“top class friendly staff excellent hotel”

Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Adare
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 December 2009

having stayed previously in your hotel we were looking foward to our break.As usual we were not disappointed.on arrival we were greeted by your friendly staff who couldnt do enough to help us .We were looking for an upgrade to a suite but ye had none available but your staff gave us a nice large room.Food was fantastic couldnt fault it service was excellent.Met owner in the hotel bar very friendly chatty man.was our first break with our little one very family friendly hotel.
Am going to return in jan with my mum for a quiet break away.
Looking foward to it already.
lynn mayo

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
woodlandsadare, Proprietor at Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2010

Thank you so much for your very kind comments. We look forward to your next visit. Please make sure and let us know when you are coming so that we can endeavour to say a big thank you in person.

Kind Regards

Elaina, David and the team in Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel

Reviewed 12 December 2009

Dear David

Just a quick note to say a huge thanks for a great breakfast, you and your staff anticipated everyone’s tastes and needs, I was so impressed as I did not expect such a variety of choices, Berries and natural yogurt being my first choice, was a surprise, along with the juices, smoothies, and other food choices too many to mention.

Congratulations and very well done, but on reflection I guess it should not be that much of a surprise to me as my family and myself have made the woodlands our gathering place for family occasions over the years. Therefore I do not have to elaborate on the esteem we as a family and I hold for the Woodlands

Sincerely Yours,
Paschal Rowland

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2009

i was looking 4 a hotel in adare looked at a few other hotels in adare but there were not very friendly. As soon as u walk in the hotel its very homely staff our lovely couldnt do enough for u. the first time we stayed was last november, we been back 3 our 4 times and have took family back with us. they very child friendly lots 4 them to do. My wedding is in february and david in the hotel is a great help to us, as im from armagh and my fiance is from kerry. he help us getting numbers for bands, video men, flowers, cars. We could as for more. by the way the spa is out of this world it's a must.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2009

my husband and I stayed in your hotel Fitzgeralds Woodlands in October. we paid a rate of €130 for double room.

I was absolutely disgusted at the state of the room... there were cobwebs hanging from the ceiling, the grouting on the bathroom tiles was dirty, ceiling was black from mildew.
one of our bedside lockers had a broken lamp and contained a previous guest's spectalcle cleaning cloth!! the other bedside locker had a sticky drawer knob (as if from sticky sweets, I hope!) the seat of the chair at the dressing table was badly stained, so we couldn't sit on it. The bed itself seemed clean, we didn't get to it till early morning....

While I didn't complain when we booked in (we were rushing to a wedding), I did point out all this at the desk when settling the bill, and was disappointed that no effort was made to compensate in price.
The Manager subsequently made a "gesture" by refunding €27 to my credit card, (which I did not authorise him to do)....bringing it to the cost of a standard room...if this was a standard room I would hate to think what the others were likel

having stayed in a hotel in Kilkenny the previous weekend in a fabulous hotel, and having gone on to Kilarney on leaving the Woodlands and stayed in a very clean, fresh hotel room, at similar rates, I found the comparison just appalling!

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2009

I organised our mother's 91st birthday party to be held in Fitzgeralds Woodlands House and it was such a success with great credit to all involved in this professionally run establishment. Everything was meticulously organised by a very efficent and competent staff and management. The food was excellently prepared and presented and served with great efficiency and homely friendliness. Would recommend Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel to anyone. Even during recessionary times they are constantly busy and kept going.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2009

We had been assured a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe room – I can only shudder at what a standard room might have afforded us.
We were attending a wedding weekend in Adare Manor from the Saturday to Monday, so we thought we would have a quiet bit of preparation in your Hotel. It was most disappointing.
The room was not cleaned properly – there was a stash of empty wine bottles in the wardrobe and paper debris behind the cushions on the couch. The bathroom was covered with mould and the vanity unit had paint chipped off it. The carpet was frayed and had become dangerously dislodged on an implausible step in the middle of the room. Many of the TV channels did not work. To cap it all off, we had drunks yeowling and banging on our door at 5.45am. A pervasive fusty smell capped the whole experience.
One positive – the breakfast in Timmy’s bistro was nice, as were the breakfast staff. However, when the stoker came to put a large log on the beautiful open fire, he swore audibly and copiously!
We paid €99 for this one-night visit – appalling when compared to others in our family who stayed in Collins’ B+B in the town for HALF that amount.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2009

The hotel is lovely, the food is exceptional. You gave us a beautiful room.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adare
Dunraven Arms Hotel
#1 of 3 in Castletroy
Limerick Strand Hotel
Limerick Strand Hotel
#3 of 20 in Limerick

Been to Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel? Share your experiences!