guest 20 mins to digest their food etc before stripping the whole place down. The sandwiches etc for later in the evening were put out on the tables after 2 hours and then were again removed quickly - mostly full. Why not bring this food out at 11.30pm when everyone is hungry again etc.... I don’t get it.

I believe trom one of the wedding guests that this hotel was built up over the years by a local family and for that I admire them because that isn’t an easy thing to do, however it is time to put a bit of money into the rooms and up the service - cant use the excuse any more that there aren't any good staff out there.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
woodlandsadare, Owner at Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2009

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your feedback.

The team in Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel are disspaointed that you did not enjoy your experience as a wedding guest with us.

I would firstly like to address your queries in relation to the rate that you are charged. There are three tiers of wedding rates that are applicable to three different room types in Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel. As you were charged the middle rate, it is fair to say that were other guests who were charged at the lower tier room rate. In addition as another point of information, sometimes due to late cancellations, we do offer room rates lower than published rates. However restrictions can apply such as length of stay or only available for a limited number of rooms. In our defence, at their initial booking stage we promise our bridal couples a substantial amount of rooms for their guests at reduced rates. It would be misleading to offer a couple of rooms at a lower rate & then charge excessive rates to other guests which can happen in other hotels.

I am sorry that your television was ineffective. We have since replaced this particular defective television with a flat screen lcd tv. In relation to our comments about our decor, our hotel is a family run country based hotel which still has many traditional features. I am sorry that some aspects of our decor were not to your taste. We have a continuous process of refurbishement which sees many of our facilities and features being upgraded every day.

Having been in business for over 25 years, we have had the honour of hosting in excess of 2500 weddings. Our smallest wedding this year will be 10 guests whereas our largest will be in excess of 400 guests; both weddings being uniquely special. Recently, we hosted a Renewal of Wedding Vows ceremony for all of the couples who held their wedding celebrations with us over the last 25 years. One particular family had eight of their 10 family members host their wedding ceremonies in Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel. With in excess of 150 weddings being held with us this year including civiil ceremonies, it is obvious that we are the preferred wedding venue in the mid west region. It is the couples who decide what time to schedule their meal & who schedule the time for the commencement of dancing, the time for serving the evening reception etc. Our role is to act in accordance with the bridal couple's wishes. We are sorry that you feel that by carrying this out that we impacted negatively on your overall experience. We have passed your comments on to our banqueting team so that wey will incorporate your feedback into their weekly training so as to ensure a better standard of service for all of our guests.

We thank you again for your comments and for your patronage. We are always available to discuss your feddback further. We hope that your next visit is more pleasurable.

Kind Regards

Elaina Fitzgerald and the team in Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel.

Reviewed 6 April 2009

Had a meal with friends recently. It was really awful. Staff were professional but owner was a totally rude and abrupt person.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank BennyCoClare

Many thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback.

As your review is extremely vague, I would appreciate if you could contact me to identify which if our two restaurants that you dined in as the feedback collated from comment cards & our comment books does not suggest any issues were identified in either Timmy Mac's Bistro or the Brennan Room during your indicated weekend.

In addition, I was also astonished to learn that you felt rudely treated by one of the extended family. I would appreciate if you could also identifty the same as clearly as you will see from the other reviews that this behaviour is certainly not the norm for our team in Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel.

We look forward to hearing from you so that we can investigate your comments further.

Elaina and the team in Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel

Reviewed 20 March 2009

After a horrible weekend stay in November last that included:

Cold Food that had to be returned
Horrible Room
Faulty fittings in the bathroom
Television barely working
Difficulty with voucher

I wrote a 2-page letter of complaint to the manager, detailing all of the problems we had encountered. I got a phone call from a staff member a couple of days later asking for more details, and never heard anything since.

Our stay was horrible. I concede it is possible that someone looking for a different kind of weekend, and staying perhap in a different room, eating different food, might enjoy their stay, and we really hoped that the management would at least have the courtesy to respond officially, but our experience was horrible.

Poor value, poor food, poor accommodation. I really thought standards like this were a thing of the past in Ireland. Not worth half what we paid.

If there is one saving grace it is that the staff we had face-to-face dealings with were nice.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cathalr_99

Dear Guest

I was absolutely astonished to learn that you did not receive our letter of apology in relation to your stay with us.

As you mentioned, having received your letter outlining your dissatisfaction with your stay in early November, we subsequently contacted you to discuss your comments further so that we could address the issues in depth with our team. This in itself should suggest our initial commitment to listening to your feedback.

The following Friday after your discussion with Sinead our Reservations Manager, we discussed your feedback with our entrire management team and supervisors at our weekly management meeting in line with all of the other feedback received during the same period. We subsequently sent a letter to you acknowleging the difficulties that you encountered as well as enclosing a voucher for two nights accommodation with breakfast in our hotel with our compliments. This can also be used in our sister hotel in Cork, Fitzgeralds Vienna Woods Hotel. In addition, this letter outlined the learning that evolved for our team from your feedback for our team as well as the refurbishment that had ensued.

I would like to take this opportunity to address that the voucher that you wished to use could not be validated in the hotel becuase as it clearly says on the voucher, it is an Irish Country Hotels/Manor House Hotels Voucher & all reservations must be made directly through this particular company when a guest intends to use the same. You chose to make your reservation on our website directly so we were not in a position to validate the voucher for you. Having spoken to the reservation team who you believs may have misled you, it has emerged they did not understand that your voucher was not one of our hotel vouchers specifically thus leading to the sitaution that emerged. Irish Country Hotels/Manor House Hotels have since changed the userability of their vouchers system so that we can view the value of vouchers issued by them online so that hoteliers can assist guests who have found themsleves in a similiar position to your scenario.

I can only ascertain from your comments that you did not receive our feedback to your letter. Therefore, I have resent the letter by registered post again so as to ensure that you have no difficulties in receiving the same.

I trust that your next visit to our hotels will be more pleasurable. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss any aspect of your stay or your propective stay further.

We thank you again for your comments.

Elaina and all of the team in Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel

Reviewed 27 February 2009

Stayed here for the weekend and absolutely loved it. The spa is one of the best I have ever been to - I believe the owners recently spent a couple of million on a complete overhaul and I have to say it was money well spent!. Everything about it from the atmosphere, staff and the treatment itself was absolutely perfect. Thoroughly enjoyed it and was made feel very relaxed and welcome.
The hotel itself is lovely too, rooms spotless clean and very spacious. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in!.
We ate in the hotels two restaurants. One is timmy macs bistro- a casual style restaurant with real home made tasting food. The focal point is a huge old style fire/range which was just lovely and created a cosy atmosphere. The other is The Brennan Room which is a more formal dining experience. Could not fault the food in either of the restaurants - very very nice with great service and reasonable prices.
I have to give a special mention to the staff who were so friendly and would go out of their way to accomodate you.
Overall I was extremely pleased with my stay and the hotel totally exceeded my expectations of a family run three star hotel!.
One tiny snag was outside of the reception area on the way to the bedrooms, could do with a lick of paint on the walls or tidying up - just thought they were slightly shabby towards the rest of the hotel. Not something that would put you off and probably wouldn't even be picked up on by most people but if they could correct that small detail, the hotel would be just perfect!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
woodlandsadare, Owner at Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2009

Many thanks for your very kind review. The team here in Fitzgeralds
Woodlands House Hotel very much appreciate you taking the time to give us
such fantastic feedback.

Just to let you know that we recently completed the painting of our lobby
area so hopefully on your next visit you will see our new gleaming foyer.

As a thank you for your kind words, we would be delighted to offer you a
complimentary upgrade on your next visit. Please do not hesitate to
contact me directly to arrange the same.

We look forward to your next visit.

Elaina Fitzgerald and the team in Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel

Reviewed 25 February 2009

We booked the Woodlands for our wedding reception as we had been to other weddings and functions in the hotel and were very pleased. To be honest we didn't even look at another hotel this was the one we both wanted.

From when we first met with the Fitzgeralds in the planning of the reception we were both extremely happy, the function room is big and could accomodate our large wedding number with no problems. Any time we wanted to query something or change something for the reception there was no problem and we were dealt with very efficently. The huge variety for the drinks reception and the dinner menu was brilliant, our only problem was choosing what we wanted!!

All of our guests were delighted with the hotel, reception especially the food they are all still talking about the fantastic service and how hot and fresh the food was. A good number of our wedding party stayed in the hotel and all were pleased with bedrooms and breakfast although none got to use the new spa or leisure facilities alot spoke about how good they both looked.

We would like to thank the Fitzgerald family and their staff for giving us the most fantastic day, everything went perfect and we had no worries on the day of the wedding as we knew we were in good hands. We would both highly recommend The Woodlands as a wedding venue or any family or social event. If we had to do it all again there is no where else that we would rather have our reception.

Thanks for everything!!

• Stayed: January 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adare
Dunraven Arms Hotel
No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa
Bunratty Castle Hotel
Bunratty Castle Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bunratty

Been to Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel? Share your experiences!